OS 10.5
  • AlfyAlfy November 2007
    is better than Vista.

Discuss.
  • fr4ggedfr4gged November 2007
    Well, I also believe that DOS is better than vista.

But yeah, I <3 10.5.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2007
    I am also not a fan of Vista; however, I see the potential for a great operating system. XP was awful until SP2, and I think Vista was better upon release than XP was, so I have faith that it will become a viable OS after a similar patch.

What is different about 10.5? I use 10.2 (I think) on my ibook, and the screenshots of 10.5 functionality do not look much different (aside from the quite obvious visual improvements). I was under the impression that the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.5 was much the same as the upgrade to XP SP2 in terms of size and quality enhancements.
  • AlfyAlfy November 2007
    QUOTE (Governor @ Nov 26 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am also not a fan of Vista; however, I see the potential for a great operating system. XP was awful until SP2, and I think Vista was better upon release than XP was, so I have faith that it will become a viable OS after a similar patch.

What is different about 10.5? I use 10.2 (I think) on my ibook, and the screenshots of 10.5 functionality do not look much different (aside from the quite obvious visual improvements). I was under the impression that the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.5 was much the same as the upgrade to XP SP2 in terms of size and quality enhancements.

Actually, that is it. Stacks are nice, instead of opening a finder window to applications, it opens up in a neat little menu. Also, Spotlight has been GREATLY improved. The addition of time machine is nice, however, I have not been able to use it yet. I got a huge performance boost going to Boot Camp 2.0.

That is all I have as of right now.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership