• fratersangfratersang August 2011
    my only disappointment is that this isn't really new, just similar to how condition zero was for the original counterstrike
  • NunesNunes August 2011
    It looks ... like TF2. And this scares me. Are there hats? I must know!

I heard they had some of the seasoned pros from around the scene play-test it. And that they took some advice to heart, which is reassuring. And some screens are coming out! I look forward to playing gun-game in yet another engine.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2011
    Have they dramatically changed the way TF2 looks? It doesn't look anything like the TF2 I've played...
  • fratersangfratersang September 2011
    yeah, wonder what nunes was smoking?
  • KPKP September 2011
    Actually I think we all know what nunes was smoking
  • cutchinscutchins September 2011
    hahaha
  • NunesNunes September 2011
    By which I didn't mean 'has the same aesthetic' but rather 'has all the trappings of a micropayment freight train'. Cross-Platform play (though 360 currently remains outside the list), the near simultaneous release of the new "trading" mechanic and announcement for GO, the emphasis on constant updates directly from Gabe's mouth...

It just has the stink of TF2 all over it. A beautiful, competitive sandbox which people adore for all the right reasons becoming a clunky, marketing sandbox for valve. It's going to be amazing. I will get it. I will play it as stated above. I will not wear their silly hats, nor will I continue to play a game that becomes broken, if that ends up being the case. (though in the case of GO I think they can't get away with the level of fuckery they did in TF2, simply because of the nature of the community)

Idk. I was smoking cynicism and vaguery. But in case you were wondering I think CS GO looks gorgeous. If it even remotely works like CS, which they've gone to painstaking lengths to accomplish, then it will sell like hotcakes.
  • GovernorGovernor September 2011
    I think those are all fair concerns given the history of valve and tf2. I guess we'll see how it goes.
  • redboneredbone September 2011
    So i'm going to MLG Orlando in October, primarily to watch SC2, but word on the street is that they still play 1.6, not even source at these tournaments.

Even though I recently have been more into source than 1.6, I do not think that this bodes well for any up and coming renditions of the game.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership