How do I tell a neighbor politely to fuck off?
  • woerwoer June 2010
    The lady living across the hall had her phone service go out because she doesn't pay bills, and something like every other day for the last two weeks, she's come to use my cell. I probably wouldn't mind as much if she didn't always knock when I'm sleeping and follow up every hour until I open the door. I've told her that I was, and she just apologized and has kept at it. I was warned awhile ago by a different neighbor that she's always trying to borrow money without paying it back (and she's asked me a few times), so she's that type of person.

What's the best way to tell her enough is enough? Thanks
  • coffeecoffee June 2010
    bang her, then tell her you'll call her
  • AlfyAlfy June 2010
    Always answer the door naked.
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (coffee @ Jun 30 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    bang her, then tell her you'll call her

LOL she's super ugly and in her late 40s or 50s

QUOTE (Alfy @ Jun 30 2010, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Always answer the door naked.

LOL i might have to do this
  • Next time she knocks, slide an ad for Boost Mobile under your door with a smiley face sticker on it.

If she can't take the hint, do the naked thing.
  • redboneredbone June 2010
    I fully support all posted suggestions.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 June 2010
    Tell her you don't have your phone anymore.
  • BillBill June 2010
    Well. I could come and stay for a long weekend and I'm sure the situation would resolve itself.
  • woerwoer June 2010
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Jun 30 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Next time she knocks, slide an ad for Boost Mobile under your door with a smiley face sticker on it.

If she can't take the hint, do the naked thing.

lol good idea!

QUOTE (Zer0^ @ Jun 30 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Tell her you don't have your phone anymore.

this is so obviously a solution i am sad i didn't think of it. thanks!

QUOTE (Bill @ Jun 30 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well. I could come and stay for a long weekend and I'm sure the situation would resolve itself.

i'm done with school in a month then have a whole month of nothing. you need to come then or me there. there's plenty of room here though i only have one bed (and no hammock)
  • BillBill June 2010
    Ah, I have a hammock, and my girlfriend tolerates my weird friends really well, so if you want to take the trip and don't mind sleeping on a hammock, you're more than welcome to come chill here for a few days. I have every friday off from next weekend until september, so let me know what dates are good for you and we'll figure out what's up.

Bill
  • PheylanPheylan July 2010
    Answer the door:

"I'm a shitbag and let my phone service get canceled. If I wasn't such a deadbeat I'd have the money to get it activated again. Sorry, but until I stop being a drain on society I won't have a phone you can use anymore."

Close the door.
  • "Please fuck off"

• NunesNunes July 2010
    Edit: Fuck off, please. Would you like some tea?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf July 2010
    "I'm sorry but a dingo ate my phone... and my baby."
  • woerwoer July 2010
    QUOTE (Bill @ Jun 30 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ah, I have a hammock, and my girlfriend tolerates my weird friends really well, so if you want to take the trip and don't mind sleeping on a hammock, you're more than welcome to come chill here for a few days. I have every friday off from next weekend until september, so let me know what dates are good for you and we'll figure out what's up.

Bill

lol i know you do; that's why i mentioned it

QUOTE (Pheylan @ Jul 1 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Answer the door:

"I'm a shitbag and let my phone service get canceled. If I wasn't such a deadbeat I'd have the money to get it activated again. Sorry, but until I stop being a drain on society I won't have a phone you can use anymore."

Close the door.

hahaha too good. i will do this

QUOTE (Hexenwulf @ Jul 1 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "I'm sorry but a dingo ate my phone... and my baby."

must not watch through every episode of seinfeld again.....

she woke me up again today but in her defense it was 3pm....just bad timing really
  • BillBill July 2010
    QUOTE (z @ Jul 1 2010, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lol i know you do; that's why i mentioned it

Yeah, I figured. Now if you'd just make yourself a littler easier to fucking get in touch with we'd be able to figure out when you can see it first hand. In my old age I've grown less excited about sleeping on floors, so it's probably better you come here.

Bill
  • RojRoj July 2010
    I had my neighbor do this to me. I gave him one of the dozens of prepaid phones I have that had $4 left on it and told him to just refill it and we can call it even. He came back two days later and wanted to use another one. At that point I told him that I gave him one to use that that he should use that one. He didn't like that answer, he got an attitude, so I closed the door on him. He physically kicked my door and dented it. I called the police and the landlord. He was evicted that same day. Apparently he didn't pay his rent and was 3 weeks past due, and didn't have a job. Classy.

Just tell her that you are the one that pays the bill and that she has used your kindness beyond your limits and that she needs to either pay her bill or find someone else that is willing to do it. If she keeps on it, say that you've gone over your limit that month because of her use and that, if anything, you should be asking HER for money to cover the overage charges ($.50/min). That may shut her up.
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    Leave a passive aggressive note by the mail boxes.
  • vuvuzela is the answer to everything in life.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership