Guild structure
  • How are we going to structure the government of our guild?

things to consider:

1. Basic Structure(how we select leaders)
    2. Numbers of Leaders(Make sure we don't have more chiefs than indians, so to speak)
    3. Flexibility(insuring that things get done in a timely fashion, but minimize rash decision making)
    4. potential for growth

What do you guys think?
  • GovernorGovernor December 2007
    I think planning ahead is great, but I think discussing plans to this detail this early is not practical. The game probably won't be out for a very long time, and you have no idea who will still be interested, who will have time, and what people will want to accomplish in the game at that point. That's not even considering the fact that the game is still relatively unknown and could still change quite dramatically when they nail down a publisher and near an official release. The guild structure should be developed based on the needs of the game, not just chosen based on what you think may sound nice more than a year before it is launched.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2007
    I'm captain of our warship. I demand lots of mansex, swapping of poop decks, and pillaging.
  • QUOTE (Governor @ Dec 6 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think planning ahead is great, but I think discussing plans to this detail this early is not practical. The game probably won't be out for a very long time, and you have no idea who will still be interested, who will have time, and what people will want to accomplish in the game at that point. That's not even considering the fact that the game is still relatively unknown and could still change quite dramatically when they nail down a publisher and near an official release. The guild structure should be developed based on the needs of the game, not just chosen based on what you think may sound nice more than a year before it is launched.

You have a point. More a way to pass the time than anything.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership