Epic Stories anyone?
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever February 2008
    So I been playing as a demoman for the past idk how many days, but just the other day I completely raped the blue team on dustbowl 3rd round. I had 28 kills without a death and went through all the quake sounds and more. I think I had 38 kills over all and died twice. My second death I died right when it said "Overtime".

But I just wanted to state that cuz I had a good time, and finally getting an idea how to play the game better. Just wondering if anyone else is still playing, and if anyone had any stories to tell.
  • dandan February 2008
    Jeed did that before on that stage...he was dominating basically the entire blue team. My record is 23 sentry kills on dustbowl (second stage). I got 12 kills at the first stage, and then 11 more at the second one.

-dan

edit: fixed some grammar :<
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon February 2008
    I went heavy with my friend Godman as my medic, and I took a romp through the blue base on 2fort. I got a string of 31 kills, 8 destructions, 9 dominations (everyone on their team), and then capped the intel and ended the round. The unfortunate thing is, my leader TDMedia demoed the whole thing, but the file got corrupted when his computer crashed right before I capped. Epic fail-win.

Also, fuck demomen. Fuck them in the ass.
    QUOTE (Black Balloon @ Feb 11 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I went heavy with my friend Godman as my medic, and I took a romp through the blue base on 2fort. I got a string of 31 kills, 8 destructions, 9 dominations (everyone on their team), and then capped the intel and ended the round. The unfortunate thing is, my leader TDMedia demoed the whole thing, but the file got corrupted when his computer crashed right before I capped. Epic fail-win.

Also, fuck demomen. Fuck them in the ass.

Demomen are so fucking awesome! The great thing about TF2 is that it is so balanced, every character has a character or 2 that annoys the hell out of them which balances their character. But, if you are good enough with that character you can learn to overcome some of that annoyance.
  • dandan February 2008
    Oh, I had some epic games with medic as well. I ubercharged a friend of mine (a heavy), and he ran into the group of blue players, and punched 3 or 4 of them to death. This was on the same round Jeed dominated, it was the most unfair Red-stack in the history of Team Fortress.

-dan
    QUOTE (dan @ Feb 11 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh, I had some epic games with medic as well. I ubercharged a friend of mine (a heavy), and he ran into the group of blue players, and punched 3 or 4 of them to death.

-dan

That musta been halarious
  • dandan February 2008
    It was. We were on vent, talking about how we should destroy all our sentry guns and stuff, and let them cap the first point, so that we could own them for 10 more minutes at the second cap. Our lowest score would have been second or third on red.

-dan
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Feb 11 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Demomen are so fucking awesome! The great thing about TF2 is that it is so balanced, every character has a character or 2 that annoys the hell out of them which balances their character. But, if you are good enough with that character you can learn to overcome some of that annoyance.

I have no particular problem with any class. I can play all of them, and beat all of them. Some of the demoman's mechanics are just a little on the lame side. The only way I can get past a decent one as a heavy is to get my friend to uber me and then punch the prick in the chin.

As for balance, I think the pyros became a little less useful with updates. They're great for spy detection and everything, but I find myself just running around with the shotgun most of the time now when I play one. The actual fire damage was reduced, while the burning effect was lengthened. I'm very much a reckless, in-your-face player, so it was great for me the other way around. I don't care enough to burn a guy for a little bit and then run and just use the shotgun; there's no art in that.

And crits. I hate elements of luck like that. Damn soldiers always seem to pop a crit rocket right in my face and there's nothing I can do about it. They're turned off in my server for being completely unnecessary; it forces people to rely on them for kills sometimes, detracting from the overall skill-based experience. Opinions?
  • JAmmYJAmmY February 2008
    My epic story.

I got TF2. Played 4 days to a week. Computer Died, and haven't played it since.

Epic loss.
    My heart goes out to you, sir.
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Feb 12 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My epic story.

I got TF2. Played 4 days to a week. Computer Died, and haven't played it since.

Epic loss.

That sucks
  • GachiGachi February 2008
    FD TF2 Server? image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • dandan February 2008
    Nah. I spend most of my TF2 time on the GNG servers, you guys should check them out!

-dan
    I have my own server.

And I still want you guys to join all of us at DBD there some time. Actually, one of our members only just found out today that your CS server went down when we were messing around in gungame, and he got all depressed; "Man, those guys were cool...CS sucks now."
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership