Udate: Video!?
  • IrnIrn February 2008
    so my thoughts on the video...

impressive. the graphics are looking very crisp, the cities look great! it seems to have a very real feel to it. the mounts are pretty smooth looking as well. i'm just very glad to see some animations and real content... not that i've been doubting, but its good to prove some of those vaporware claimers wrong, it's hard to argue with that video. anyways.... i dont really kno wut to say, everythings been pretty well summed up 1000 times over on the df forums already image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • BillBill February 2008
    I'm more inclined to believe it's not vaporware now, than I was before. And I look forward to the game.

Bill
  • GachiGachi February 2008
    Looks real impressive. Did anyone ever fill out a "clan beta test" form? Anyone know of an ETA of release?
  • IrnIrn February 2008
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Feb 23 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Looks real impressive. Did anyone ever fill out a "clan beta test" form? Anyone know of an ETA of release?

sadly... DF never went to beta. They pulled it back, and the "clan beta test" was never done. They have said recently they hope for a release by the end of the year... but somehow i'm skeptical of that, seeing how they aren't even in beta yet, and haven't announced a date for that either. My personal guess (which really means nothing, EVERYONE is in the dark...) would be beta within 2-3 months, and full release by Q2 of next year. *crosses fingers* here's hoping...
  • GachiGachi February 2008
    Wow, that stinks. This game looks like it can be enjoyed far better than WoW was.
  • IrnIrn February 2008
    yeah it does. but honestly if this game ends up being half of what they promise it will be, i'd wait for 10 years for this game! i sure hope we dont have to... but whatever! image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • carto0ncarto0n February 2008
    i just pee'd myself.

for real.
  • romerashromerash February 2008
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Feb 24 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow, that stinks. This game looks like it can be enjoyed far better than WoW was.

I can't see anything in that trailer that makes it more enjoyable than WoW, I can give you a shopping list of games that had amazing graphics but failed.
  • carto0ncarto0n February 2008
    imo the graphics look shitty, same with wow.....the gameplay is what will make or break this game, not the graphics
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob February 2008
    Gameplay is far more important than graphics.
  • IrnIrn February 2008
    gameplay is definatly number one in any mmo. but i will say the graphics on here were impressive. there's no way i'd compare that with WoW. first it'd be kinda like comparing apples to oranges anyways, cuz wow goes for a much more "cartoony" kind of graphics style... just kind of fake looking... vs. the df video we saw, they appear to be aiming for a much more real world type simulated graphics. two very different styles, both fine in their own right. but imo, i would in no way say these look worse, or even the same as wow's graphics.

with that said, again, the gameplay is what it all comes down to, and that remains to be seen until beta and/or release.
  • LethaLLethaL March 2008
    the game look interesting, i could try it but i've heard it will be a pay per month game and i'm not really a fan of those type of games
  • carto0ncarto0n March 2008
    QUOTE (LethaL @ Mar 2 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    the game look interesting, i could try it but i've heard it will be a pay per month game and i'm not really a fan of those type of games

as was stated before....it will be pay to play. it will be "right on par with other popular MMO's"

its rumored to be around 10-15 bucks per month to play it. the game is definetly going to be worth a shot to play, even if you "try" it. if the hype is true, 10-15 will be a bargain for hours of fun imo.
  • IrnIrn March 2008
    yeah, i agree entirely on being worth it for the time you probally put into it, however obviously not everyone has the same outlook as i do. But the way i see it is, say it's 15/month (lets hope not even that!), even at 15, that's what, 2 trips to subway a month. or less than one movie date with your girlfriend. there's so much over a course of a month that most people blow way more than that amount of money on, to get way less out of it. for me personally, i kno i would play an mmo like this for... well... a shit ton of hours a month lol. so i can eat a ham sandwich at home twice a month instead of that trip to subway and play an mmo instead image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • June 2009 Edit
    I have no idea what any of those specs mean but Im shure it is important to now all of that stuff. any way I was looking at the on it how do you tell all the stuff that you will need to buy the right card?
  • BlackLightBlackLight June 2009
    graphics look only mildly better than Morrowind, but I could give a fuck if the gameplay is as good as promised. last good mmo i played was fucking ultima online
  • QUOTE (BlackLight @ Jun 18 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    graphics look only mildly better than Morrowind, but I could give a fuck if the gameplay is as good as promised. last good mmo i played was fucking ultima online

i'm curious if you watched this when it originally posted in feb, then came back and thought it was a new video then noticed improvements that weren't there =\
  • BlackLightBlackLight June 2009
    never saw this in feb or i would've posted silly
  • lies
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership