What are some good TV shows?
  • woerwoer June 2010
    Here's what I have (grouped by country of origin then alphabetical)

US
    12 oz. mouse
    30 rock
    alice (miniseries)
    aqua teen hunger force
    archer
    arrested development
    battles bc
    battlestar galactica
    boondocks
    breaking bad
    bullshit
    californication
    caprica
    carl sagan's cosmos
    carnivale
    children of dune (miniseries)
    community
    curb your enthusiasm
    deadwood
    dexter
    dune (miniseries)
    eastbound and down
    entourage
    family guy
    firefly
    flight of the conchords
    freaks and geeks
    fresh prince of bel air
    frisky dingo
    futurama
    generation kill
    good eats
    how its made
    human giant
    hung
    it's always sunny in philadelphia
    justified
    king of the hill
    mad men
    metalocalypse
    moral orel
    mystery science theater 3000
    nip tuck
    nurse jackie
    parks and recreation
    planet earth
    psych
    reaper
    reno 911!
    robot chicken
    rome
    sealab 2021
    seinfeld
    six feet under
    sons of anarchy
    south park
    spartacus
    squidbillies
    starved
    stroker and hoop
    superjail
    the 4400
    the corner (miniseries)
    the drinky crow show
    the league
    the pacific
    the simpsons
    the sopranos
    the tudors
    the wire
    treme
    true blood
    ugly americans
    united states of tara
    v
    weeds
    wonder showzen
    xavier, renegade archangel

UK
    bbc planet earth
    being human
    da ali g show
    jekyll
    look around you
    merlin
    shameless
    skins
    spaced
    the mighty boosh
    torchwood

canada
    corner gas
    trailer park boys

i've also been looking at (from the uk) as time goes by, after you've gone, my family, coronation street, and only fools and horses but haven't decided whether or not to get them yet
  • redboneredbone June 2010
    Lost
    Friday Night Lights
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (redbone @ Jun 5 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Lost
    Friday Night Lights

If I watched and didn't like the first season of Lost, is it worth going on? I like the idea that it's completed, so I'd be willing to give it another try.

never heard of friday night lights; i'll check it out. thanks!
  • coffeecoffee June 2010
    uhh I would drop corner gas from your list as it's not funny. In fact, more appropriate adjectives would include "fucking awful" and "bollocks".

also try Red Shoe Diaries, Twin Peaks, Tales From the Cryptkeepter (cartoon series; fucking awesome), Are you afraid of the dark?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf June 2010
    Castle
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (coffee @ Jun 5 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    uhh I would drop corner gas from your list as it's not funny. In fact, more appropriate adjectives would include "fucking awful" and "bollocks".

also try Red Shoe Diaries, Twin Peaks, Tales From the Cryptkeepter (cartoon series; fucking awesome), Are you afraid of the dark?

good to know about corner gas. i haven't watched it yet, so you saved me some time

i haven't heard of any of the others except are you afraid of the dark, so i'll definitely check all those out

QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Jun 5 2010, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Castle

never heard of it. i'll check it out. thanks!
  • Dr. Who
  • Burn Notice image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
    Some people don't like the show because of Jeffery Donovan, but I love it BECAUSE of him. Its fun.

Cowboy Bebop and Blood+
    Anime. Pretty much take it or leave it.

other than that, you have fabulous taste in tv image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Jun 5 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Burn Notice image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
    Some people don't like the show because of Jeffery Donovan, but I love it BECAUSE of him. Its fun.

Cowboy Bebop and Blood+
    Anime. Pretty much take it or leave it.

other than that, you have fabulous taste in tv image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

burn notice--i've only seen it a couple times, but i disliked the secondary actors more than him. i like a lot of other usa shows, though, so i'll give it a real try. thanks!

cb and blood--i never gave anime a change; i dunno why. i'll give them a download, thanks! i had a friend awhile back recommend bleach. do you like that? is that worth checking out?

i suspect my taste in tv is deceptively fabulous, deceptive because i have so much that everyone sees shows they like themselves image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />. but regardless, thanks for the compliment!
  • ErlingErling June 2010
    Castle: More amazing stuff from Nathan (Mal in Firefly). Great show, good fun. Detective type show, but I like it more than any I've watched really.

Sons of Anarchy: Biker gang show, really interesting lots of plot good characters.

Battlestar: Gallactica: One of the, if not the, best show I've ever watched.

Flash Forward: Canceled sadly as it was starting to pick up.

Justified: Sort of a "cop show" version of Sons of Anarchy.

Stargate SG1: Amazing Sci-Fi show.

Stargate Atlantis: Even more amazing Sci-Fi show.

Stargate Universe: Started off really slow, didn't get great hype but it's really starting to come into its own and looks to turn into a great series.

The Tudors: Really interesting show about King Henry the somethingth. Lots of boobs if you're into that.

V: Eh, good filler show, I haven't really found it too good.

Band of Brothers: If you haven't seen this you really should!

The Pacific: Band of Brothers in the Pacific, I found it lacking (when compared to BoB) but it's worth watching I would say.

Southland: Fake Cops show, pretty interesting. Nothing too amazing here.

Caprica: Telling the story about before Battlestar: Gallactica. I haven't been impressed by it really but it's interesting stuff anyway if you enjoyed BS:G.

Firefly: Would say the second best TV show ever after BS:G. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Californication: Awesome show, just awesome. Tons of boobs since we all like that. David from X-Files really in his prime here if you ask me.
    Arrested Development
    Breaking Bad
    Flight of the Conchords
    Lost
    Scrubs
    The Mighty Boosh.

^ Those are some of the best show's I've watched to date.

Don't go anywhere near coronation street. Seriously don't. Off your UK list Spaced and Shameless are probably the best two shouts. Try watching Spooks too.
  • NunesNunes June 2010
    MacGuyver
    Brisco County Jr.
    River Monsters (with Extreme Angler Jeremy Wade*)

I recommend watching 12 oz mouse immediately and in rapid succession. Likely while intoxicated in some way. It's quick and it's incredible. If you haven't watched it already that is. Completely random by all first appearences, but watch 5 in a row and bam, there's a continuous story emerging. And it's a conspiracy theory in that effed up world.

*If anybody deserves to call themselves Extreme __Job Title__, it's that guy.
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (Erling @ Jun 6 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Castle: More amazing stuff from Nathan (Mal in Firefly). Great show, good fun. Detective type show, but I like it more than any I've watched really.

Sons of Anarchy: Biker gang show, really interesting lots of plot good characters.

Battlestar: Gallactica: One of the, if not the, best show I've ever watched.

Flash Forward: Canceled sadly as it was starting to pick up.

Justified: Sort of a "cop show" version of Sons of Anarchy.

Stargate SG1: Amazing Sci-Fi show.

Stargate Atlantis: Even more amazing Sci-Fi show.

Stargate Universe: Started off really slow, didn't get great hype but it's really starting to come into its own and looks to turn into a great series.

The Tudors: Really interesting show about King Henry the somethingth. Lots of boobs if you're into that.

V: Eh, good filler show, I haven't really found it too good.

Band of Brothers: If you haven't seen this you really should!

The Pacific: Band of Brothers in the Pacific, I found it lacking (when compared to BoB) but it's worth watching I would say.

Southland: Fake Cops show, pretty interesting. Nothing too amazing here.

Caprica: Telling the story about before Battlestar: Gallactica. I haven't been impressed by it really but it's interesting stuff anyway if you enjoyed BS:G.

Firefly: Would say the second best TV show ever after BS:G. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Californication: Awesome show, just awesome. Tons of boobs since we all like that. David from X-Files really in his prime here if you ask me.

sweet, thanks! i keep seeing flash forward on the top tv torrents and was curious about it.

every show you mention that i've seen i agree with your opinion of, so i'll check the rest out for sure. actually one i disagree. i didn't think i'd like caprica better than bg, but i do! i thought it would be more derivative than it is. it is slow sometimes, but it's the first show i actually sat in front of a tv to catch each ep as they debuted in years. the season ended way too early, though (actually i think they split it in half, but that's annoying)

QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Jun 6 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Arrested Development
    Breaking Bad
    Flight of the Conchords
    Lost
    Scrubs
    The Mighty Boosh.

^ Those are some of the best show's I've watched to date.

Don't go anywhere near coronation street. Seriously don't. Off your UK list Spaced and Shameless are probably the best two shouts. Try watching Spooks too.

shameless was the first brit show i watched actually. for some reason i never went past series one, though, so i have some catching up to do.

24 felt too much like alias to me, which is such a ridiculous show i never gave it a chance. i will try marathoning some 24 eps. i'll probably do the same with lost because i never gave that show a chance either (i started it from episode one but went into it thinking it was going to be a show about living on an island after a plane crash, not some scifi thing, and that turned me off).

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 6 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    MacGuyver
    Brisco County Jr.
    River Monsters (with Extreme Angler Jeremy Wade*)

I recommend watching 12 oz mouse immediately and in rapid succession. Likely while intoxicated in some way. It's quick and it's incredible. If you haven't watched it already that is. Completely random by all first appearences, but watch 5 in a row and bam, there's a continuous story emerging. And it's a conspiracy theory in that effed up world.

*If anybody deserves to call themselves Extreme __Job Title__, it's that guy.

lol my brother has all of macguyver but it's like 24gb or 50gb or some shit. it was my favorite show as a kid but i dunno if i could do it again...maybe if i still smoked

never heard of the other two. i'll give them a dl. thanks!
  • And Farscape. Get Farscape.
  • NunesNunes June 2010
    Flash Forward: The main reason I find the Jewel Stait to be a complete knockout.
  • vegitotgkvegitotgk June 2010
    Bones and Royal Pains are two of my favorite tv shows you seem to be missing. and shout out to Aussie Witch for mentioning Burn Notice. also a good show
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership