I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever November 2007
    I thought it would be a good idea to pull interesting quotes from movies and post them here.

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise" - Fight club

edit: didn't mean to put the apostrophe in quotes in the subtitle.
  • scrubblescrubble November 2007
    "I think you do. So this is what I'll offer - you bring me the money and I'll let her go. Otherwise she's accountable, same as you. That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

-No Country for Old Men
  • coffeecoffee November 2007
    "dont disturb my friend, he's dead tired" - john matrix, commando

• fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    "I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?" - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho
  • dandan November 2007
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -The Princess Bride

Best movie ever.

-dan
  • jump3rjump3r November 2007
    "Stay calm, okay? Let's not lose our heads. It's... it's a fine ID; it'll... it's gonna work. It's passable, okay? This isn't terrible. I mean, it's up to you, Fogell. This guy is either gonna think 'Here's another kid with a fake ID' or 'Here's McLovin, a 25 year-old Hawaiian organ donor'. Okay? So what's it gonna be?"

Do I even have to say where it's from?

Evan from Superbad, loser.
  • JAmmYJAmmY November 2007
    "Don't act like you're not impressed..." -Ron Burgandy, Anchorman

"You stay classy, San Diego." -Ron Burgandy, Anchorman
  • dandan November 2007
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Nov 24 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "Don't act like you're not impressed..." -Ron Burgandy, Anchorman

"You stay classy, San Diego." -Ron Burgandy, Anchorman

If you're going to quote Anchorman, at least bust out the

"Go fuck yourselves, San Diego," or
    "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-dan
    Here is another one from fight club that I like-

“Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.” - Tyler Durden, Fight Club
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2007
    "Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.' Now I've been saying that shit for years, and if you've ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant, I just thought it was a cold blooded thing to say to a mother fucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this morning that made me think twice. Now I'm thinking it could mean you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here is the shepherd, protecting my righteous ass. Or maybe it means that you're the righteous man, and I'm the shepherd, and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that, but you see that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, YOU'RE the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."
    ~Pulp Fiction

"Oh god! I accidentally shot Marvin in the face." ~Pulp Fiction

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    ~Office Space

"I can't believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up "money laundering" in a dictionary. " ~Office Space

"The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie. "
    ~Sin City

"I've been framed for murder and the cops are in on it. But the real enemy, the son of a bitch who killed the angel lying next to me, he's out there somewhere, out of sight, the big missing piece that'll give me the how and the why and a face and a name and a soul to send screaming into hell. "
    ~Sin City

"It wasn't "Stop." Shellie wasn't saying "Stop." If I had waited and listened to her, I would've known. I could've warned the girls to go easy. To settle for scaring them off. Shellie didn't say "Stop," she said "Cop." He's a *cop*. Detective Lieutenant Jack Rafferty. "Iron Jack" the papers call him. A goddamn *hero cop*. "
    ~Sin City

"My warrior woman. My Valkyrie. You'll always be mine, always and never. Never. The Fire, baby. It'll burn us both. It'll kill us both. There's no place in this world for our kind of fire. Always and never. If I have to die for you tonight, I will. "
    ~Sin City

"I take away his weapon. [pauses] Both of them" ~Sin City

...There's a start...
  • JAmmYJAmmY November 2007
    QUOTE (dan @ Nov 24 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If you're going to quote Anchorman, at least bust out the

"Go fuck yourselves, San Diego," or
    "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-dan

I was just keeping it simple...

Also, I WAS going to put the "Go fuck yourselves" one in after the "Stay classy" but obviously that slipped my mind as I was typing it up...

"Ron where are you?"
    "I'm in a glass cage of EMOOTTTIOONNN"

"Brick where'd you get that hand grenade?"
    "I don't know..."

" I love scotch. scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."

"Oh Audrey. I look like hell! I got bags under my eyes. What's that? Well if you were a man, I'd punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. You hear me!? Audrey! Look at me! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright?"
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo November 2007
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein.

"The question arises, therefore, why cannabis is so regularly banned in countries where alcohol is permitted. [...] It may be that we can ban cannabis simply because the people who use it, or would do so, carry little weight in social matters and are relatively easy to control, whereas the alcohol user often carries plenty of weight in social matters and is difficult to control, as the U.S. prohibition era showed. It has yet to be shown, however, that the one is more socially or personally disruptive than the other."

"Rehab is 4 quitters" - On a rehab building.

"A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole." Frank Zappa

"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

"Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system." P.J Ourke

"Reality is a crutch for those who can't handle drugs" Lily Tomlin

"I'm not addicted to cocaine...I just like the way it smells" Richard Pryor
  • ScabdatesScabdates November 2007
    "The last thoughts of Geostigma's death... those remnants will join the lifestream and girdle the planet; choking it; corroding it. What I want, Cloud, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel. Just as Mother did long ago. then one day we'll find a new planet and on it's soil we'll create a shining future."

--Sephiroth, Advent Children

(I would use a quote from AC, wouldn't I?)
  • jimmah7jimmah7 November 2007
    yes yes you would scabs

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. - V for Vendetta
  • PotatoPotato November 2007
    "You've got red on you."
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2007
    "I think I may have poo'd a little." - Mike Rowe
  • NonRootNonRoot November 2007
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Nov 24 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

Where is this from?
    P.J. O'Rourke
  • waterxm04waterxm04 November 2007
    "But there's only 4 bullets and five of us"
    "I'll figure something out "
    *Bang*bang*bang*bang*
    "RRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
    -The mist

This quote does not give anything away FYI (3-5 stars)(4-5 for jumpy moments)
  • At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice, and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.
    -Aldous Huxley, Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Maybe this world is another planet's Hell.
    -Aldous Huxley

We have become too civilized to grasp the obvious. For the truth is very simple. To survive you often have to fight, and to fight you have to dirty yourself. War is evil, and it is often the lesser evil. Those who take the sword perish by the sword, and those who don't take the sword perish by smelly diseases.
    -George Orwell, from "Looking Back on the Spanish War"

I've been reading a lot of essays lately.
  • scrubblescrubble November 2007
    can we post non-movie quotes? if so here are some...

"As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?"

"I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all."

"I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America."

"A democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it."

QUOTE (scrubble @ Nov 26 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    can we post non-movie quotes?

Ya, sure. Movie, Music, and other famous quotes would be nice. If you even want to put some personal quotes put them up too (try not to make them too ridiculous though)
    "Guess what. I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell." Christopher Walken
  • fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    "Next to silence, That which best expresses the inexpressible is music" - Aldous Huxley

• Jeebus%26%2333%3BJeebus! November 2007
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Nov 24 2007, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    ~Office Space

That is so awesome
  • neocronneocron November 2007
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Raoul Duke, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

• ErlingErling November 2007
    Hello, I'm William Shatner... and I'm a Shaman.
    I'm a... conduit, of the ancient forces of nature...
    You're no doubt wondering, 'Hey, Shatner, how do I hurl bolts of lightning?'
    Simple; get World of Warcraft dawg, you can be anyone you want.
    I'm William Shatner... and I'm a Shaman.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html

Half the hilarity is from his body language so you should go watch it.

Shatner for Pres'.
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 29 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html

Half the hilarity is from his body language so you should go watch it.

Shatner for Pres'.

and the other half is from the fact that WoW sucks!
    Who on Earth is this ignoramus?
  • dandan November 2007
    He's the brother of the dumbest man on these forums.

-dan
    QUOTE (dan @ Nov 29 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-dan

pshhh
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton November 2007
    QUOTE (dan @ Nov 29 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-dan

Wow. I'm full of anticipation now... who is it?
  • hexenwulfhexenwulf November 2007
    Outstanding Neocron. Dr. Strangelove is friggin awesome.

"Yes well, that's just the sort of blinkard philistine pig ignorance we've come to expect from you non-creative garbage." - Monty Python - Flying Circus - The architect sketch.

• azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Nov 29 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow. I'm full of anticipation now... who is it?

I wasn't aware that Dan had a brother....
  • dandan November 2007
    WOW WHAT AN UNEXPECTED TURNAROUND! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CAME BACK TO HIT ME IN THE FACE!

-dan

p.s. caps lock, etc.

p.p.s. True Believer is Jedd's brother.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (dan @ Nov 29 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    WOW WHAT AN UNEXPECTED TURNAROUND! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CAME BACK TO HIT ME IN THE FACE!

-dan

p.s. caps lock, etc.

p.p.s. True Believer is Jedd's brother.

QQ?
    Does he ever post anything that isn't; "WoW sucks lol"
  • dandan November 2007
    Jong, I made that post, hoping someone was going to make that reply.

-dan
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 29 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Does he ever post anything that isn't; "WoW sucks lol"

not around you...
    K.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob November 2007
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long ran than outright exposure... life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

-Helen Keller

• "If Helen Keller were a psychic, would you say she had a fourth sense?"

-George Carlin
  • PotatoPotato December 2007
    "Who lives longer? the man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time"

-Aldous Huxley
  • maliskmalisk December 2007
    QUOTE (Working Class Hero @ Nov 26 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice, and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.
    -Aldous Huxley, Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Maybe this world is another planet's Hell.
    -Aldous Huxley

We have become too civilized to grasp the obvious. For the truth is very simple. To survive you often have to fight, and to fight you have to dirty yourself. War is evil, and it is often the lesser evil. Those who take the sword perish by the sword, and those who don't take the sword perish by smelly diseases.
    -George Orwell, from "Looking Back on the Spanish War"

I've been reading a lot of essays lately.

Did you happen to read 'Politics and the English Language'?
  • QUOTE (Malisk @ Dec 3 2007, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Did you happen to read 'Politics and the English Language'?

Yeah, it's a great essay. Read "Looking back on the Spanish War?"

"Those who take up the sword perish by the sword; those who don't take up the sword perish by smelly diseases."
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton December 2007
    "Patrick Henry Roark. Man of the cloth.
    He could've become President, but he chose to serve God.
    And along the way, he just happen to become the most powerful man of the State.
    He's brought down mayors and governors like they were nothing.
    He even made his rotten brother a U.S. Senator without breaking a sweat.
    And here he's going to get killed in the name of a dead hooker.
    I'm getting used to the idea. More and more, I'm liking the sound of it." - Sin City
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership