The Solution to All of Our Problems
  • GovernorGovernor February 2008
    I have been thinking about all of the bad things in this country -- the debt, the inflation, the reliance on social programs, the failing school systems, the lack of focus on environmental issues, the rising costs of higher education, race conflicts, gender conflicts, sexual preference conflicts, the very non-separation of church and state, the illegal and costly wars that do nothing to help any part of the American way of life, security, or financial freedoms, the lack of any long term goals for politics in this country, the corruption of our polling methods, the stifling of technological advancement. The amount of serious problems we have is decidedly overwhelming. However, I think I have finally thought of a good solution:

Do not allow anyone from the baby boomer generation to hold public office, lobby, contribute to any political campaign, or vote. Seriously, they've never done anything good for our country or the world, they've done a ton of bad, and I'm not entirely unconvinced that they didn't travel back in time in order to topple the roman empire, start the catholic church, usher in the dark ages, and murder every good person that was ever murdered in the past.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton February 2008
    I'm moving to England, Japan, or Australia.
  • romerashromerash February 2008
    blame canada
  • NunesNunes February 2008
    I hear Finland listens to really good Metal
  • romerashromerash February 2008
    how on earth are the beatles #1 in canada?
    idk but Linkin Park has a lock down on the bloc nations
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo February 2008
    California: Beattles, Zeppelin, Eagles, U2, Pink Floyd as the top five bands.
  • dandan February 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Feb 21 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have been thinking about all of the bad things in this country -- the debt, the inflation, the reliance on social programs, the failing school systems, the lack of focus on environmental issues, the rising costs of higher education, race conflicts, gender conflicts, sexual preference conflicts, the very non-separation of church and state, the illegal and costly wars that do nothing to help any part of the American way of life, security, or financial freedoms, the lack of any long term goals for politics in this country, the corruption of our polling methods, the stifling of technological advancement. The amount of serious problems we have is decidedly overwhelming. However, I think I have finally thought of a good solution:

Do not allow anyone from the baby boomer generation to hold public office, lobby, contribute to any political campaign, or vote. Seriously, they've never done anything good for our country or the world, they've done a ton of bad, and I'm not entirely unconvinced that they didn't travel back in time in order to topple the roman empire, start the catholic church, usher in the dark ages, and murder every good person that was ever murdered in the past.

I endorse this product and/or service.

-dan
  • coffeecoffee February 2008
    QUOTE (romerash @ Feb 21 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    how on earth are the beatles #1 in canada?

beatles are like the bestselling band of all time !! (i didn't research that so don't call me out)
    They do appear in almost every county on that lists top 10.
  • BillBill February 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Feb 21 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every single one of your points is not correct. Reliance on social programs, your number one pick there, gets it's start from FDR, who was not a boomer.

More or less, as a generation, every generation has done nothing but fuck things up. The generation that won world war one went and caused world war two by being too hard on Germany with their post war punishments and creating an environment that allows someone like Hitler to get into power.. The civil war, which maintained the Union and essentially freed the slaves, though that wasn't the real reason for the war, forced the south into a depression the likes of which we've only seen once again. Etc.

Basically, every generation thinks the generation before them fucked it all up, and that THEY are going to be the ones who fix it. The boomers thought the same thing. So, really, you're just one more step on the road towards being them, in your own special little (emphasized) way.
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob February 2008
    There has been a research on thoughs of baby boomers and thoughts of the 19-31 generation in my province. The baby boomers think we are incompetents and that we are going to make the whole thing sink, the youngers think they made it hell and that we are going to fix everything. The problem is not about any particular generation. It's about the way people think life works, no one is perfect but really there is place for amelioration, stop being greedy, always think about what you do because it has consequences. If everyone cared about what they cause, life would be better.
  • GovernorGovernor February 2008
    I'm glad people took this topic seriously.
  • Black+BalloonBlack Balloon February 2008
    It was a modest proposal in a completely non-canonical sort of way.
  • redboneredbone February 2008
    Lets just eat the babies was better.
  • BackseatBackseat February 2008
    baby boomers will die eventually.
    give them time.
  • scrubblescrubble February 2008
    my parents wouldn't be too happy about this.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership