Home Theater Systems
  • MagicMagic December 2007
    With all the traveling I've been doing I've built up enough Marriott and Diners Club points to get a Home Theater System for free (or just pay shipping). I'd be hooking it up to a Samsung 40 inch High Def TV and Xbox 360. Here are my options, was wondering if those with knowledge on the matter would care to comment.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nics_40971706_1

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...ractiveda603-20

Or let me know if there's a better option. Even though I don't really have many other options as I'm limited to what is in the Marriott catalog -- those two above seemed like the best ones that were in my point range.
  • cutchinscutchins December 2007
    sorry i don't know anything about that shit.
  • BudweiserBudweiser December 2007
    I would personally go for the Sony. Both have wireless rear channel speakers, and pretty comparable specs & ammenities.

The Panisonic does have one advantage with the IPOD dock.

• meathammermeathammer December 2007
    here's one of the reviews of the sony.....

8 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
    2.0 out of 5 stars Ok starter system, April 8, 2007
    By heatagain "heatagain"
    This is a great system out of the box and for those new to surround systems, but not for the advanced listener. This system is easy to install. That is all I can say about it. The listening effects are maddening. You are unable to control the treble or bass yourself and will have to rely on preset Sony programs and you will be left wanting more if you have more than a small living space. The sound strength is very weak, and yes, as previous posts stated, update the base as this system has none. More, the absolute worst part of this system is not only they length it takes to read a disk; you will have no idea if it you have selected a cd or dvd until it has finished reading the disk. Not worth my time. This is a great system for those who can not hook up a wired system; but for all others, save your money for something more meatier.

can't put all the weight on reviews, but this sounds frustrating to the non-beginner.

meat
  • coffeecoffee December 2007
    from my experience, sony doesn't make very good audio equipment. buddy of mine has a sony x-plod system in his car and it totally pales in comparison to another's alpine/phoenix gold combo.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership