• ErlingErling September 2010
    Anyone planning on picking this up?
  • KPKP September 2010
    While I am getting back into gaming a bit, TF2 and SC2 take up most of that time and if I try to add a third as addicting as I remember Civ1-3 being, then I would have no life whatsoever.

So that's a no. But please let me know how it is.
  • KPKP September 2010
    That being said...I am intrigued and am d/l the demo now.
    No more stacks of doom is making combat and war only about 1 billion times more fun.
  • BillBill September 2010
    I am downloading on steam as I type this.
  • KPKP September 2010
    Played the demo. If it didn't stop me I would probably would have kept playing all night.

I will wait for xmas when it goes half off on Steam and waste some xmas time with the game.

...maybe I should buy Civ4 in the time being for 20.00...cause now I kinda want to play Civ
  • NunesNunes September 2010
    And when at last it is time for the transition from megacorporation to planetary government, from entrepreneur to emperor, it is then that the true genius of our strategy shall become apparent, for energy is the lifeblood of this society and when the chips are down he who controls the energy supply controls Planet. In former times the energy monopoly was called "The Power Company"; we intend to give this name an entirely new meaning.

* CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Alpha Centauri was quite excellent as well.
  • KPKP September 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Sep 23 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    And when at last it is time for the transition from megacorporation to planetary government, from entrepreneur to emperor, it is then that the true genius of our strategy shall become apparent, for energy is the lifeblood of this society and when the chips are down he who controls the energy supply controls Planet. In former times the energy monopoly was called "The Power Company"; we intend to give this name an entirely new meaning.

* CEO Nwabudike Morgan

I got that game but never really played it much.

It was very depressing to me.
    KP I was thinking of doing the same when I was waiting for Civ5 but honestly Civ5 is so different from 4 in so many good ways I couldn't even bother booting it up (it's installed already). Just the ONE thing that only one military unit can be on a hex at a time makes the game a zillion times better. War is actually thought provoking and requires strategy (well, it would if my first game I wasn't playing on one of the easier settings).

loveitloveitloveitloveit
  • NunesNunes September 2010
    QUOTE (KarmaPolice @ Sep 23 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got that game but never really played it much.

It was very depressing to me.

Probably more depressing these days than it was in 2001 or whenever it was that it was out.
  • ErlingErling October 2010
    Everyone should be buying and playing this game.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf October 2010
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Sep 23 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

* CEO Nwabudike Morgan

He who controls the Spice, controls the Universe!

* The Baron Vladmir Harkonnen
  • ErlingErling October 2010
    Mmm, Dune.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership