dont upgrade to vlc 1.1.0
  • woerwoer July 2010
    The new version has the awesome feature of using your GPU for processing instead of your CPU so that super hd stuff doesn't rape your CPU anymore, but it is full of bugs.

--When I open CS, it crashes.
    --When full screen, when it moves to another item on the playlist, it doesn't stay maximized (adds a window title border to the top and part of the start bar shows up)
    --When not fullscreen, it doesn't resize the window so that the next file on the playlist opens at its true resolution if not maximized
    --It won't disable the screensaver when the option is on (though I had this problem in other releases, too).

do yourself a favor and wait for 1.1.1
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    I prefer klite mega with media player classic.
  • GovernorGovernor July 2010
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • jkarate212jkarate212 July 2010
    Good to know, thx
  • NunesNunes July 2010
    QUOTE (b1lly @ Jul 11 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I prefer klite mega with media player classic.

VLC, while not the most stable platform in the universe, plays EVERYTHING. I think I've found one exception and that's streaming realmedia files.

If you don't have a certain codec, VLC is extremely nice to have around. But yeah, I prefer to codec-up and use MPC/WMP myself.

/Frankly, I don't believe these bugs would effect me though.
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Jul 12 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    VLC, while not the most stable platform in the universe, plays EVERYTHING. I think I've found one exception and that's streaming realmedia files.

If you don't have a certain codec, VLC is extremely nice to have around. But yeah, I prefer to codec-up and use MPC/WMP myself.

/Frankly, I don't believe these bugs would effect me though.

MPC with klite mega plays everything too. I don't like VLC because you can't seek with .flv's.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership