People are stupid
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2008
    I'm reading a book called 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (And Al Franken is #37) by Bernard Goldberg.

I haven't actually gotten to the list part, but I've been reading the problems that he has found. I'm in a section of problematic litigation. I read this (on page 30):

A woman from New York sues the city because she was hit by a subway train and seriously injured. Right before the train hit her, police say, she had been calmly lying on the tracks trying to commit suicide.

There is another I like as well:

After lightning knocks out a Florida prison's TV satellite dish, a prisoner -- convicted of brutally murdering five people -- sues because now he can only watch network programs, which he says contain violence, profanity, and other objectionable material.

Thought I'd share somethings. It is an entertaining book to say the least.

Edit:

... remember that woman who sued New York City because she got hit by a subway train after, according to the cops, she apparently decided to lie down on the tracks and wait for the train to run over her? A jury awarded her $14.1 million. The court, however, said that was too much, since she did, after all, voluntarily put herself in the path of the train. So it cut her award... down to a measly $9.9 million.
  • Retr0%5ERetr0^ January 2008
    I've read it several times, its a very fun but sometimes frustrating book to read. Enjoy =D
  • romerashromerash January 2008
    brb going to the train tracks
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    Brb, euthanasia.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob January 2008
    American stories if you can notice image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.
  • PotatoPotato January 2008
    just put your least favorite limb on the track. easy 10 mil.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2008
    The book is bloody brilliant. Whether I agree with him or not, I find that the man is articulate and, when he wants to be, blunt.

I agree completely with retr0^'s synopsis of the book. It's fun and, sometimes, frustrating.
  • monkmonk January 2008
    yeah our economy is frustrating, fucking humans.
  • dandan January 2008
    host sucks

-Nicole <-- who uses correct capitalization when signing her name
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    Host sucks at Dan-ing?
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    RAW
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership