where you bitches at
  • woerwoer April 2010
    I'm closing in on a 10 hr/day average, and I've only seen Meathammer and Dr. Zoidberg!
  • PheylanPheylan April 2010
    What is this game you reference to?
  • PhilPhil April 2010
    I was just thinking yesterday about how I could kill some time playing CS. Perhaps later in the week, if Gov doesnt sucker me into playing through Diablo 2 first..
  • mungomungo April 2010
    I will only reinstall if we can do all the fun things we used to with none of the drama we were used to.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (mungo @ Apr 7 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I will only reinstall if we can do all the fun things we used to with none of the drama we were used to.

I made lemonparty my spray and have been trolling Venezuelan servers, spraying it in places where they have to look at it (camping spots, spawn, etc.). That's some good, clean, drama-less fun.
  • PhilPhil April 2010
    How do you know they are Venezuelan?
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (Phil @ Apr 7 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    How do you know they are Venezuelan?

A bunch of them play with a Vnzln and Vzla tag, and their Steam ID shows they're on a lan. Plus, everyone speaks Spanish ('gay' is apprently Spanish for 'gay'--or maybe for 'super gay').

I have no idea why this lan company has servers hosted in NE US, but it's fun playing with kids with high ping:

• fratersangfratersang April 2010
    battlefield bad company 2..to answer your question
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (fratersang @ Apr 8 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    battlefield bad company 2..to answer your question

Is it a 'game of the week', or will it be something people play for awhile?
  • fratersangfratersang April 2010
    Couldn't tell ya to be honest.

Its had ups and downs, somewhere inbetween when BF2 was really popular, and when it died.
  • PhilPhil April 2010
    I am going to play some CS today. later perhaps.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    The general pub skill level has managed to drop sadly. The assault servers are pathetic. One of the main east coast ones doesn't allow walling!

I went through three awp clips and two deagle clips before I died the first time...

Second 50 were a bit harder...

I went on a like 10-10 streak due to shitty spawns, so at the map change, the ratio was a bit worse...

So after consulting some peeps, I guess esea is the last bastion of hope for 1.6, so I signed up. If anyone else does, let me know.
  • redboneredbone April 2010
    I might be signing up for it once summer comes around, so like 3 weeks.
  • LethaLLethaL April 2010
    i'm already signed up on esea but i stopped paying to beprenium because i got bored of it but if some ppl decide to start playing i'll get prenium again
  • woerwoer April 2010
    lolesea

http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=stats...&id=1661142

check out the # of drops. i joined it live and had the most kills on the team (and i've been shitty as fuck)
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    QUOTE (z @ Apr 19 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lolesea

http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=stats...&id=1661142

check out the # of drops. i joined it live and had the most kills on the team (and i've been shitty as fuck)

Woer Guestbook Entry #1:
    2006, How do you play with no butt? - Cutchins
  • mungomungo April 2010
    Someone not gay (read: lethal, chill, roj) please post/msg me there config file so I don't have to figure this shit out from scratch again.
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    QUOTE (mungo @ Apr 19 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Someone not gay (read: lethal, chill, roj) please post/msg me there config file so I don't have to figure this shit out from scratch again.

Message A-fucking-pproved.
  • woerwoer April 2010

echo "Executing userconfig..."
    echo "Loading custom values..."

#cl_cmdrate 130
    #cl_updaterate 30
    #edited out 2aug06
    cl_cmdrate 101
    cl_updaterate 101
    brightness 5
    gamma 5

cl_rate 9999
    rate 25000
    cl_cmdbackup 2
    ex_interp 0
    net_graphpos 2
    cl_crosshair_color "500"
    cl_crosshair_size "large"
    cl_crosshair_translucent "0"
    cl_weather 0
    cl_minmodels 1
    #13nov05
    cl_showfps 1

bind i +showscores

#oldname "hns| z!" changed to "donut | z!" as of 19oct05
    #name "donut | z!"changed 22 aug06
    #name "sk.woer"

#added 1aug05 because razer mouse, 3sens w/mx510 and changed to 9 25nov05
    #nao (2k10) new winstall ==new sens. actually a bit slower than before. see sens.dem
    sensitivity 3.3

#added 26nov05
    zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1

#added 30sept05
    hud_centerid "1"
    hud_fastswitch "1"
    setinfo "_vgui_menus" "0"
    setinfo "_ah" "0"
    setinfo "dm" "0"
    voice_enable 1
    bind mwheelup "invnext"

echo "Loading Binds..."

//bind
    #edited out buy keys 30jul06
    #bind i "galil;famas"
    #bind o "defuser"
    #bind p "sgren"
    #bind [ "flash"
    #bind ] "hegren"
    #bind \ "awp"
    #bind j "vesthelm;vest"
    #bind k "secammo;secammo;secammo;secammo"
    #bind l "deagle"
    #bind ";" "primammo;primammo;primammo"
    #bind "'" "ak47;m4a1"
    #bind "x" "weapon_smokegrenade"
    #bind "c" "weapon_flashbang"
    #bind "v" "weapon_hegrenade"
    #bind "*" "vest"
    bind e "lastinv;lastinv"
    bind "f" "+voicerecord"
    #bind "n" "buyequip"
    #bind "t" "###stopsound"
    bind "LEFTARROW" "adjust_crosshair;cl_crosshair_translucent 0"
    bind "RIGHTARROW" "impulse 201"
    bind "ALT" "+use"
    bind "F9" "chooseteam"
    bind "INS" "awp"
    bind "PGDN" "primammo"
    #bind "PGUP" "hegren; flash; flash"
    bind "MWHEELDOWN" "+jump"
    bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2"
    #bind "MOUSE3" "say_team /me"
    bind "MOUSE4" "lastinv;lastinv"
    bind "MOUSE5" "+duck"
    bind downarrow "+duck"
    #added 10oct05
    bind "MOUSE5" "lastinv;lastinv"
    #12nov05
    #bind mouse4 "lastinv;lastinv"
    bind f12 "name a; bind tab +showscores"
    #added 30Jul2006
    brightness 5
    gamma 5
    #added 31jul06
    bind mouse4 invnext
    bind l invprev

echo "Loading Aliases..."
    //alias

alias +showscoresimproved "+showscores; net_graph 3"
    alias -showscoresimproved "-showscores; net_graph 0"

alias com "r1"
    alias r1 "radio1; alias com r2"
    alias r2 "radio2; alias com r3"
    alias r3 "radio3; alias com r1"

echo "Loading Alias Binds..."
    //bind alias
    bind TAB "+showscoresimproved"
    bind "z" "com"

echo "Loading Bind Fixes..."
    #bind fixes
    bind x radio1
    bind c radio2
    bind v radio3

bind space +duck

exec cvarlock.cfg

bind t +showscores
    viewsize 120

#added no more cal!
    name z!
    cl_radartype 1

bind t "stopsound"
    bind mouse4 "impulse 201"

#fuck venezuelan foogets
    cl_allowdownload 0
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    QUOTE (z @ Apr 20 2010, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    #fuck venezuelan foogets

And don't fucking fooget it.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 20 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    And don't fucking fooget it.

dem kids love their custom sounds and models. and maps--i replaced all ../cstrike/sound/misc/* (e.g. headshot.wav: "HEADSHOT!!") with one second blank files, so i can cl_allowdownload 1 to get maps i don't have without that bs redownloading. i HATE custom sounds. i probably press t (bound to stopsound) more than w.

one server has a cool tweak, though, where it puts the primary gun on the model's back (with a sling across the chest).
  • LethaLLethaL April 2010

oh noes the big flaming jewbag is gonna make a comeback
  • woerwoer April 2010
    I got banned from one of the Venezuelan servers yesterday, which is my first ban since coming back. A month of play before my first isn't too bad, I guess. I'm not sure why, unless it was because I told some kid to fuck off lol
  • NunesNunes April 2010
    South Americans are notoriously thin-skinned.

FACT.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 21 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    South Americans are notoriously thin-skinned.

FACT.

other facts:

most hate lemonparty
    'gay' is the same in Spanish
    north americans are more likely to ban for it (i got someone banned from suxors assault today when i kept spraying it when the admin wasn't looking and also not dead, and someone said it was the other guy doing it LOL)
  • ScabdatesScabdates April 2010
    maybe i'll start playing since z isn't a faggot
  • woerwoer April 2010
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Apr 29 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    maybe i'll start playing since z isn't a faggot

whatever the case you should start playing again.

Season 6 of esealeague started a few weeks ago, and so far it has been pretty interesting.

COL got raped by TARDS week 1 on d2 (after TARDS got raped by shitty I-7), and it looked like they were in for a bad season, but last night they beat formerly-undefeated EG 16-14 on strike.

COL vs TARDS was hilarious with Rockyte and Ninespot using autotune on their mics.

EG vs. COL was awesome, with COL winning the first 5 on T followed by EG winning the next 10 straight, but COL worked their way to the win.

Devious/ECO is doing really well, even though grt is the awper despite scorpion and medic being better at it.

Underestimated is doing better than I thought they would (hahaha image/sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />) because Rambo didn't look good the first three games (and they only have five on the team so no sub for him), but last night's game he did well, so maybe he's back. That said, they've only really played one good team, Ruins, though that wasn't a close game at 16-7 (on d2)

Broodex is on Ultimax Gaming (viGor) now, but he doesn't seem as consistent as I remember him on meepins. UMX is 1-3. Part of their problem is they cut sLip for mehLer, who is still very consistent but now consistently horrible (they wanted 'experience'). With to0l, tubby, broodex, buskey, and mehler, they should be a dream team, but it's not showing so far.
  • JonobonoJonobono April 2010
    ow man competetive CS. I remember i used to watch the cal-i finals from like 02-05. SK gaming won 2 of them back when they had Heaton and element. I must admit, dying to come home from school everyday, longing to play CS was a lot more fun than WoW ever was.
  • woerwoer April 2010
    sounds like you should start playing again for old time's sake
  • woerwoer May 2010
    a match to whet your appetite

http://esea.net/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=1666238

truls gets 30 in 18 rounds (5k @ last round of first half)
  • BillBill May 2010
    If I saw you on steam I'd come and play... But you're never on steam, so i don't.

• woerwoer May 2010
    QUOTE (Bill @ May 1 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If I saw you on steam I'd come and play... But you're never on steam, so i don't.

yeah i stay logged out, just like aim and facebook chat
  • BillBill May 2010
    Yeah, so that limits how much I'm going to play CS with you pretty severely.
  • woerwoer May 2010
    Just dropped 23 in a pug against sLip (5 kills:2 deaths vs. him specifically, but he got a lucky 1deag). Maybe it was good they cut him :x
  • PhilPhil May 2010
    Its sort of weird how its the same few people playing at a top level for the last...7 years. Sure, a few people make the effort to be that good and that networked. But the learning curve is steep and there really aren't that many new faces...
  • mungomungo May 2010
    QUOTE (Phil @ May 3 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Its sort of weird how its the same few people playing at a top level for the last...7 years. Sure, a few people make the effort to be that good and that networked. But the learning curve is steep and there really aren't that many new faces...

Sucks to be you...never at the top big guy.

Of course, you do look like the shoe bomber http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p...927171_9676.jpg
  • woerwoer May 2010
    QUOTE (Phil @ May 3 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Networking does seem to be a huge part of it. When I spec the matches live, it's mostly ESEA-I kids watching and talking, and though I don't know them and only have started watching the matches recently, it's clear they know each other. Also, it's the same kids watching every time.

I felt like I had traveled back through time when I first signed up for ESEA because as I was going through the I teams, it was all names I used to watch.

I have to think one of the reasons is that unless you know someone who plays CS, there's no reason to start playing. CS will die from lack of new players. It's like all those movies with the premise that women stop having children so that when the humans living then die, it's the end of the race. That said, every server I go to has people from Central and South America playing. It seems like they have only recently found CS, so that has pumped some life back into it. The only problem is they can't play serious against US players due to the ping difference.

The only thing that's changed is shaguar's hairline LOL
  • LethaLLethaL May 2010
    well its mostly esea since cal died, because cevo has been awful lately and esea is the best league organise and skillwise but that might change there is rumours of cal coming back, if you go on the website you can see there is a timer not sure if its a fluke or not i guess we'll see when the time runs out.

Those rumours came from when ppl discoevered the timer on the website, that how i found out about it when i first saw the timer it was at around 90 days remaining at this time but now its down to 48 days i think, soon after apparently some persons which were high placed in cal or persons who were running it before it died said on forums or discussion boards that its gonna make a come back so we'll see what happen, yet there is nothing confirmed and no real proofs
  • woerwoer May 2010
    QUOTE (LethaL @ May 5 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    well its mostly esea since cal died, because cevo has been awful lately and esea is the best league organise and skillwise but that might change there is rumours of cal coming back, if you go on the website you can see there is a timer not sure if its a fluke or not i guess we'll see when the time runs out.

Those rumours came from when ppl discoevered the timer on the website, that how i found out about it when i first saw the timer it was at around 90 days remaining at this time but now its down to 48 days i think, soon after apparently some persons which were high placed in cal or persons who were running it before it died said on forums or discussion boards that its gonna make a come back so we'll see what happen, yet there is nothing confirmed and no real proofs

Doesn't matter if it's back because it's still corrupt http://www.complexitygaming.com/index.php?c=news&id=1704

That said, they said they'd pay anyone prize money they didn't receive, though you have to prove you didn't receive it, which I don't exactly see is possible. edit: link http://www.thecpl.com/
  • NunesNunes May 2010
    QUOTE (z @ May 5 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Doesn't matter if it's back because it's still corrupt http://www.complexitygaming.com/index.php?c=news&id=1704

That said, they said they'd pay anyone prize money they didn't receive, though you have to prove you didn't receive it, which I don't exactly see is possible. edit: link http://www.thecpl.com/

"Instead of talking about paying back prize money that gamers were due, the discussion turned to how we should go about making it clear that we weren't responsible for paying it. I would ask... “But we ARE going to pay it, right?”... “Yeah yeah, sure, we're going to pay it, IF this...and IF that...” and a bunch of other ifs that made it clear that there was no real intention at all to EVER pay it."

most interesting thing I've read all day. And I didn't ever really care about cal/cpl, let alone now.
  • ebolaebola May 2010
    what's your esea account z?
  • woerwoer May 2010
    check your 'buddied' list since you never 'buddied' me but i did you :madface:

http://esea.net/users/196122
  • woerwoer May 2010
    Well, esea-i sucks.

--ATP got merged with A51, who was 0-5 in esea-m but stole pauLy from I-7 and had jame^s calling. They haven't won a game since (their sole win is a forfeit),
    --I-7 has gone inactive.
    --HBK has gone inactive.
    --TARDS is 2-7 and has had two forfeits in the last three games.

...leaving eight teams. Of those,

--UMX hasn't beat a good team.
    --Loaded is 5-5 only because their last two matches were wins due to forfeits.
    --HRG with a record of 4-6 is ranked eighth and hasn't beaten a team ranked higher than them.
    --Col is 6-1 but has only played one good team and only won 16-14. They also lost to TARDS on d2.

...leaving four teams, EG, UE, ECO, and RUINS. Four teams does not make a league.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership