Old school DotAs
  • KaisaraKaisara November 2007
    I don't know how long any of you have been playing DotA's, but I have been playing for a long time.
    Just curious if anyone else remembers a few amazing game mess ups:
    The Evoker was probably the most amazing hero ever.. I think that was in like 6.12 or something, he had a potential of 27 unique spells with plenty that were amazingly imba. The Meteor spell was so epic, if anyone remembers.
    Anyone remember the Gambler? He had some awesome tricks... one shotting roshan was always a treat, and even when they fixed that you could always just have the techies on your team and Ante Up on them and watch them explode all over kids for epic cash. Me and a couple friends did this so many times, we would have Techies and gambler rack up the cash, and then feed another hero like Troll warlord or Juggernaut. It was epix.
    Also, it was great when there were random hidden items on the map that had no purpose, like there was the Atma Weapon up by the Scourage base that just made your hand glow (I used to take it every single game.) and random letters, like one in the pit behind the big sentenal neutral creep spawn near the secret shop, and in trees randomly.
    Man, good ol' DotA.
    Anyone else remember these or have any more amazing DotA memories?
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2007
    6.27b is my oldest map.

Edit: I found the DotA map that I downloaded with a script pack: v5.82!
  • romerashromerash November 2007
    first of all, he's called invoker not evoker image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

I've started playing when 5.75 was released, i remember charming roshan (the lvl 25 one that was impossible to solo) and pushing towers with his timed life image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

Also ogre magi who had a 100% chance to multicast

old silencer that could chain heal

old faceless void who was extremely useless

Icefrog removing techies when he released the invoker because he wanted to remake techies, but then he just put him back

Old invulnerable frog that you could charm, and put it by one of the enemy base towers and make it aggro 60 billion creeps, then go in as ES and ult

Back when you could blink as pudge, blink into trees then hook was so much fun. Then people used VS to blink into teres then swap pudge which is why they removed blink from her too image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Good old lion's ult that would make wc3 crash

Also items recipes didn't have icons, it was painful to learn those items at the beginning.

back when potions were way more desired than tangoes

super old terrains
    Can't remember any more

edit: also you could sacrifice other people's chicken as lich, was so epic taking that radiance in someone's chicken

Also skeleton king's ult used to cost NO mana, was so OP (As if it isnt now)

I could blink as AM/qop/sa/mortred into the water in south east of the map, then just blink out and gank someone

First version of avernus's second ability was epic, you had alot of IAS, but you lose control over your hero until this hero dies or goes in the shadows, was so fun kiting someone to the fountain and watch him die. Too bad it was removed

-CTF mode

Ursa was called fuzzy wuzzy

in one of the versions, sven was called arnold swarchenegger
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership