GoogleWave
  • KPKP October 2009
    Anyone have invites to this thing?
  • NunesNunes October 2009
    QUOTE (KarmaPolice @ Oct 28 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Anyone have invites to this thing?

No.

And it's not a thing. It's an abomination and a crime against humanity.
  • mungomungo October 2009
    Why is it bad? I don't know that much about it but it seemed pretty cool.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton October 2009
    I believe Andrew was channeling the legal department at AT&T.
  • ErlingErling October 2009
    I liked what I saw, ended up watching the entire video.
    Meh, I planned on trolling this thread. But I'm not motivated anymore.

Yeah. It's pretty cool looking. Overly featured perhaps. If that's even possible.
  • GovernorGovernor October 2009
    Wave was used extensively with much success this past week and ZendCon. A few dozen people used it to track notes and developments from the various sessions and keynotes, and it is proving to be an awesome resource post-conference.

It is buggy as hell, but I definitely like where it is going.
    I also understand that "waves" are highly customizable, in a way that makes the actual capabilities of this shit kind of unknown. I know that I can think of a couple dozen ways this could be useful where I work, and I don't even do that much collaboration... But that assumes that the people I work with would figure this thing out, and I'm not quite sure how long that would take me to do myself.
  • ErlingErling October 2009
    Haha, Andrew. I was actually thinking something along the same lines. I could see this thing taking off huge - if people can figure it out. Everyone I know that knows a half-shit about programming sees this as a great tool for developers but I'm struggling to see any of my "common user" adopting it - even if it may be a much greater tool for communication than AIM etc. Although once there's an extension for messaging software instead of using the browser I can see that part taking off.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership