• TrueBelieverTrueBeliever December 2007
    Ok, well I just finished watching the so called season finale of Heroes season 2. So I was a little disappointed, everything that the story came to be just fell apart. It was really ridiculous. And it is all because of this ridiculous writers strike! Originally the second season was supposed to be 23 episodes long with 2 breaks in between (much like the break in the first season). But, because of this outrageous writers strike they ended it yearly, and basically just dropped the whole story. I'm kinda pissed off...
  • NonRootNonRoot December 2007
    I wasnt really disappointed with it. I only wish that it actually had been 23 eps.
  • I'm annoyed it ended so soon, but Sylar's back so I'm happy!

I'd love to see Sylar and Peter take down the company together, however this strike does blow majorly.
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Dec 4 2007, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'd love to see Sylar and Peter take down the company together

I dont see how that could happen. With Sylar getting his powers back, I dont think he'll use them for good, and I seriously doubt he cares about the Company.
  • Sylar questioned Mohinder when he found out someone gave him the virus, I think it's feasible he'd want retribution!
    QUOTE (NonRoot @ Dec 4 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I wasnt really disappointed with it. I only wish that it actually had been 23 eps.

I heard once the strike ends they are quickly making the next set of eps.

I was told it would still be season 2, but volume 3 or something like that.
    QUOTE (Funky Pasta T0mmY @ Dec 4 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sylar questioned Mohinder when he found out someone gave him the virus, I think it's feasible he'd want retribution!

Maybe, but I doubt he'd team up with Peter.

And also, the title of Volume 3 is Villians and the segment that they showed dealt with Syler.

QUOTE (True Believer @ Dec 4 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I heard once the strike ends they are quickly making the next set of eps.

I was told it would still be season 2, but volume 3 or something like that.

Well, then we'll at least save some money when the DVDs come out. I just hope the scripts are as good as the previous ones and not rushed.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton December 2007
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Dec 4 2007, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ok, well I just finished watching the so called season finale of Heroes season 2. So I was a little disappointed, everything that the story came to be just fell apart. It was really ridiculous. And it is all because of this ridiculous writers strike! Originally the second season was supposed to be 23 episodes long with 2 breaks in between (much like the break in the first season). But, because of this outrageous writers strike they ended it yearly, and basically just dropped the whole story. I'm kinda pissed off...

It's not just the writer's strikes fault. Blame the ratings.

If the ratings were better, the writer's strike would be a "break" in the season. After the first episode aired, the amount of viewers dropped significantly. Same story with the second episode. After the third, it sort of leveled off. It's not the strikes fault that they are ending the season early.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Dec 4 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's not just the writer's strikes fault. Blame the ratings.

If the ratings were better, the writer's strike would be a "break" in the season. After the first episode aired, the amount of viewers dropped significantly. Same story with the second episode. After the third, it sort of leveled off. It's not the strikes fault that they are ending the season early.

idk, I thought it was all very interesting in the beginning. I think people just want action, people can't sit down and watch a show and pick up a good story anymore, they need something more nowadays.
  • neocronneocron December 2007
    The strike wasn't the only reason they killed it off early. Tim Kring came out and said season 2 was below par and he wanted a fresh start. Of course the writers strike played its part but it also had a lot to do with the fact that season 2 sucked major ass. Hiro was in Japan for far too many episodes, new characters wern't introduced in propper keeping with the show and the the claire love story was so bad and cheesy it was painfull to watch.

Lets hope season 3 returns in fine form. Untill then at least I have Dexter a show that delivered a second season as good as the first.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton December 2007
    There were a few problems that Kring mentioned with this season. The biggest one that got me was with the two kids from South America. They didn't tie into the story for a while.

In the first episode of the first season, the problem that they were facing was revealed. That gave the season some direction. In the second season, the epidemic wasn't revealed until much later.

Another one was what was Hiro doing? He was in ancient Japan and could go home any time. It just didn't seem relevant. it became relevant, but that doesn't really help when you've lost the viewers already.
    I say let the Jeph Loeb write the next season!

One of the most amazing comic book writers in the industry who is also an executive producer I believe. I know he wrote, or helped write a couple of the episodes.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Dec 5 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There were a few problems that Kring mentioned with this season. The biggest one that got me was with the two kids from South America. They didn't tie into the story for a while.

I don't think they ever tied into the story... I don't believe you found out enough about Claire's b/f. What's going on with Peter's g/f, she is trapped in a non existing future. Micah is an orphan now, that was a bad move. Micah and his cousin really had no part in the main story. Last but certainly not least, wtf is up with Angela killing her own son?!?!?!
  • I was dissapointed that all the heroes didn't come together like last season, as a season in general it was paced badly, but I am looking foward to the third volume.

I liked Nathan, but I hope they don't cop out an bring him back to life with more super blood. And Sylar didn't kill nearly enough people this season.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) December 2007
    let's clear the air.

season one was 24 episodes and ran in the same fashion as this season has done so far.

season 2 [for the sake of correct naming..chapter 2] is much shorter, and only needed 12 episodes. due to the unfortunate writers strike [not the nielsen ratings] the season won't start back up until april.

this season was already produced and edited way before anyone went on strike.

but if you think you're crazy about the ratings...here were last monday's ratings:

nbc grabbed the demographic because it was the final episode before winter break, but cbs took 1st in the points spread.

CBS got 6.2/9 share whereas NBC only got 5.3/8 share.

BUT BUT BUT in the 18/49 demographic NBC got 3.6 beating out everyone.

as for the ratings..heroes is good. usually second right behind dancing with the stars. as for the plot, it's a filler season..this stuff needed to happen in order to build up for season 3.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2007
    Thread needs more Futurama.
    QUOTE (0=uid(root) @ Dec 5 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    [for the sake of correct naming..chapter 2]

Correct naming is volume 2. Chapters are the correct term for episodes.
  • PotatoPotato December 2007
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Dec 5 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thread needs more Futurama.

didja see bender's big score?

NEW THREAD
  • Building up for the next season is not a legitimate excuse for an under par one!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership