Awesome
  • mungomungo February 2008
    Who goes to school right outside of Boston? Me.
    Who got smashed at a bar right outside of Boston last night? Me.
    Who started a "LET'S GO GIANTS" chant in said bar last night? Me.
    Who almost got his ass kicked? Me.

I would say out of the 400 people there, 50 joined in -- not bad considering the location of the venue. It was a loud chant too. Shook the entire place up.

Some kid came up to me and said, "fuck you your Giants fucking suck dick."

I said this to him and I'll say this to all of you:
    "18-1 means shit."

Let's get ready to roll this Sunday.
  • carto0ncarto0n February 2008
    your lucky i don't start driving out that way now to kick your ass...

im not that far from Boston sir...
  • GachiGachi February 2008
    Correction: 18-0 you fucking jew. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • xemplarxemplar February 2008
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Feb 1 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Correction: 18-0 you fucking jew. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

but they will be 18-1. image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
    Correction: 19-0
    no. i love it now, a report came out about when they faced the rams in their first super bowl which "began" the their "dynasty" that they taped the rams pre-game walk through...I wonder what will come of it?
  • redboneredbone February 2008
    fts
  • MagicMagic February 2008
    Pats are gonna dominate
  • BillBill February 2008
    Ok, what I see in this thread. Standard bandwagoners and ONE actual pats fan, who it doing exactly what pats fans tend to do... Being dumb. I love you carton... Stop being dumb.

It's actually amazing, all fo the literature I've seen the last week ro two involving the game, written in Boston, hasn't said much about the game, or the team, and instead has been focused almost entirely on bad mouthing the giants fanbase. That makes no got damn sense.

Yeah, the pats are the heavy favorite for a reason, but I guess I'm a mouth breather because i'm an actual giants fan.
    QUOTE (Bill @ Feb 3 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ok, what I see in this thread. Standard bandwagoners and ONE actual pats fan, who it doing exactly what pats fans tend to do... Being dumb. I love you carton... Stop being dumb.

It's actually amazing, all fo the literature I've seen the last week ro two involving the game, written in Boston, hasn't said much about the game, or the team, and instead has been focused almost entirely on bad mouthing the giants fanbase. That makes no got damn sense.

Yeah, the pats are the heavy favorite for a reason, but I guess I'm a mouth breather because i'm an actual giants fan.

Bill is the superior one. Bill is the almighty jesus who we all shall sit down and recognize. Bill for president. :\
    Such an upset but a good game overall. GG Giants, and GG Pats.
  • GovernorGovernor February 2008
    Perhaps the only team I hate more than the Giants is the Patriots, but that game was awesome either way.
  • coffeecoffee February 2008
    Eli Manning is UNSTOPPABLE
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon February 2008
    This calls for Quake sound clips.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever February 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Feb 3 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Perhaps the only team I hate more than the Giants is the Patriots, but that game was awesome either way.

Well, I hate both of those teams as well, but I don't know which one is the greater evil to my eyes.

I was hoping somehow, someway they would of both lost.

At least the Pats didn't have a perfect season, and a NFC team won the Superbowl.
    Sickening performance.

Still a Pats fan.
  • dandan February 2008
    In a case like this, where I dislike both teams playing, I tend to cheer for the underdog. We were all pretty excited when the Giants won.

-dan
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton February 2008
    I am glad the Giants won after the stunt that Belichick pulled. I hope he never wins again. Seriously, is he too good to see the game through to the last second ticks off. He didn't even put 11 men on the field to finish the game. The refs should have thrown the penalty flag, even if it was just going to be declined.

I'd be ashamed of his performance if I was in Boston.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 February 2008
    please jedd talk about overreacting. the one second was a pointless anyways. you don't have to throw a hissy fit.
    It was pointless, but they still had to finish the game. He disrespected the Giants coaching staff by not meeting the head coach after the game. In general, he was very unprofessional.
    Regardless, he did meet the coach during the 1 second, hugged him and congratulated him. That 1 second was ridiculous and the NFL should have just ended the game.

Good game nonetheless.
  • JAmmYJAmmY February 2008
    If the Patriots are the best team ever, where do the New York Giants rank?
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Feb 4 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If the Patriots are the best team ever, where do the New York Giants rank?

I still don't know if they're the best team ever -- but they're the best team of this decade. All winning streaks eventually come to an end, just so happened to occur last night. If the Ravens or Eagles had pulled of the upset in the regular season would you think they're the best team? Maybe they would have been for that day -- but over the year not a chance.

I think it's semi-hilarious that this Super Bowl won't be remembered as the Giants winning, but instead the Pats losing. Everyone always says nobody remembers who loses the Super Bowl. I bet a couple years from now if people ask who won Super Bowl 42 a majority (outside of New York) will say "that was the one the Pats lost."

I don't understand why people like Jedd continue to whine about the Pats. Belichick did meet Tom at the 50, he talked to reporters, held a press conference, his players spoke to the media -- what more do you want? If you were on the losing team wouldn't you just want to get the hell out of there and get back home? I suspect now you'll turn your whining to Spygate and continue to blow that out of proportion.
  • BillBill February 2008
    The catch Tyree made late in the forth quarter during what ended up being the winning drive is enough in of itself to make sure the Giants are remembered for winning this superbowl. Aside from that, they'll likely also be remembered simply for being the underdogs that beat what was/will be considered the best, or at least one of the best, teams to ever play the game.

So, to be honest, claiming that it'll be remembered as the superbowl the pats lost doesn't really take any of the sweetness out of the victory, and somehow I doubt it takes any of the sting out of defeat either.

Bill
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo February 2008
    Anyone catch the Puppy Bowl? image/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
  • PheylanPheylan February 2008
    QUOTE (Gmnotutoo @ Feb 4 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Anyone catch the Puppy Bowl? image/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

No, but Tom Petty rocked.
  • JAmmYJAmmY February 2008
    QUOTE (Magic @ Feb 4 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I still don't know if they're the best team ever -- but they're the best team of this decade. All winning streaks eventually come to an end, just so happened to occur last night. If the Ravens or Eagles had pulled of the upset in the regular season would you think they're the best team? Maybe they would have been for that day -- but over the year not a chance.

I think it's semi-hilarious that this Super Bowl won't be remembered as the Giants winning, but instead the Pats losing. Everyone always says nobody remembers who loses the Super Bowl. I bet a couple years from now if people ask who won Super Bowl 42 a majority (outside of New York) will say "that was the one the Pats lost."

I don't understand why people like Jedd continue to whine about the Pats. Belichick did meet Tom at the 50, he talked to reporters, held a press conference, his players spoke to the media -- what more do you want? If you were on the losing team wouldn't you just want to get the hell out of there and get back home? I suspect now you'll turn your whining to Spygate and continue to blow that out of proportion.

I don't consider them the best team ever. I was just playing on this hype that they ARE the best team ever and that "when" they won the Superbowl that they would without a doubt be the best team ever.

I think they are a great team, that played well together and kept it together. I will never consider them the best team ever, because well that title is hard to give away, and I think NO TEAM deserves that title.
  • vegitotgkvegitotgk February 2008
    I have to say that although the Giants won the game in the end and all, I think the MVP award should have gone to Wes Welker. He had an AMAZING game with 12 or 13 catches and basically kept the Patriots afloat the entire came. There was little production from the other offensive players on the Patriots. Maroney had less than 20 carries for less than 50 yards and Randy Moss had a suprisingly low yardage/catches game.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the fact that Eli and Peyton are the only two brothers to win Superbowls and MVP awards, not mention they did this BACK-TO-BACK which is absolutely ridiculous.

Lastly, Tyree's catch was one for the ages. Amazing

P.S. I'm back image/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
    I wanted Tuck to get the MVP, but it's tough for a player on the defense to get the MVP.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever February 2008
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Feb 5 2008, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I wanted Tuck to get the MVP, but it's tough for a player on the defense to get the MVP.

I thought he should of got it
    waits for dan
    superbowl 42 never happened.
  • dandan February 2008
    Hi, coffee. How's it going?

-dan

p.s. Brandon, l2grammar. It's "should have gotten," not "should of got."
    I like what Strahan said "This is for every team in the NFL" and "The New England Patriots got stomped by us" hahahahah.
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Feb 5 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I like what Strahan said "This is for every team in the NFL" and "The New England Patriots got stomped by us" hahahahah.

if you're going to quote someone, quote what they said correctly.

he said "we stomped you out"

and i didn't know winning by 3pts is a stomping?
    Oh well. Close enough. When you defeat a team that you are an 14 point underdog against, I would say yes. I love how Brady and Moss chose to forgo the Pro Bowl. Shows how much class they have. image/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
    QUOTE (cartoon. @ Feb 6 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    if you're going to quote someone, quote what they said correctly.

he said "we stomped you out"

and i didn't know winning by 3pts is a stomping?

It is if that team was undefeated.

I heard that the Patriots copyrighted the term 19-0. Anyone else hear that or know the validity of that? That'd be embarrassing, eh?
    How is pulling out of the pro bowl classless. The pro bowl is a piece of shit - it's like having a few days of school in the middle of your summer vacation. You just lost the most important game of the season to elisha manning and his citizen eco-drive watch, the majority of the country hates you, and you just made the entire 1972 dolphins orgasm simultaneously when the fourth quarter ended. Would you want to go back a week later and play some more footbawl? and what about the guys who haven't played since december. I bet they're thrilled to play again.

fuck the pro bowl

edit: @ jedd - they also had some books detailing their perfect season.
  • BlackLightBlackLight February 2008
    they're not playing the pro bowl because they already have injuries that were no doubt aggravated during the super bowl; why would they risk next season by playing in a pointless game that could potentially leave them less effective for next year or, even worse, on IR. Look at Drew Brees last year (dislocated his elbow).
  • BillBill February 2008
    In response, yet again, to the last two posts... I truly hope that given the team, or at least part of the teams, excuses as to why they lost/are classless/shouldn't have talked as much shit... Helps sooth the sting of defeat at the hands of a team you were all sure they'd beat three days ago.

Bill

P.S. Half the Giants Defense was fucked up going into the superbowl... Didn't stop them from playing their asses off regardless of whether or not they made the pro bowl... (Only one of them did, btw.)
    Half of the people in my homeroom almost kicked my ass because I said the Gaints were gonn win...lol.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership