New FD Server?
  • GachiGachi January 2008
    Since the other poll shows favor of missing the server, I'd now like to see who would love or like to have one back to randomly CS on like the old days. I know of 5 people I spoke with today and yesterday that would love it.

• MeatonMeaton January 2008
    Fuck YA bring it back i support it with out any problem BRING IT BACK but before you do it let do are homework and find a really good host.. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• romerashromerash January 2008
    I said no, not because i won't play, but i know all the people will get hyped and play on the first week, then the usual scrims/other games thing will start and the server will be empty again.
  • redboneredbone January 2008
    I don't really care either way. Sure it would be nice to have it back, but the server died for a reason(s). I don't think it/they went away.
  • dandan January 2008
    I said no for basically the same reasons as Ramy. Counter-Strike isn't popular enough to make supporting a server worthwhile.

-dan
  • GovernorGovernor January 2008
    Perhaps a better poll would have been "would you play on the server often if it came back", and the answers could include whether or not they would donate.
    at this point, it's just a thinking process. I'm not worried about donations yet, as a few have stepped up to offer them. This is a general interest post.
  • cutchinscutchins January 2008
    cs 4 life
    QUOTE (CJ. @ Jan 25 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    cs 4 life

long time no speak CJ... I recently asked Nicole, how Andrew's chin was. She was confused.. I said yeah, they had CJ's nuts on them.
  • MagicMagic January 2008
    I don't play anymore.

I'm sure if you got one there would be about a week or so where it would be pretty full with old donuts and regulars -- but after people got done checking it out I think they'd revert back to the way it was when it was dying/dead. And one or two weeks wouldn't be enough time to grow a new base of regulars either.
  • PheylanPheylan January 2008
    I would support it for as long as it took me to ban Fragged.
  • coffeecoffee January 2008
    i think it's best to let it be. Remember when Tyson attempted a comeback? That is what will happen to the server
  • neocronneocron January 2008
    Let it die.
  • PotatoPotato January 2008
    bring it back plx

resin is full of nubs and bitches, including Meathammer
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon January 2008
    It basically is..
  • maliskmalisk January 2008
    Nah, most of the old regs (including myself) never really play anymore so it wouldn't really be Donut anyway. Although Id rather play on Donut over any other server when I DO play, its not in the best interest of management to bring it back.
  • fr4ggedfr4gged January 2008
    i agree with gov when he says the question should be more "would you play?"

and yes. I would play.

every.goddamn.day.
  • dandan January 2008
    QUOTE (fr4gged @ Jan 26 2008, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i agree with gov when he says the question should be more "would you play?"

and yes. I would play.

every.goddamn.day.

You'd play every day, until Rob bans you.

-dan
  • xemplarxemplar January 2008
    100% yes.
  • carto0ncarto0n January 2008
    no.
  • BrianBrian January 2008
    No. I wouldn't play, and neither would many other former regulars. Also, the CS population hasn't grown, so don't expect the unwashed masses to come flocking back to the server.

My prediction would be that the exact same thing will happen again, only on a more immediate time line.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo January 2008
    No one expects all the quitters of the game and in-actives to play much in the first place. Why not start a new thread about who and how much people are willing to contribute and go from there? I'm sure a good amount of regulars from before donut closed will still play, though its really based on the whole cs community if the server picks up again. It's kinda like a crap shoot, huh?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever January 2008
    If you think not enough people would play CS how about trying to start a server in a new upcoming game such as TF2?
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership