Who Misses It?
  • GachiGachi January 2008
    Wanted to see how people feel now, since the FD server has been down for a few months now. Be honest, and if you haven't played in the server in 2 years, don't bother voting. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Oh and if you vote no, please explain what makes you feel this way.
  • LethaLLethaL January 2008
    i voted for : Yes (even when it was not used)

because when there was players on it, it was always fun to play on
  • PheylanPheylan January 2008
    I can honestly say I've haven't played a Valve game since the CS server was taken down.

However, I also was not a very frequent visitor to the server any more prior to it disappearing.
  • dandan January 2008
    I said no, simply because counterstrike stopped being fun long before the server died.

-dan
  • sac916sac916 January 2008
    I liked the server being around even if people weren't on it all the time.
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    I don't have the time to miss it.
  • MagicMagic January 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Jan 22 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I said no, simply because counterstrike stopped being fun long before the server died.

-dan

• Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    I stopped playing after the FD server went down.
  • AlfyAlfy January 2008
    QUOTE (redbone @ Jan 22 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don't have the time to miss it.

QFE
    now, if you've voted no, just because you don't have the time to play any games, should not be a justified no imho. You can still miss it, even if you have no time.
  • coffeecoffee January 2008
    i missed it when i could pop in and tsay BLACKZILLA a million times before promptly disconnecting for another six months
    lmao.. What's going on Coffee? Long time no see/speak. I used to love using bad puns on you.
    It's not just because I don't have the time to play video games. I've been so busy that I haven't even had the time to really think about it. Wake up, architecture, eat, architecture, architecture, coffee, architecture, sleep(briefly) rinse and repeat.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 January 2008
    QUOTE (dan @ Jan 22 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-dan

QFE
  • romerashromerash January 2008
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Jan 22 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I stopped playing after the FD server went down.

FD server went down because i stopped playing image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

oh wait
  • PotatoPotato January 2008
    even when the server wasn't being used. atleast 4 times a week i started 4 on 4s, during the empty times, only for it to die within half an hour. it was a decent viking funeral nonetheless
  • neocronneocron January 2008
    I voted no because I stopped playing it a long long time ago. That said I've not stopped playing CS, still waiting for that one online game that I like more. Thought CoD4 would be the one but it missed the mark by a decent margin. Shame.
  • MeatonMeaton January 2008
    ya i miss it it was a great place to play on and eveything image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • BlackLightBlackLight January 2008
    really the only place i enjoyed playing counter-strike on, although college put a hindrance on that. thank god zombie panic source came out
  • azn+mikeazn mike January 2008
    I didn't play much but i miss it.
    QUOTE (Jong @ Jan 24 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I didn't play much but i miss it.

I miss your gayness with the Auto, from truck at ct spawn through side of building. Yeah, you can go diaf now. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Jan 24 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I miss your gayness with the Auto, from truck at ct spawn through side of building. Yeah, you can go diaf now. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I miss gooch's wiggerdom whenever he'd die (a lot)
    QUOTE (Magic @ Jan 24 2008, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I miss gooch's wiggerdom whenever he'd die (a lot)

lmao.
  • LethaLLethaL January 2008
    i though it was funky pasta tommy who was autoing from the truck at ct spawn
    he might have been, but Jong was the fucker who did it to me the most.
  • xemplarxemplar January 2008
    When the server went down, I stopped playing cs completely, for the most part anyway...I have have popped in r3s1n one or two times...thats it though.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton January 2008
    MEAToN RuSH Lol1111
  • coffeecoffee January 2008
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Jan 22 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    lmao.. What's going on Coffee? Long time no see/speak. I used to love using bad puns on you.

just got through a five day Geostatistical Analysis seminar, my mind was almost about to spill its beans
    QUOTE (coffee @ Jan 25 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    just got through a five day Geostatistical Analysis seminar, my mind was almost about to spill its beans

lmao! <3
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob January 2008
    I do miss it for the players that were in the server. r3s1n is cool but some people are really being stupid like hating for fun ( meathammer ). The guy can be really cool and funny but he gets pissed for nothign and since he has admin he abuses it. I like FD for the good laughs and the level of competition there.
    QUOTE (BlueBoxBob @ Jan 28 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I do miss it for the players that were in the server. r3s1n is cool but some people are really being stupid like hating for fun ( meathammer ). The guy can be really cool and funny but he gets pissed for nothign and since he has admin he abuses it. I like FD for the good laughs and the level of competition there.

all this hate for meathammer and resin should just stop. fucking grow a pair, and not just you bob, but everyone who complains about the server and its players.

they're paying for the server -- you're not. because of this, they can abide by whatever rules they want to. sure, it might not be the same rules as donut, but take a gander at the name of the server next time you join. they're obviously doing something right -- sounds as though their server is full most of the time while most people here can only remember the good ol' days in FD.
  • PotatoPotato January 2008
    QUOTE (Magic @ Jan 28 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    all this hate for meathammer and resin should just stop. fucking grow a pair, and not just you bob, but everyone who complains about the server and its players.

they're paying for the server -- you're not. because of this, they can abide by whatever rules they want to. sure, it might not be the same rules as donut, but take a gander at the name of the server next time you join. they're obviously doing something right -- sounds as though their server is full most of the time while most people here can only remember the good ol' days in FD.

QFT

i just bash meathammer out of luff.
  • bobbob January 2008
    Well said Magic.

I know we all love pounding on Meat! image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
  • xemplarxemplar January 2008
    annoying him is the best though! getting muted for a whole map is awesome!
    QUOTE (Magic @ Jan 28 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their server is not always full. It is full often, but not always. They use idling bots that make it look full, but when you go in, they're all in spectator.

I <3 Meat, so I agree with people stopping on bashing their server. I don't want another LOTO war going on here because r3s1n is NOWHERE near the standards of LOTO. Besides, I get set on fire often and get to burn people. It's sweet shit.
    This thread delivers... for r3s1n.
  • MeatonMeaton January 2008
    I would play on it i been geting back intot games a bit more in teh past few weeks things have been slowing down now so it allows me to image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I would love to see it again ...

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership