Borderlands?
  • mfarrmfarr October 2009
    First off hello again everyone. I hope everyone is doing just fine.

Now to Borderlands...
    I don't know if any of you have heard of this game, but it looks like it will be pretty fantastic.
    (Here is the ign page)
    It is a RPFPS (role playing fps) that is being called a first person shooter version of diablo that allows four player co-op.

Just wondering if anyone has looked into it and/or may be purchasing it. I know I will so I am looking for people to play with.
  • ErlingErling October 2009
    Have a sized group for PS3 going.
  • LethaLLethaL October 2009
    i saw the trailer one day and liked it i will probably give it a shot its gonna depends on the game

btw here is the review made by ign : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3r8_I36qQ

EDIT - just found out that steam sell it for 49,99$ which is the normal price but currently they are selling it for 44,99$
  • BrianBrian October 2009
    Hellgate London had the same premise, with serious hype, and was a ridiculous failure.
  • BillBill October 2009
    I've been looking forward to this game for a good six months or so. Everything about it looks awesome. I don't have $50 though. I'm currently trying to find a way to get $50... But there are no guarontees.

Bill

Edit: Doesn't someone owe me $50 for something? Anyone? Maybe just for being awesome. I guess what I'm saying here is, someone should buy this and gift it to me on steam, just for being me.
  • KPKP October 2009
    I am not sure if I like the game, or just the song in the commercial.
  • mfarrmfarr October 2009
    Well Bill if we get 4 people together that want to buy the game we could purchase the four pack on steam and it would only be about $35 each. So me you lethal and I think one of my buddies would buy. Just a thought.
  • BillBill October 2009
    QUOTE (mfarr @ Oct 20 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well Bill if we get 4 people together that want to buy the game we could purchase the four pack on steam and it would only be about $35 each. So me you lethal and I think one of my buddies would buy. Just a thought.

Actually a buddy of mine is talking about doing the same exact thing. And we already have 2, 3 if phil is in as well, so we'd only need a forth and we'd be good to go. So let me know if you want in.

• PheylanPheylan October 2009
    I might be interested in giving it a go.
  • PhilPhil October 2009
    I plan to be part of Bill's group purchase of this game, and to subsequently play it.
  • GovernorGovernor October 2009
    I also plan to be a part of Bill's group. Get your own group, dicks.
  • BillBill October 2009
    Court, talk to lethal. There may be enough for a second 4-pack prepurchase if you guys hustle a little.

Also, anyone looking for some wait mate to help pass the time till borderlands comes out, there's a free weekend of Killing Floor on steam this weekend. Looks interesting enough to hold attention for a few days, at least.

Bill
    iI wouldn't mind forming an other four pack but so far i don't think it would happen, everyone i asked if they were interested they said the game looks good and that they will look into it but as for now still new updates about that

Unless Court changed his mind i already asked him about the game when i saw mfarr's thread few days ago and he said he was not interested because he doesn't have time to play any games but if you changed your mind Court i'll do what i can to try to get an other group for the four pack

about killing floor mfarr told me about it yesterday and i pre-loaded it today so if you guys want to play let me know
  • ErlingErling October 2009
    Anyone else got this on PS3? /sadface. All my friends are console whores! image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • PhilPhil October 2009
    Why would you want to play a console when you have a PC?!?!?
  • BillBill October 2009
    Especially for an fps?
    Alright i PMed Court on the forum and if he can respond soon and if he is really interested then we will probably have an other four pack which would include myself, Court and mfarr's roomate

If anyone get in cotnact with pheylan tell him to talk to me he said he might be interested about buying the game and he could be the fourth person i need for the four pack

EDIT- jammy i hate you now jammy will mostly not be it so i would need someone else to replace him
  • LethaLLethaL November 2009
    BUMP
    you guys might want to know that apparently gearbox is already making a download content for borderlands in which you fight zombies and according to the review its approx 6-10 hours of play. Currently it says its gonna be out on ps3 and xbox360 on November 24th and later for pc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk4q9KBRdKs...player_embedded
  • BrianBrian November 2009
    How is everyone enjoying the game thus far?
  • GovernorGovernor November 2009
    I think the game is a lot of fun if you're playing it with friends. It isn't a finely tuned RPG though -- it is hilariously easy to cap your level (a week or two of quest game play or an hour or two of grinding with an already capped hunter), you could not possibly run out of gold if you tried, and you are basically always a couple levels ahead of whatever quest you are currently on.

All in all, it was well worth the money I spent on it, and I look forward to playing it for a couple more weeks.
  • PhilPhil November 2009
    I want to second everything Court and Lethal said, and add in a few things.

Gun mechanics - precise and fun. What could you want? The shooting is good. Driving isn't so good, but who cares about driving.

Customization - you can do enough of it to be fun, and because the game isn't dependent on min-maxing you can fuck around and have fun (also, virtually no respec costs) Nothing is bound to your character either, so I can loan Bill's alts my legendary guns etc

As Court said, its not finely tuned, and perhaps tuned way too easy for the first play through (unless you have never played an RPG before and are trying to aim with your keyboard). The 2nd and 3rd play throughs are fun though as the enemies get harder.

And, as Court said (on vent not on the forums) "I like this game, because its totally stress free". And it is, fuck around, or play hardcore, or farm or just do random stuff its all stress free, because its so damn easy :-D

So yea, its def worth the money. Purchase a copy and hop in vent.

ItsPhil is the name of my gamespy ID, so go ahead and add me, or just shoot a steam msg.

• LethaLLethaL November 2009
    at first i was not really impressed by the game, but after playing more and more it became funnier and enjoyable. I think its really worth the your money for the time and fun you'll have by playing this game like court and phil mentioned above

btw what you guys think of the downloadable content, to me it look like l4d just got into borderlands

gamespyID: LethaL2388
  • GovernorGovernor November 2009
    My gamespy id is GameSpyIsTheWorst
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership