Macbook Pro 15"
  • mungomungo July 2010
    Where should I buy one? Apple have the best (/worst) prices?
  • GovernorGovernor July 2010
    Buy it from the apple store, and get the apple care (it is generally much cheaper when purchased with a new machine). Apple isn't really going to let anyone undersell them, so most of the "cheaper" alternatives are actually just last-generation models.
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    Excellent choice. My college roommate had one. I think they tend to overheat pretty badly though. Keep it on a surface that conducts heat well.
  • BrianBrian July 2010
    Honestly, I wish I got one instead of my asus. Laptops should not be purchased for gaming.
    The macbook pro is the best laptop ever made, plain and simple. It has the best screen, the best design, good quality parts, runs os x (which is a vastly superior operating system for laptop use), the most amazing trackpad ever created, etc. etc.

I recently switched my desktop from a mac to a pc, and I am pretty happy that I did (although ubuntu is going on here soon; this windows crap just isn't cutting it), but I can't imagine giving up my mac laptop. It is just... so damn good.
  • mungomungo July 2010
    What am I hearing about lack of msoffice functionality? Specifically Excel? Any truth to this?
  • dandan July 2010
    Open Office ftw.

-dan
    I have no idea about MSOffice functionality. I haven't used MSOffice since 2003. Sorry :-/
  • b1llyb1lly July 2010
    Mac OS has had it's own version of MS Office for a long time now. No issues.
  • mungomungo July 2010
    Purchased the 15" 2.53ghz

Now, anything I should know? Setups, tweaks, etc etc etc
    Get used to column view; it is dramatically more efficient than the other views once you get used to it. Plus, it allows you to surf your entire computer with your arrow keys.

cmd + o: opens the currently selected app
    cmd + q: quits a program
    cmd + w: closes a tab or window
    cmd + shift + <key>: generally means the opposite of cmd + <key>
  • mungomungo July 2010
    Do you guys use anything for mac/pc to remove duplicate songs in itunes?
  • NunesNunes July 2010
    What is this "eye ... toons" you speak of?

On PC I've been using WinAmp for years now. idk about iTunes, but duplicate songs don't matter when you can search your 35000 song playlist in <5 seconds.
  • AlfyAlfy July 2010
    iDupe is good from what I have been reading. How many duplicates are you talking about? 10? 100? 1000?
  • PheylanPheylan July 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Jul 22 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What is this "eye ... toons" you speak of?

On PC I've been using WinAmp for years now. idk about iTunes, but duplicate songs don't matter when you can search your 35000 song playlist in <5 seconds.

I couldn't stand that. I've reduced my library from 30,000 down to 23,500 songs just removing all the duplicates. It really bothers me to not have my library organized. Every song has the correct artist and title, spelled correctly and with correct capitalization and punctuation. A good majority has the correct album and album art, and I'm working on getting that higher. Now I just wish I had a 100 gig iPod touch.
  • mungomungo July 2010
    Phey....ftp that shizzie!!!

Alfy, I ended up using iDupe, took my library from 20k to 16.5k. And it gave me the option to delete the files off my HD. Sweet deal, very sexy.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership