Holiday gifts!
  • mungomungo December 2009
    What do you guys want and what are you planning on getting people?
  • PheylanPheylan December 2009
    Mom and Grandmom: Snuggies!

Sister: Renewing Playboy subscription.

Dad: Impact driver.

Liquor for everyone.

Edit: I'm getting a Citizen watch.
  • xemplarxemplar December 2009
    Want: My eyesight

Mom: No ideas
    Brother: New gaming headset
    Sister-in-Law: Cooking steamer
    Niece: Santa Buddies(movie)
  • MagicMagic December 2009
    I'm asking for a new set of tires for my car lawlz
  • BrianBrian December 2009
    Want: A shit ton of camping gear, a Canon SX20 IS, a Jeep image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Getting:

Mom: Jewelry + make up (still can't believe how expensive this shit is) + book
    Dad: Complete Ipod interface for his kickass sound system
    Sister: Ipod touch

I know I get either the shit ton of camping gear, or the camera. I just have to decide which I want.
  • crazyd1415crazyd1415 December 2009
    Just give this.
  • redboneredbone December 2009
    QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 12 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Want: A shit ton of camping gear, a Canon SX20 IS, a Jeep image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Getting:

Mom: Jewelry + make up (still can't believe how expensive this shit is) + book
    Dad: Complete Ipod interface for his kickass sound system
    Sister: Ipod touch

I know I get either the shit ton of camping gear, or the camera. I just have to decide which I want.

I remember when I got one of these http://www.rei.com/product/660002 for Christmas one year and was stoked about it.
    As much as I love camping, I suggest only going for that if you're 100% sure that you're going to use it. That being said, camping gear can last you a lifetime, and the technology upgrades aren't super frequent (hey guys, I think we need something other than a tent to sleep in this time), where as with a camera, 3 months from now you will be able to buy the same thing for a decent chunk of change less.
  • BrianBrian December 2009
    QUOTE (redbone @ Dec 12 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I remember when I got one of these http://www.rei.com/product/660002 for Christmas one year and was stoked about it.
    As much as I love camping, I suggest only going for that if you're 100% sure that you're going to use it. That being said, camping gear can last you a lifetime, and the technology upgrades aren't super frequent (hey guys, I think we need something other than a tent to sleep in this time), where as with a camera, 3 months from now you will be able to buy the same thing for a decent chunk of change less.

I decided on the camera. I need it for work, and it is the best mix of affordability and features I need. Though it will also be for personal use, I will likely never require a better camera then this.

I decided to order the camping gear on my own. These are en-route to me now:

Wetterlings Axe ("Wildlife" model)
    Some Frost River camp knives (using my Kabar as a standard camp knife is painful, though it excels at it)
    Ontario CT2 Machete
    White Mountain Backpack (Trail Blazer)
    Bushnell 10x25 H2O WP binocs
    Original style Tilley Hat
    Damascus Dufflebag (less for camping, more as my work BoB)

It pleases me that much of my work kit is very useful and practical for my personal life as well.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 December 2009
    Mom: Ipod
    Dad: Home Depot gift cards (its all he ever wants)

Sister: No clue

Everyone else: The most random thing ever.

Want: Boobs
  • dandan December 2009
    QUOTE (Zer0^ @ Dec 13 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Want: Boobs

I hear they have surgeries for that kind of thing.

-dan

edit: cut out the irrelevant part of the quote
  • scrubblescrubble December 2009
    mungo...i love the avatar.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership