Forbidden Donut Starcraft 2 Tournament I
  • GovernorGovernor January 2011
    We're hosting the first "official" FD Starcraft 2 tournament this upcoming Wednesday:

Date: 2011-01-05
    Time: 7:30pm EST
    Type: Double elimination, best of 1
    Teams: 8

All skill levels are welcome. By referee decision, the favored side of hugely unbalanced match-ups in the winner bracket must play an off-race.

Since we're trying to keep this to one night, the players will be strictly capped at 8. Our last tournament was in the same format with 6 players, and it ended up lasting close to five hours. To avoid that, multiple matches will be played at once, especially in the earlier rounds.

Time permitting, the final match will be best of 3. Participants and non-participants alike are free to observe any matches.

For the sake of organizing the matches, the ongoing use of mumble throughout the night is required. Contact me if you need details for this.

The last tournament was a ton of fun for everyone involved, and some of the most fun was had while chatting on mumble and observing other games. I hope we see some different faces this time as well!
  • jimmah7jimmah7 January 2011
    I'm definitely there
    QUOTE (Jimmah7 @ Jan 2 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm definitely there

Register and sign up on the tournament site image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edit: Since we're running matches simultaneously, I won't be able to report every match. As such, I want everyone to actually sign up individually, so that they can report their own matches.
  • dandan January 2011
    I'm in! I can't wait to get destroyed by Kurt and Court.

-dan
    Three slots left!
  • gsusegsuse January 2011
    I'm in for sure, Court, confirm my presence in the tourny. lol
    We're transitioning to another tournament site, so the participant list isn't entirely up to date, but we have 7 people signed up! That means there is only one slot remaining, so if you're interested in playing, get registered now.
  • cutchinscutchins January 2011
    /done
  • PheylanPheylan January 2011
    I'd be interested in watching, but I won't be a participant (even if there are/were spots left).
    Korangar had to bail due to a prior engagement, so there is now a slot available if anyone else is interested!

Signup: http://fd.challonge.com/tournament/signup/wfavju4b2f

Rob, you should definitely play if you're going to be around. The participating skill levels vary significantly, so even if you haven't played in awhile, you'll probably still have a good time. Garret took third in the last tournament, and he hadn't played in more than a month. If you really do not want to play, you are always welcome to observe, though. Just show up on mumble!
    7:30 tonight, fellas! Just a quick reminder.
  • KurtKurt January 2011
    Excited!
  • ErlingErling January 2011
    I'll come play if having an uneven amount of people wont mess things up. ;p
    We're full. Should be a fun time!
    Thanks for playing guys! We'll have to organize another one soon.
  • dandan January 2011
    Very good games, everyone. Can't wait for the next one.

-dan
  • ErlingErling January 2011
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership