CS Server Rates Question
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    I figure this is the best place to ask since most of you are old fags. Do server hosts let you change the maxupdaterate? I see most at 30. I'm about to have the keys to r3s1n handed over to me so I was wondering if I can put it to something like 60. I'm willing to do anything to make reg better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-b1lly
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    Anyone?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf July 2010
    Don't really have an answer for you. However I saw that you said "I'm willing to do anything to make reg better".

ANYTHING? Too bad your not my type.
  • dandan July 2010
    you're*

-dan
    QUOTE (dan @ Jul 16 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you're*

-dan

Sorry.

Was in a hurry.

Bite me.
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    Worthless!
    I am sorry Billy but I have no idea what a good rate setting would be. Have you tried a search on google? I am sure someone out there has put the information out there. It would also be possible that your settings would be server specific. You may have to adjust them on the fly to find the optimum setting. Not much help I admit but it's the best I got.
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    I accept your apology. Make it up to me by playing in r3s1n! image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • LethaLLethaL July 2010
    billy the server you see at 30 if i am correct are the server you are on and then you type in your console sv_maxupdaterate and then it gives you 30 but this information is false because the 30 is the value of your computer as if you were doing a listen server aka a lan server, to really know a server max updaterate you need to have access to the server, not sure which kind of access probably rcon or something that whats i've been reading when i made searches about it.

as far as changing it, from what i read you need rcon to know exactly the value of sv_maxupdaterate, you should be able to change it via rcon, one usefull commands you might want to know is rcon stats
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Jul 18 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    billy the server you see at 30 if i am correct are the server you are on and then you type in your console sv_maxupdaterate and then it gives you 30 but this information is false because the 30 is the value of your computer as if you were doing a listen server aka a lan server, to really know a server max updaterate you need to have access to the server, not sure which kind of access probably rcon or something that whats i've been reading when i made searches about it.

as far as changing it, from what i read you need rcon to know exactly the value of sv_maxupdaterate, you should be able to change it via rcon, one usefull commands you might want to know is rcon stats

I've tried "amx_rcon sv_maxupdaterate 60" on THC's servers and it still sticks as 30.
  • LethaLLethaL July 2010
    QUOTE (b1lly @ Jul 19 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've tried "amx_rcon sv_maxupdaterate 60" on THC's servers and it still sticks as 30.

i would be surprised if you used the correct command, i am not sure of the exact command each time i try to search for it they say only sv_maxupdaterate, it might be considered as a cvar, after you changed it you need to restart the server and/or map

i don't know how your amx_rcon command came from each time i used rcon before the comand was rcon command without amx

one thing you could do also to have better reg is uninstall unecessary mods from the server, i remember when i had admins there was uneeded mods that none were using, in my opinion any mods beside the basic amx to kick ban etc is all you need
  • AlfyAlfy July 2010
    People still play Counter-Strike?
  • b1llyb1lly August 2010
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Jul 19 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i would be surprised if you used the correct command, i am not sure of the exact command each time i try to search for it they say only sv_maxupdaterate, it might be considered as a cvar, after you changed it you need to restart the server and/or map

i don't know how your amx_rcon command came from each time i used rcon before the comand was rcon command without amx

one thing you could do also to have better reg is uninstall unecessary mods from the server, i remember when i had admins there was uneeded mods that none were using, in my opinion any mods beside the basic amx to kick ban etc is all you need

Amx_rcon is the same thing as rcon without giving the rcon password out to people.

I'm 99% sure that the command it correct. When I did it on a locally hosted dedicated server, it worked fine. I'm assuming the server hosts are blocking it.
  • b1llyb1lly August 2010
    I feel like you still don't believe me Lethal. So, I'm going to quote a post you made 2 years ago.

competitive players play on high quality boosted server so why would they play with updaterate so low, so your point make no sense

All you need to know is on this page : http://www.csgoodies.com/guides/62-rates--...ith-minimal-lag

sv_maxupdaterate : Sets the maximum number of packets the server can send per second to a client. Now the correct setting for this is totally dependant on the servers bandwidth. If the server is on a really good network then use sv_maxupdaterate 101 otherwise use the default which is sv_maxupdaterate 60.
    Recommended Setting : Set according to available server bandwidth
    Ideal Setting : sv_maxupdaterate 101
    Usage : Server Operators / Server Admins

http://www.gotnuttin.com/forums/index.php?...ic=153&st=0

image image
  • BrianBrian August 2010
    IIRC client side updaterate was always 101. Update usually wound up at like 60 on your average server. cmdrate was what you edited for better reg.

And to think I used to be l33t. Never knew server side crap though.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership