more updating issues
  • monkmonk November 2007
    I tried to resolve this on the steam forums, of course that was useless haha. Ive been playing CS all the time lately then just all the sudden, about 3 days ago, when i opened steam a little steam update window popped up and progressed to about 26%, then just stopped and closed out, steam and everything, like nothing ever happened. I tried to run steam again, same thing. Reboot, same thing. Uninstalled steam, deleted the blob file thing (as suggested by a steam forum user in a stickied FAQ to address general steam update/connection issues) restarted,reinstalled,restarted, and still the same thing. I can't find where steam officially addresses this issue anywhere, so I filled out the help question form for them and im still waiting on an answer for that, who knows for how long. In the meantime has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas why?
  • romerashromerash November 2007
    steam will never open if you are DMZed (at least that's how i fixed it by disabling dmz :/), check your router settings?
  • monkmonk November 2007
    I don't know/understand that image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, however i am connected directly to my modem, no longer going through router like usual. (note I was still able to play cs/use steam plenty of times with my router directly connected to pc)
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    It took about 1 week or 2 for them to reply to me if I remember well.
  • fratersangfratersang November 2007
    tryin to help you on aim and you up and disconnect.....jackass
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership