Games of 2011?
  • intensiveintensive February 2011
    Long time guys... been busy myself with one of those real life jobs, haha.

I've been seriously trying to find a good game to get into, with very little success.

Saw some good ones coming out this year though. You guys going to play any of these?

Crysis 2
    Dragon Age 2
    SWOR (assuming its not pushed back again)
    Rift
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    Diablo 3
  • GovernorGovernor February 2011
    I will definitely be playing Diablo 3. I can say with some confidence that I won't be playing any of the others, though.
  • KPKP February 2011
    Pretty much the same. Diablo3 I will be buying the day it comes out and it will be awesome. Rift I don't know anything about so I might read about it quick, but the other games I don't really have any interest in.
  • ErlingErling February 2011
    Diablo III!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Maybe ES.
  • LethaLLethaL February 2011
    You could try Dungeon Siege 3, i really liked the second one, i am in my third playthrough of the game, if you like diablo type games then i would not be surprised if you like dungeon siege
  • BlackLightBlackLight February 2011
    getting a woody just thinking of elder scrolls V
  • NunesNunes February 2011
    D3. Skyrim.

Working to pay for the computer to play Skyrim.

Trying to move up at work to get the job that will be capable of acquiring adequate sums of money to purchase a computer that can play Skyrim.

Just applied for an R&D position. Wish me luck?
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof February 2011
    You mentioned a bunch of good games. I tried the Rift BETA and I liked it... honestly though it's a huge rip off of WoW... but what isn't. The Star Wars MMO is the one I'm really looking forward too. Diablo 3 and Elder Scrolls V are solid though.
  • PheylanPheylan February 2011
    I would give Rift a try as a group if there are others interested. I checked it out last night and it looks interesting enough.
    QUOTE (Andrew @ Feb 8 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    D3. Skyrim.

I stand corrected. image/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
    something something chickens something about hatching...

But I checked out the Crysis 2 demo [on console (XBorx)] and it looks pretty excellent... I'm hoping the computer I build to play Skyrim is futuristic enough to handle it. In which case I'm taking a dive back into multiplayer gaming in general and'll be happy to join y'all in whatever you're playing.

After I deify myself in Skyrim of course.
    I would expect them to still release a game in 2011. If not D3 then I would expect the next SC2 to come out before the end of the year.

I know this is not the greatest example, but with the Original SC being released, it's expansion came out only 8 months later. With WC3, the release was 2 days short of a year for the expansion. It think this will work differently then the WoW expansions, because it is quicker to play through a SC game in its entirety then it is through WoW. I would expect the first SC2 expansion a year or so after the first part was released, so maybe around September of 2011 (About 14 months apart).

Of course that's just my opinion based on how they have worked in the past. I think the expansions for a RTS have to be more frequent then that article projected because the game can't keep the large audience nearly as long as a mmorpg.
    It seems I stand corrected again.

I should not hang on every word of gaming news with baited breath.

These fuckers *consume* lies for sustenance.
    I just downloaded the Rift open beta. Gonna be giving it a try this afternoon after work if anyone wants to give it a go.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 16 2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I just downloaded the Rift open beta. Gonna be giving it a try this afternoon after work if anyone wants to give it a go.

I have it as well, I'm on the Belmont PvP server. Cheezypoof is the name
    I'm in Keenblade. If you plan on getting the game when it's released, let me know. I'll coordinate with you on a server.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 17 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm in Keenblade. If you plan on getting the game when it's released, let me know. I'll coordinate with you on a server.

Myself and about 6-10 others that I work with/know are going to play on release. I think they want to do a PvP RP server
    Oh, I'm not sure that I can handle a RP server, but I might give it a go. Never tried it before. Maybe I'll RP a mute.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 17 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh, I'm not sure that I can handle a RP server, but I might give it a go. Never tried it before. Maybe I'll RP a mute.

yeah I dont know what the RP entails... but I'm sure it could make for a good laugh at the very least.
    Well. Headstart begins tomorrow at 1 EST. Any clue what server yall plan on using? If not, I'll likely just jump on a random PvE server. Are any of your group doing the headstart?
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 23 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well. Headstart begins tomorrow at 1 EST. Any clue what server yall plan on using? If not, I'll likely just jump on a random PvE server. Are any of your group doing the headstart?

I think the majority of us are doing the headstart. I'm supposed to get a text tomorrow with the server name. I'll post on here as soon as I have the info. you might as well start a PvE as well... since that'll be totally diff than the PvP RP
  • maliskmalisk February 2011
    No one playing black ops?
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 23 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sunrest server... Guardian
    Hmmm Horrendous Queues. Trying one of the shorter waits, Deepwood, PvE.
    Hope I'm not catching you late... all I did was log on at 1 to make a char... the wait was terrible as you said so I guess we bailed to Faemist server
    if you do join the server... i have a very creative name... John
  • JonobonoJonobono February 2011
    Andrew saw this brand spankin' new trailer for Skyrim:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1437/ar...ailer-revealed/

yeah. /nerdgasm. brb...
    A bottle of wine and 16 levels later....good times.
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Feb 25 2011, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    A bottle of wine and 16 levels later....good times.

lol damn, I didn't play a long time, only level 8
    Hit 20 today. Much smoother the second time around as far as getting things done and knowing what to level, even playing something different this time. Got to 27 in the beta. Still enjoying it quite a bit though.
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf February 2011
    This looks promising. Have not played an Elder since the first one. Don't have as much free time now though.
  • BlackLightBlackLight February 2011
    you know what game looks sick? fucking zombies that's what

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/16/dead-...ncement-trailer

best trailer i've ever seen
  • JonobonoJonobono February 2011
    That was totally bizarre blacklight. But i'm sure i'd give something like that a try.

*add: So i didn't turn the trailer off when i posted this, and I heard the same music with singing added. Someone made a parody that commentates, sarcasically, what occurs in the trailer. I was laughing out loud. I think it is called the "Literal Trailer"
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership