• monkmonk November 2007
    WOW does anyone know of any servers where you don't have to wait to download 20+ fucking wav files just to play? seriously, the intention is supposedly to make it "more unique" and "interesting".. fucking hell who is even old enough to play this game and actually WANTS to join a server just so they can hear it go "PENIS", "RAPED, " THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU", HEADSHOT, every 5 seconds.

this trend is so rampant i can't even find a server where I don't wait atleast 3 minutes to connect because of that shit. again, ANYONE know of any decent cs servers?
  • scrubblescrubble December 2007
    it's not worth it. if i have to dl one thing from a server i won't ever play there.
  • monkmonk December 2007
    yes, same here and most any other reasonable player lol.. thats the whole point, there are none that are clean! no where to play!
  • jkarate212jkarate212 December 2007
    I like this server: 69.9.162.69:27015

As I post this in the morning its empty but it's usually very active with about 25-30 people
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever December 2007
    I'm pretty sure there is a way to bypass dling the sounds from console, but I forget the command.

I know you can do it in CS:S but not sure about 1.6
  • cutchinscutchins December 2007
    cl_allowdownload "0"

i use it. you won't be able to join servers that make you download stuff though, it'll just auto disconnect you when your shit refuses to dl. but it saves you time since you don't have to join the server and start dling before mashing cancel seven hundred times.
  • monkmonk December 2007
    Alright thnx
    my favorite thing though is when I DO WAIT like 8 minutes, then join and play maybe 13 rounds and NEVER hear a single files rofl (maybe one when i first join)
  • cutchinscutchins December 2007
    what times are you usually on? i'd like to pub around a bit with you. it's been a while since i played cs for more than like 10 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership