The Official "Lets reminisce about the past" thread
  • JonobonoJonobono January 2008
    So, as many of you know I have the wow bug. That being said I am in the same guild as Meadaball, Cannonfodder, and Fire from the old Tuff days. So tonight I was in the same vent channel as most of them and found our topic of conversation to be the old counter strike days. We went way back to the SmurF days and to the original Tuff members. We had a ton of fun thinking up old names of people we remembered and shared interesting stories.

That being said, it made me miss Donut, and how it took atleast 10 minutes of constantly clicking refresh, waiting to see 15/16 slots. I vaguely remember epic Italy battles in smurf, and pretty much idolizing the ground smurf stood on. I was 14 at the time and so many of my friday nights were spent in these servers. We listed a number of old names and shared some laughs about each person. (Fishy, Aest, Barry, Green, Papa, Rafio, etc)

So I open up the floor. Lets remember what donut/smurf/tuff etc meant to you back when cs was fun. I'm curious what our older members have to say, just because it was so long ago, i'm sure i didn't remember some of the better stories. I wish like hell the old smurf forums could somehow be viewed. Some incredible discussions took place, and i'd be interested to see exactly how naive i was. Everyone can post though, because we all have great stories.
  • GachiGachi January 2008
    I was a few years younger when I joined Donut and began managing it, but had a blast doing so. I loved when the server was full almost all day and night, with reasonably skills people. Lets face it, those days are gone because CS isn't "as" popular as it once was. The thing I miss the most about FD, is the most recent stuff we did... the FD LanBQ's. It was a great gathering and I was glad to assist hosting them and had a blast at them. Met some good people in person, had great laughs, and overall enjoyed my weekends.
  • GovernorGovernor January 2008
    My fondest memory of SmurF was the match between Delta and Omega on cs_estate. We (Omega) practiced for like a week straight; we developed extremely precise strats for infiltrating the house, and we ended up winning 16-14. It was actually kind of funny, we did much better on CT than we did T (I think we lost two rounds on CT). I can't remember exactly who played on either team, but I'm pretty sure omega had myself, star, jacared, jokey, and lagwagon. It was ownage. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • PheylanPheylan January 2008
    I miss being pushed down hills of mud, rain, piss and beer.

Then bringing others to the same fate.
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    When I first started playing on FD I was basically used to playing nubs on assault and had a pretty much rush and headshot everyone strategy. The caliber of player at FD taught me that if I was going to get a better kill/death ratio I was going to have to change my tactics. While it was still amazingly fun running around wielding a pumpy with sick boy, the competitive edge of the server is what made it special to me.
  • MagicMagic January 2008
    owning people with the auto-shotty.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    Condoned hostie camping.

That is all.
  • AlfyAlfy January 2008
    Beer pong and water beer.

Oh yea, Soco and lime.

Naked Robert.
  • coffeecoffee January 2008
    FD was just a bunch of hackers running around
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    QUOTE (coffee @ Jan 22 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    FD was just a bunch of hackers running around

with their dicks out having surprise... or not such surprise buttsecks
  • JonobonoJonobono January 2008
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Jan 22 2008, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I miss being pushed down hills of mud, rain, piss and beer.

Then bringing others to the same fate.

I will have my vengence you son of a bitch. lmao, i love how i was trying to help you, but a swift shove from an unknown person, and you grabing my hoodie didn't help at all.
  • JAmmYJAmmY January 2008
    QUOTE (Magic @ Jan 22 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    owning people with the auto-shotty.

MEATON RUSH v. MAGIC CAMP!

LOL I DIES
  • neocronneocron January 2008
    Just all of [ATB]/Smurf was fun.
    Early days of Donut for sure.
    Getting kicked/banned from the TuFF server for hell raising.
  • EvestayEvestay January 2008
    i really enjoyed my time around the old tuff and smurf servers! competitive cs with tuff was fun too, but i wish i could have managed my time better so that i didnt have to quit. the strongest pull for restarting was to step back into the FD server but once it lost popularity it made quitting much easier =)
  • carto0ncarto0n January 2008
    parties in the uppers, camping with pump shotties, sitting....waiting...then BOOOOOOOMMM headshot.
  • BrianBrian January 2008
    If the population never started dropping off with the waning popularity of CS, I'd still be playing today.

Oh, and I miss the days where I caused drama with every step, and frustration for those in charge.

Hahaha, <3 Court.
  • PotatoPotato January 2008
    first server i went on was FD, and i remember characters like Tommy (where the hell is that man-child) and Meathammer (resin image/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> )making me laugh my ass off. i came back and never left.

ALSO

20 minute wait times after school
  • BlackLightBlackLight January 2008
    [CWE] and that other weird-ass clan with sick boy and coffee
  • intensiveintensive January 2008
    I can still remember ATB and SmuRF. SmuRF's playground is where I played against whom I considered to be some of the best CS players out there at that time. Xavier, Fishy, Papa, Star, Lagwagon, Gov, Sir, and more. All of them where both a blast, and a huge pain in the ass to go up against back in CS 1.5. I'd say those are the days I miss most. Always wanted to be in SmuRF, but I was way to much of a dick and far to young. I still recall scrimming with Sir/Phil occasionaly, and I loved every minute of that. Always kind of looked up to Phil, as he was around the ATB servers the most out of the SmuRF guys I think, and got me into the more advanced play of CS. Probably idoloized him the most out of the bunch, him and X a v i e r`. The way that guy could AWP created a 100% aura of intimidation around him. I pretty much froze and would shit myself anytime his name came into my crosshairs.

There isn't much I miss about ATB, other than Neon85, Mario, *DEAD* (Penguin), Pseudo, and a few others. Other than those, a lot of the old ATB guys are still about, or I hear from every now and again. Two guys that I do not miss, are g0tr4p3d? and Centauros (Something like that). There was one other creep who talked about weird shit all the time and likely couldn't go within a 25yrd range of anyone below the age of 12, but I cannot remember his name.

As for FD, I will only miss the days where the server was full. As it started to die down, things got more dramatic and thusly less fun, as I was never as big into the community as some of you. No LAN parties, etc, for me.

To sum it up, I fucking miss CS. I miss killing Budweiser with a glock across the map when he was bad with an m4.

PS. I MISS ESKI.
  • GachiGachi January 2008
    QUOTE (intensive @ Jan 24 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I can still remember ATB and SmuRF. SmuRF's playground is where I played against whom I considered to be some of the best CS players out there at that time. Xavier, Fishy, Papa, Star, Lagwagon, Gov, Sir, and more. All of them where both a blast, and a huge pain in the ass to go up against back in CS 1.5. I'd say those are the days I miss most. Always wanted to be in SmuRF, but I was way to much of a dick and far to young. I still recall scrimming with Sir/Phil occasionaly, and I loved every minute of that. Always kind of looked up to Phil, as he was around the ATB servers the most out of the SmuRF guys I think, and got me into the more advanced play of CS. Probably idoloized him the most out of the bunch, him and X a v i e r`. The way that guy could AWP created a 100% aura of intimidation around him. I pretty much froze and would shit myself anytime his name came into my crosshairs.

There isn't much I miss about ATB, other than Neon85, Mario, *DEAD* (Penguin), Pseudo, and a few others. Other than those, a lot of the old ATB guys are still about, or I hear from every now and again. Two guys that I do not miss, are g0tr4p3d? and Centauros (Something like that). There was one other creep who talked about weird shit all the time and likely couldn't go within a 25yrd range of anyone below the age of 12, but I cannot remember his name.

As for FD, I will only miss the days where the server was full. As it started to die down, things got more dramatic and thusly less fun, as I was never as big into the community as some of you. No LAN parties, etc, for me.

To sum it up, I fucking miss CS. I miss killing Budweiser with a glock across the map when he was bad with an m4.

PS. I MISS ESKI.

psst, Eski's been on the r3s1n server on rare occassions in the last week or two.
  • MeatonMeaton January 2008
    i miss meaton rush to my death ... I just did it in the rision serveer and killed like 5 peopl lol
  • monkmonk January 2008
    I miss italy tournament nights, hide n seek, jeepathon, and the overall diversity that was in the characters. Cal-i skill levels all the way down to negative ogl, all sorts of personalities some absolutely hilarious. I absolutely hated "omega", not for the people, but for a bunch of smaller reasons. SmurF and Tuff probably shared 140+ members at least together, almost 40% having served both clans lol. Those were learning days of cs for me, true competitive play unfortunately came after clans dispersal. All the fun, ridiculousness, and insanity played out in days of SmurF, yay.

I enjoyed the snow and original website. Greens faith in chaos, his obsession with crosseyed cadbury cats CPL, and admiral akbars exclamation of "its a trap". darky's corner. papa, fishy, mant, mannam, brainy, waste, bleach, sicknam, GOV, barry, kermit, blah blah blah later stages jacared, hex, starbright, tuff members, come and go like always, neverending cycle...damn SmurF turned into such a huge community.
  • ErlingErling February 2008
    Learning how to own BD with Wolve.

And when I first started playing having Chad and Fatal make fun of my awping endlessly.
  • ScabdatesScabdates February 2008
    Remember way back when Scabdates would get banned a minimum of twice a week? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I remember always having fun on Donut no matter what. Hostie camping, knifing, nading, Mac 10's, Budweiser yelling. Man those were good times.
  • LMFAO just reading this had put a smile on my face. Where can i start?

first of all, its absolutely an honor to see my name even mentioned in this post. at least i know at some point in my cs career, i was a decent player.

oh my goodness, gov, i remember that match like it happened yesterday. omega lacked skill but we had brain. we shouldve been cpl-i^2. i can just imagine jacared up in everyones ear yelling strats and telling everyone how much they arent doing it as perfect as it should be done. we raped them though.

i remember a similar match against TuFF as well. we won i remember and scully was really mad at us for some reason..

i remember the completely legendary BARRY SmurF from iowa. he was way beyond his time and went to play in cal-i for blindside with the infamous wags. i also remember accusing barrah of indulging in too much cornography (hes from iowa).

i also remember the LEGENDARY MIDNIGHT GAMES on hide_n_seek~!! those were hands down THE BEST times EVER. i also remember when most of the server companies banned the usuage of that map because it took up too much memory. we had to rename the map to de_dust to throw off the server company and everyone had to redownload de_dust except it was actually hide_n_seek. i also remember de_dust being the cal map of the week and when match time came around, most of us forgot to redownload the original de_dust and almost forfeited the match lol.

i remember late night talks on #smurf and many many pugs as well as many cal matches that were more like pugs.

i remember the smurfettes lol, worst website ever. so much drama with those girls and the smurfs on computers. i never understood that.

i remember looking up to gov and pops and the long talks we had and i think i became an elder in the later part of smurf i dont quite recall. it was something along those lines. i also remember the always cool ramsey SmurF.

damn man, their is just too much to recall.

I think my most memorable times in cs were matches on de_cbble. that map is very intense and can go either way. the strats on that map were always intricate and involved shooting through walls, the fake-fake-refake strat, and throwing the right nade to the right spot out of the hallway at the right time.

i will always remember the old quickswitch between awp and deagle, and i will always miss being able to aim on ladders.

all in all, it is a lot of good memories from the OLD days.

their are just too many people to name and to even remember. a couple of good players stick out like barrah, gov, preachah man, budd, diamondcutter dC, man|nam, green, aestivales, monk and many MANY more people i have met that were just awesome. method, frat, flava flav (flavor country), papa, brainy, oh gosh i cant even keep thinking its just too many to list.

i think sir (phil) is also a person that brings back funny memories. i remember running team omega when phil had just started cs in atb. he would talk to me and ask me to sit at our practices and spec our cal matches. he would always ask me for pointers. not long after, i was asking him to teach me how to play the game.

him and gov have very little patience in regards to playing this game on a serious level. i know that phil must have gone through several mice trying to beat this game into some of these kids heads including myself. i could always count on phil to leave in the middle of a pug cause we were down 9-1 as t's on dust2 after winning the pistol round. and after meeting gov, im sure he would have body slammed me during a cpl match after we rushed out of ivy on train and instead of throwing a smoke, i threw a flash and fucked everybody up.

those were the days =).
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf March 2008
    I miss so much about fd lol, the overall game play in the server was always fun no matter wetehr it was semi serious, or messing around...

some of my favorite memories are with ninja attack lemming, causing hell and getting banned by budweiser image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> for a day

posting wars with scabdates to see who could get the most posts before the other quit...

romerash =( zero, tommy, meaton, bud ninja... everyone =(

and this is my first post since my return! muaha
  • LethaLLethaL March 2008
    you forgot about me

should i be surprised
  • xemplarxemplar March 2008
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Mar 30 2008, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you forgot about me

should i be surprised

no. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf March 2008
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Mar 30 2008, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you forgot about me

should i be surprised

yes... but to be serious no.
  • azn+mikeazn mike April 2008
    I miss dan getting shot in the face by phil at a CS tourney at the GXL image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BrianBrian April 2008
    Oh I just remembered something else:

Phil being on the radio with his band and me calling in.

Me: "Hey Phil, its Brian."

Phil: "Brian...?"

Me: "Yeah, Brian. Brian from Canada."

Phil: "What th... oh god it really is Brian from Canada."

Me: "Yup. We're on the radio. Later homes." *click*

Radio guy: "What just happened?"

I'm glad I was always such a mature person.
  • dandan April 2008
    QUOTE (Jong @ Apr 1 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I miss dan getting shot in the face by phil at a CS tourney at the GXL image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Good times, good times.

-dan
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership