Apple App Store
  • NunesNunes February 2010
    Sauce

CODE
    1. No images of women in bikinis
    2. No images of men in bikinis!
    3. No skin
    4. No silhouettes that indicate that Wobble can be used for wobbling boobs
    5. No sexual connotations or innuendo: boobs, babes, booty, sex – all banned
    6. Nothing that can be sexually arousing!
    7. No apps will be approved that in any way imply sexual content

Still available in the app store.

FHM apps
    Playboy apps
    SI apps

When confronted about this inconsistency apple said "The difference is this is a well-known company with previously published material available broadly in a well-accepted format."

• AlfyAlfy February 2010
    Their store, their rules. If you don't like it, develop for a different platform.
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Feb 23 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Their store, their rules. If you don't like it, develop for a different platform.

Yep, they like to make it crystal clear that it's THEIR store. And THEIR apps. And even though you paid (more than it was worth) for it, they want you to know that it's still THEIR device.
  • AlfyAlfy February 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Feb 23 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yep, they like to make it crystal clear that it's THEIR store. And THEIR apps. And even though you paid (more than it was worth) for it, they want you to know that it's still THEIR device.

Yes, no one has been forced to buy one. I wish I knew a little bit more about the app store. However, they are not their apps. Apple does not own the code the developer wrote. If you want to try to find another place that will sign the apps though, good luck.

It is their house. Play by their rules, regardless of how dumb they are, or don't play at all.
  • GovernorGovernor February 2010
    I absolutely disagree with everything Alfy is saying. Of course they have the right to say what is and is not on their device, but that doesn't suddenly make all of their decisions beyond reproach.

The fact is, Apple engages in some of the most anti-competitive, despicable behavior when it comes to how they handle application development for the iphone. Their behavior is an affront to software development -- it spits on open development, and stifles innovation. They are doing exactly the same shit that Microsoft did when it stomped the competition in the PC market, and their fanboi base is propping them up with apathetic, if not misleading, dribble like what Alfy posted in this thread.
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Feb 23 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, no one has been forced to buy one. I wish I knew a little bit more about the app store. However, they are not their apps. Apple does not own the code the developer wrote. If you want to try to find another place that will sign the apps though, good luck.

It is their house. Play by their rules, regardless of how dumb they are, or don't play at all.

I don't. This thread is another example of why I don't.
  • AlfyAlfy February 2010
    But yet you post to bitch about it?

And for the record, I do.
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Feb 23 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    But yet you post to bitch about it?

And for the record, I do.

God, you're snide. You can fuck right off with that attitude, frankly.
  • redboneredbone February 2010
    someone has ants in their pants
  • AlfyAlfy February 2010
    How did the troll bait taste, Andrew?

Oh, and Gov too... image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Feb 24 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• BrianBrian February 2010
    <3 my iPhone.

Jus' sayin.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership