Guild Roster
  • carto0ncarto0n November 2007
    I'd like to organize a list of people who are DEFINETLY interested in the game and have their mindset they will be there with us on Day 1 of release. I would like to get ATLEAST 15 people for first login. I know there are still alot of details that need to be worked out and questions answered as far as release date itself, price, monthly fee, etc... But, I'm most curious about who will be there regardless of those factors

Please If you have looked into this game add your name to this list, along with your class, and play style (Craftsman, Warrior, PK, etc...) I would ideally like to start working on getting a solid member base and then start organizing a clan/guild.

Player Name: Cartoon.
    Desired Class: Dwarf
    Position: PK / Crafter

• GmnotutooGmnotutoo November 2007
    Player Name: Gmnotutoo
    Desired Class: Elf/Nahirim
    Position: PK/Crafter/Sailing
  • PheylanPheylan November 2007
    I'd be interested, assuming a few things...

You list PK as what position you want. Are you meaning to have an evil character and just run about killing people? Or are you looking to just kill whatever players we end up declaring war on? Somewhere in the middle? Maybe just PK against the Dwarves' less then friendly races? So, dark elves, orks and furry guys?

My interest depends on when the game is released, and what I'm doing at the time. For now, I'll say I'm in. I am going to apply for the beta, although it seems unlikely I will get in.

And wouldn't you say desired race, not desired class?

Player Name: Pheylan
    Desired Race: Elf
    Position: Some type of fighter/mage/ranger thing.
    My views would be to maintain and help our guild grow as best as possible, no matter what. This game is going to involve heavy PK. We are going to kill people, but not needlessly. If it helps out our guild, defends it, makes it richer, etc just as long as there is a reason to do it then I do not see why we shouldn't. We will be our own group of people and in this game the only thing that matters is our prosperity.

Update: I'm going for a Stealthy dps magic user build.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2007
    Player name: Governor
    Desired Race: Undecided at the moment
    Position: PK

I do intend to play the game when it comes out, and I'd be happy to be a clan charter signer or whatever if there is a minimum amount needed. I'm looking to PvP endlessly and have little interest in much else. I won't be able to play for more than a handful of hours each week anyway, so don't count on me too offer the clan too much if I do sign on.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon November 2007
    Anyone know if this is gonna be pay-to-play? I can't find any information about that.

This seems like it could be a really great game if it doesn't turn out like Fable (where you can't actually do shit), so I might as well try to jump in.

Player Name: *Undecided*
    Race: Probably Human
    Position: Sword-wielding warrior front-liner person for PvP. For a part-time skill, I'm leaning towards some sort of weapons crafter.
  • GovernorGovernor November 2007
    It will be pay to play, although the cost hasn't been worked out yet.
    Thanks.
    Phey, when i say PK, i mean pretty much what jason had said.

There will be guild wars....aswell as race wars....certain races will not get along and you will have to fight them ever so often if it comes down to it. They are not going to limit what race/races you can have in your guild, but have stressed that all of the same/friendly race only guilds will prosper better.

i plan to kill anyone and everyone who stands in our way, has something i want and wont give it to me, because i feel like it, bored, or to defend what is ours and take what should be ours.
    Ok, well I was curious. Here's the way I understand the PvP though. Attacking someone unprovoked that you don't have some kind of aggressive stance towards, ie a clan you're at war with or an unfriendly race will lower your standing from neutral to evil, and this can happen in as few as two kills. Becoming evil gives all good and neutral aligned players and all NPCs the ability to attack you unprovoked. You can't use regular cities without great fear for your life. Your alignment is one of the very few things conveyed about your character when people put their cursor over you.

I appreciate the PvP part of the game, and I think that it is part of what will make it a great game. However, I think that your "plan to kill anyone and everyone who stands in our way, has something i want and wont give it to me, because i feel like it, bored, or to defend what is ours and take what should be ours" method might have really dire consequences, especially in the beginning of the game. They are basically making the game so that it behaves similar to real life, you can do what you want, but you will face consequences. Seems a bit over the top to take such an aggressive stance, especially when we are asking ourselves if we can even start with 15 people?

I think the game creators are planning to have most characters of the same race get along with each other, planning on the tensions between some of the other races (Human/dwarf/elf vs dark elf vs Ork/furry wolf guy) to have a majority of the PvP content.
    you are correct....and im not saying that i will play like that day 1....but that is the approach i will take over time. I'm not one of those guys thats goes "Perma-Red" so where i can never play the game normally, even if i wanted to. I do enjoy some PK from time to time though

image/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
  • Player Name: *Undecided*

Player Race: human

Player Role: PK (I want to use a crossbow)
  • BillBill November 2007
    Player name: Who knows?
    Race: Prolly human, or something similar enough
    Role: Dirty work/crafting. Probably a melee/ranged stealth character that will slap on armour if we need me to.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    Can't Delete.
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch November 2007
    I'm really interested in this game, but tbh, I haven't had a lot of time to look into it. Depending on cost/time, I'd be up for anything.
  • BillBill November 2007
    Anything?
    Anything image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
  • BillBill November 2007
    ORLY?
    yarly! a/s/l?
  • ErlingErling November 2007
    Can this game compare to the might of WoW?
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 29 2007, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if they deliver on all the promises of this game....i think it will be a good contender
    QUOTE (Erling @ Nov 29 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stick with WoW.
  • azn+mikeazn mike November 2007
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Nov 29 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yarly! a/s/l?

13/m/In your bedroom u?!
    Hm, well maybe I'll try the trial when it comes out since there appears to be no beta access at the moment? When's the game even supposed to come out?
    From what I read, it's still in closed beta and they don't know when it will open up for a public beta.

Oh, I also read they have a date in mind but aren't willing to disclose it yet.
    Ah, so this isn't like a next month kind of thing.
    No, its like sometime next year kinda thing. hopefully before the summer.
  • I've got a few friends who wanna play too. I'll have them sign up on the new forum.
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof December 2007
    Name Cheezypoof
    Race - not sure
    PK/Crafting
  • JAmmYJAmmY December 2007
    Name: Dunno
    Race: Most likely human

Sailing/Merchant/Crafting
  • BillBill December 2007
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Nov 29 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yarly! a/s/l?

Think you got what it takes? haha.
  • SerasonSerason December 2007
    I'm one of Working Class Hero's RL friends...

Name: Serason
    Race: Undecided
    Class: PK
  • IrnIrn December 2007
    Sup all, I was referred to all this by JAmmy... I've been very active on WoW for a year and a half, currently strapped by time/financial restraints, but I am very intrigued by this game, and would like to get on board!

Name: Irn
    Race: Dwarf
    Position: Crafting/PK
  • QUOTE (Irn @ Dec 4 2007, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sup all, I was referred to all this by JAmmy... I've been very active on WoW for a year and a half, currently strapped by time/financial restraints, but I am very intrigued by this game, and would like to get on board!

Name: Irn
    Race: Dwarf
    Position: Crafting/PK

Willkommen!

good to have you.
  • Australian+WitchAustralian Witch December 2007
    QUOTE (Bill @ Dec 2 2007, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Think you got what it takes? haha.

I'm too much woman for you.
  • IrnIrn December 2007
    QUOTE (Working Class Hero @ Dec 4 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Willkommen!

good to have you.

Thank you very much sir image/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
  • BillBill December 2007
    QUOTE (Aussie Witch @ Dec 4 2007, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm too much woman for you.

Rofl... You are quite large, and I am so physically small. I will have to think about this.
  • carto0ncarto0n December 2007
    should we assemble somewhat of a guild structure? or am i being too optimistic?

i dont think its too early for us to start appointing guild leader(s) and a chain of command, so that we have some structure.

looking around the DF forums, there are a number of guilds already setup and ready to go the moment this game is released. i just dont think its too early to start planning ahead.
  • IrnIrn December 2007
    might not be a bad plan to start getting a general idea. although with still no release date projected, there could be so much that will change between now and then that we may want to be able to stay flexible for. but yeah, we could try to iron out some of that stuff if you wanted?
  • JAmmYJAmmY December 2007
    QUOTE (Irn @ Dec 6 2007, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    might not be a bad plan to start getting a general idea. although with still no release date projected, there could be so much that will change between now and then that we may want to be able to stay flexible for. but yeah, we could try to iron out some of that stuff if you wanted?

Well I think we could start hammering away at our structure. I don't think things in the game changing could neccesairily change the outcome of our clan structure IMO.
  • IrnIrn December 2007
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Dec 6 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well I think we could start hammering away at our structure. I don't think things in the game changing could neccesairily change the outcome of our clan structure IMO.

touche. i'm game image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • jimmah7jimmah7 December 2007
    Player Name: Jimmah(7)
    Desired Class: Elf
    Position: Diplomat (dealing with associated guilds)

From the look of things most people seem to be interested in the combat and city building aspect of this game. I'm particularly interested in the possibilities for diplomacy and economic aspects of this game as well as the geographic questions this game raises. (where to settle, who to ally with, etc. )
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob December 2007
    If it's not to expensive, maybe I would play. I used to play Diablo II expansion hardcore and I really liked it. The only thing I don't like is the pay-to-play side but if it's not to expensive I could play.

Name : Don't know
    Race : I'd probably pick what you guys pick if it is better for a guild if not the kind of Wolf.
    Position : I would spend most of my time building the city and PK. It really excites me to build things and see the developpement. I really like Sim City and Age of Empire for the constructiong parto so yeah image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.

The game looks badass image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.
  • xemplarxemplar December 2007
    I would try it, but, the whole pay to play thing for me is stupid. I tried WoW, got bored playing due to paying 15 a month. Though, if it isn't much, I may.
  • IrnIrn December 2007
    they obviously haven't announced the expected monthly cost, but they have said it will be comparable to other MMORPG's on the market... therefore I would expect it to be between 10 and 15$ a month. i have no hard sources for that prediction, just comparing to other games on the market that i'm aware of.
  • romerashromerash December 2007
    Who's the guild mascot?
  • GachiGachi February 2008
    Player Name: Gachi
    Race: Alfar
    Position: unsure at this time.
  • LethaLLethaL March 2008
    Player name: LethaL
    Desired Race: Undecided at the moment
    Position: Undecided at the moment
  • Name: Jooles
    Race: Elf or human
    Class: Fighter/Archer, mainly there to be a guard or pk.... though i would not be adverse to healing come to think of it
  • BrianBrian May 2008
    I may have missed the post that said it, but are we choosing a general race structure for this class, or is it all races? Because I seem to recall that there are some pretty hefty barriers to try to get all races to play together in a streamlined fashion.
  • FoowankoFoowanko May 2008
    Player Name: Foowanko or FNJC
    Race: Probably Human
    Position: PvP all the way
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership