School monitoring students with webcam
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf February 2010
    Lets see if I bugger the link.

NPR coverage

Personally I think the school was waaaay out of line here. The principal confronts the student with a picture taken from the webcam. Principal DENIES authorizing or using the webcam to obtain this photo? Hows that work?

Sorry school system, but the kid has a very solid case if you ask me. Can't wait till the Feds finish their investigation.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124043452
  • NunesNunes February 2010
    Heard about this. More reading is in order, but I can guarantee that there are naked pictures of underage girls floating around on somebody in that administration's computer.
    Functional Link
    Functional Followup
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton February 2010
    The school administrator was in the bushes.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf February 2010
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Feb 26 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The school administrator was in the bushes.

Sr. or Jr. ?
  • mfarrmfarr March 2010
    Saw this on Digg the other week and thought it was crazy that each student was given a laptop in a high school. Realized later that this is the school district that my dad works at (an aid at one of the elementary schools), and it makes a bit more sense with the amount of money that area has.
  • NunesNunes March 2010
    QUOTE (mfarr @ Mar 4 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Saw this on Digg the other week and thought it was crazy that each student was given a laptop in a high school. Realized later that this is the school district that my dad works at (an aid at one of the elementary schools), and it makes a bit more sense with the amount of money that area has.

Ah... Tying school budgets to property taxes. If you're poor, you get a shitty education. If you're not you get spied on by your entirely too wealthy school district.

win/win
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership