Scrolling Desktop
  • maliskmalisk January 2008
    Im trying to install multiple graphics cards on a friends computer. It worked with another friend who had AGP, but the one im working on now is PCIE and giving me trouble. When I use the new PCI card and try to go to 1600x1200 it doesnt display the entire desktop, you have to kind of scroll around by putting the mouse to the side of the display. I think I remember having this problem before but can't remember what I did. The card is a Radeon 7000 PCI, and newegg and the box say it supports 1600x1200 resolution. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    Can you get the monitor specs? I might be able to help.
  • PheylanPheylan January 2008
    If the monitor can't display that resolution (which is very possible with a lot of flat screen monitors and even normal CRT monitors), then you won't be able to use that resolution. I'd guess you'll need either a 19" monitor, or a very good 17" to see that resolution correctly.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    Pretty much the same line of thought I was taking. I wanted to give a more informed answer after being given the monitor's specs though, because it could well be a driver malfunction.
    I eventually figured out it was the drivers. Had to install them about 5 times in the right order for it to work.

If you plan to get a video card, get an Nvidia. The last couple ATIs ive gotten have had issues.
  • MeatonMeaton January 2008
    ATI RULES NEVER AN ISSUES WITH THEM THAT I HAD LOL image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

cap locks for the Win LOL
  • coffeecoffee January 2008
    yeah, aTi falls well short of nvidia functionally and aesthetically

i'm using a radeon x1600 here at work and it forces the scolling desktop on me if i try to bring the resolution past 1600x1200, even though my monitors max out at 1920x1200. it also won't allow the taskbar to span both desktops :$
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    I believe I'm a victim of the LCD limited resolution. I have a 19' LCD, any chance I can get something higher than 1280x1024?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever January 2008
    QUOTE (Meaton @ Jan 11 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ATI RULES NEVER AN ISSUES WITH THEM THAT I HAD LOL image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

cap locks for the Win LOL

never had any issues with Nvidia here
    QUOTE (coffee @ Jan 11 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah, aTi falls well short of nvidia functionally and aesthetically

i'm using a radeon x1600 here at work and it forces the scolling desktop on me if i try to bring the resolution past 1600x1200, even though my monitors max out at 1920x1200. it also won't allow the taskbar to span both desktops :$

Try this for the taskbar.
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership