• GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2009
    One of the most beautiful movies of our time and I recommend a 3d showing immediately. I'm not even telling you about this movies story, just watching all the gorgeous visualizations was worth my money twice this weekend.
  • xemplarxemplar December 2009
    Did you see it in 3D?..I wouldn't want to wear the glasses for 3 hours..
  • MagicMagic December 2009
    I saw it in 3D -- was pretty cool
  • KPKP December 2009
    I feel like it has been hyped up so much that there is nothing that it can do to make it live up to it.

From the previews it looked like the story was lame and the acting pretty bad...but the graphics did look sweet. I plan to go see it in Imax
  • NunesNunes December 2009
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Dec 20 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    One of the most beautiful movies of our time and I recommend a 3d showing immediately. I'm not even telling you about this movies story, just watching all the gorgeous visualizations was worth my money twice this weekend.

Oh, but I will.

It's dances with wolves with aliens.

Including the 2.5 hour+ run time.

Also let it be known that the bad guy is a god damned cartoon. Not literally though.

A worthwhile movie experience though, in spite of its shortcomings. As has been repeatedly stated, the movie was absolutely gorgeous. The HUD's used by characters in the film alone are worth paying 10 dollars to see, let alone the numerous helicopter landings with shit flying around the ground and shiny grass fluttering in the chopper-wash.

It is, however, absolutely unacceptable to call your future-metal Unobtainium. wtf is this shit? The Core? Why not just call the blue folks "rat brains" and fully relegate this film to the echelons of some of the worst sci-fi films of all time, at that point...
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2009
    I'll unobtainium your mom.
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf December 2009
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Dec 21 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• BrianBrian December 2009
    lol, looks like Andrew just got out-Andrewed.
  • neocronneocron December 2009
    I really want to see this in 3D IMAX but the closest 3D IMAX to me is 100 miles up in Edinburgh image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> the UK cinemas are so far behind! I will be going to see it shortly but just in a standard cinema, booooooo!
  • mungomungo December 2009
    Seeing it today at 3:15 in imax....excited
  • PheylanPheylan December 2009
    I saw it, enjoyed it. Not in 3D unfortunately, but still good. I think I expected more. More combat maybe, for how long the movie was. I was kinda rooting for the humans, even if they were being a little douchee.

I don't really see how that could be a happy ending. I mean, what's going to happen in 10 years when the humans decide they still want all that stupid named unobtainium.
  • redboneredbone December 2009
    where the hell did neocron come from 0.o

100 miles away... holy crap, it's 1/10 that for me, but i can remember 5 years ago when they were first introduced to the area, so maybe sometime soon, because its worth it. Watching movies in 3D imax is the shit.

If you can't stand the glasses for 2-3 hours, think about all us blind folk who do it all day long every day.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 January 2010
    Saw it in 3D, the visuals were absolutely incredible. I'd definitely pay to see it again.
  • ErlingErling January 2010
    I can't decide if I like this movie besides it's glorious CG.
  • BrianBrian January 2010
    I must say the bad guy was the coolest character out of all those pussies.

/allthatisman
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership