Allergic Reaction to Advil
  • waterxm04waterxm04 December 2007
    So I've decided to share my experience, you tell me how scared you'd be.

Before one day after work i took an(1) advil and sat down to watch a movie 30 min later I broke out it hives and it was seemingly harder to breathe, I figured it was something i ate so i took a benodryl (forgetting about the drug advil i've taken my whole life). EVerything cleared up i was fine.

Today, I had a ortho appt, got there got out had a headache for the first time in months. Went to the medicine cabinet what did i pull out? Advil.. How many did i take? Two this time (2) advil... I went directly to the gym worked out for a small time and went back home because i didn't feel well. On my ride home i was uncontrollably sneezing it was hard to drive luckily the gym is close. I got home blew my nose a few 10000 times... I started to break out bad, i took 2 benodryl immediatly once i saw them. My chest started to compress and it was extremely hard to take deep breathes but i was ok to take slow calm ones. i was still breaking out became very hott sat down 10 minutes later tried to stand up couldn't walk my legs felt liek jello i layed down blackedout for 2 hours and woke up on the couch... I was better my chest didn't hurt i could breathe fine the hives were going away but my nose is perma clogged as of right now..

Note to self: Allergic to Amoxicillen and something in Advil
  • GovernorGovernor December 2007
    You should see a doctor to confirm it is just an allergy and not a reaction based upon a more serious ailment. It isn't out of the question for people to be allergic to Advil nor is it odd that an allergy developed so late in your life, but it is still something you should look into.
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2007
    You are most likely allergic to ibuprofen image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo December 2007
    You should do PCP, I heard that clears all your problems.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob December 2007
    There are pills without ibuprofen on the market, I know my mother has to buy those and they are as easy as Advils to find. Just go to a drug store and ask. But first you should go see a doctor to be sure you are really allergic to ibuprofen.
  • monkmonk December 2007
    You should do PCP, I heard that clears all your problems.
    problems like 3 full grown 6'4 300lb police officers trying to restrain you

(the best arrests are pcp arrests image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ONE 200lb agressive black male hopped up on pcp and 3 cops with ASPS is like some mosquitos nippin a bear haha

best football plays ive ever witnessed were high school games with star players on coke or pcp image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I figured I don't give a shit if its illegal, if a team isnt going to make state playoffs i would rather watch the star player future NFL, pull inhuman feats like running snatching a pass from the air so high his crotch level with the defense players face, airborne. or slicing through a 3 person hit like a train through a brick wall, loosing zero momentum. Or in a 100m dash when even after a late start PLUS a slip a runner still manages to close a 15 m gap taking 1st by an entire second. I miss witnessing those drug induced sports moments, incredible feats image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • azn+mikeazn mike December 2007
    QUOTE (BlueBoxBob @ Dec 17 2007, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There are pills without ibuprofen on the market, I know my mother has to buy those and they are as easy as Advils to find. Just go to a drug store and ask. But first you should go see a doctor to be sure you are really allergic to ibuprofen.

Tylenol
  • dandan December 2007
    acetaminophen (Tylenol's main painkiller) is a fun word to say.

-dan
  • waterxm04waterxm04 December 2007
    QUOTE (dan @ Dec 18 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    acetaminophen (Tylenol's main painkiller) is a fun word to say.

-dan

almost as fun as substantialiscious on the back of my snickers bar
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership