Checking In
  • GachiGachi June 2010
    Well, been gone a little over a month and a half. Afghanistan is kind of boring but not too bad. I went out on a convoy the other day and got to see outside the wire, and got some photos too. The culture here amazes me with what I see. So much better to see it in person than in pictures in a book.

Just wanted to say hi, that's all! Hope everyone is having a good time. Ill check back another time too.
  • redboneredbone June 2010
    Glad to hear things are going well, remember to watch out for people with aimbot installed
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf June 2010
    Hey, good to hear from ya. Glad to see you are O.K. and hope you have a relatively un-eventful tour. Save them pix, or post some here if you are permitted.
  • NunesNunes June 2010
    Boring is good.
  • JonobonoJonobono June 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 24 2010, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Boring is good.

QFT. But seriously. Do us proud and dolphin dive a couple of insurgants for us. That, or order car/supply drops on top of snipers..
  • GachiGachi June 2010
    Well, not much else going on here. The past week I've spent 4 hours a night being a Guard in our detainee facility. I think we have 2 actual Taliban in there, but what do I know, I'm just a guard.

My Sgt told me to start preparing for the Meritorious Promotion board. That's where you compete with other Marines to be promoted to Corporal earlier than I would for Time in Grade. If I don't make it past the board, I should be a Corporal come October anyways, but it's an honor to know my hard work is recognized!
  • NunesNunes June 2010
    Rad.

How long til you're general. I hear there's an opening.

image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • GachiGachi July 2010
    Well, another month down, only 4 more roughly to go. What's going on with everyone back in the states. I truly miss all our FD LanBQ gatherings we had back then. If I come back to PA in 3 years, maybe we can get some of us together for drinks or dinner or something.

Life out here is the same. Going to be doing some Guard Force stuff for the next month, including foot patrols and guarding the base. Interesting, maybe... We'll see.
  • dandan July 2010
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Jul 31 2010, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, another month down, only 4 more roughly to go. What's going on with everyone back in the states. I truly miss all our FD LanBQ gatherings we had back then. If I come back to PA in 3 years, maybe we can get some of us together for drinks or dinner or something.

Life out here is the same. Going to be doing some Guard Force stuff for the next month, including foot patrols and guarding the base. Interesting, maybe... We'll see.

Hell yes. I'm always down for anything involving alcohol.

I'm glad to hear you're still doing well. Stay safe, Matt!

-dan
  • BillBill July 2010
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Jul 31 2010, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will be happy to know you didn't miss anything this summer then... Because someone dropped the ball during the initial planning phase.

Keep your head down.

Bill
  • PheylanPheylan July 2010
    Its true. Despite our best insisting, Court didn't follow through. Blame him.
  • BrianBrian July 2010
    I blame all of you. I wanted another state-side drive for a lanbq you buggers, that was good times.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership