If you like vertical shooters...
  • One of my friends linked me to this particular Japanese vertical shooter that never got published.

If you beat this on Lunatic, your balls are massive

The fun from these kinds of games is playing it on the hardest difficulty (in this case, Lunatic) on regular (not practice), and using no continue bullshit.

Basic controls. Z to fire, X to use a special ability, arrow keys to move. Shift does something, too, but I haven't bothered testing out the whole game yet. By the way, when you open the window, click on the image first, then use the arrow keys to select things, as it is layered rather than embedded. Good luck.

Edit: Shift changes your combat mode. It slows you down but focuses your shots; good for taking down bosses. Also, moving near the top of the screen allows all of your bullets to auto-lock onto any enemy on screen and blow the living hell out of them, and it makes all dropped upgrade card things warp directly to you so you don't have to dick around picking them up. Also, I have only played the first character; if some of this information doesn't apply, say as much.
  • FoowankoFoowanko March 2008
    This is a 100% direct rip-off of Imperishable Night, which is fucking IMPOSSIBLE, even on easy.

But yeah, fun shit.
  • PotatoPotato March 2008
    i love bullet hells and shmups!
    also, it is extremely like the Touhou Project games. i.e.: Imperishable Night, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Shoot the Bullet etc.
    I only have Imperishable night, I want the others but didn't know their names.
  • I'd practically forgotten about this. Beat it on Lunatic; 450 million. Afformentioned friend took it upon himself to beat all the Japanese players, and scored 912 mil. It's all just bullet pattern recognition. Keep in mind that your hitbox is incredibly small.
    QUOTE (Foowanko @ Mar 29 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I only have Imperishable night, I want the others but didn't know their names.

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&am...ction=downloads

embodiment for free
    It is a pattern shooter, but when you press arrow keys and move X frames, it's hard to judge when you are moving too far and fly right into a bullet.

Also. awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership