The United Football League
  • NunesNunes October 2009
    I'm going to the Meadowlands tonight to watch the New York Sentinels take on the California Redwoods. Should be a good time.

You can catch the game on Versus at 7 pm.

It's the league's first season, and it's described as preseason quality football. Plenty of ex-NFL players and coaching staff. Plenty of practice squad level talent as well. I think it could be a great developmental league, personally.
  • mungomungo October 2009
    How much are tickets?
    QUOTE (mungo @ Oct 29 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    How much are tickets?

50 bucks, and I'm second row at the 50 yard line.

Having watched a game on Tee Vee I know that I can pretty much sit wherever I like. Place is a ghost town.

Ticket Purchases - through ticketmaster via the UFL site.
  • BillBill October 2009
    $50 is a lot of money to see a UFL game. Now, if they'd put that shit from like early March through August, I'd be a season ticket holder.
    QUOTE (Bill @ Oct 29 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    $50 is a lot of money to see a UFL game. Now, if they'd put that shit from like early March through August, I'd be a season ticket holder.

I disagree only from a relative price perspective. Yeah, 50 bucks is about double what I'd pay to see most any band for the same 3 hours, but preseason NFL tickets are a couple hundred to sit in the nosebleeds. And this is supposed to be about that quality. I was also upset by the loss of the AFL, which I considered to be a potential breeding ground for talent. This league is a much better analog for the NFL, and I suspect that it will give players who might have been cut before having the chance to prove themselves the opportunity to be paid to play the sport.

I guess I just like that there's a developmental league out there now, and I wish to support it, so I think of the $50 price tag as more like $25 for the ticket and a $25 donation.
  • BillBill October 2009
    I dig the logic, I just don't dig the programming. Move that shit to winter into spring and it will blossom if funded correctly. But putting it on in the middle of football season, even if you are keeping the games to weekdays, is god damned retarded. You're competing with the NFL and college football. Move this shit to different months and it's a god damned gold mine if you advertise it right.
  • AlfyAlfy October 2009
    QUOTE (Bill @ Oct 29 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I dig the logic, I just don't dig the programming. Move that shit to winter into spring and it will blossom if funded correctly. But putting it on in the middle of football season, even if you are keeping the games to weekdays, is god damned retarded. You're competing with the NFL and college football. Move this shit to different months and it's a god damned gold mine if you advertise it right.

QFT

I mean, right now, we have Hockey, Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Nascar (as much as going around in circles is boring, people still follow it) all vying for people's attention. Trying to throw one more thing in now, and that is just bad business. If come spring time, I could have more football, that would be OK with me; or even play the off season.
  • BillBill October 2009
    That's what I mean, make the UFL season the NFL offseason. Football is the only sport I watch, and I love to have more football to watch throughout the year.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership