I like Smash Brothers
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo March 2008
    Anyone wanna play over wifi?
  • Retr0%5ERetr0^ March 2008
    oh my god i played that drunk the other night and it was amazing... I laughed so hard at king dedede.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton March 2008
    Wii Number: 8603 2163 8925 4997
    Smash Friend Code: 0516-7054-1695

lotsa <3
  • PotatoPotato March 2008
    Friend Code: 2621-2270-2305
  • dandan March 2008
    QUOTE (Retr0^ @ Mar 15 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    oh my god i played that drunk the other night and it was amazing... I laughed so hard at king dedede.

I did the same. Dedede is hilariously awesome.

-dan
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    try playing online now suckers. Nintendo somehow didn't anticipate the fact that millions of copies of brawl would sell in 2 weeks... so they didn't up their bandwidth and lo! The coolest new feature of brawl, online play, suddenly becomes less than realistic... at least for the time being.
  • ScabdatesScabdates March 2008
    Melee > Brawl
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Mar 19 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Melee > Brawl

Have you played Brawl?
  • dandan March 2008
    The original (for N64) was clearly the best, because Ness was incredibly OP.

-dan
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    brawl seemed really slow... no wave dashing, or L-cancelling? sounds like a step back... and what did they add besides more characters and levels. And all the characters they added are re-hashes of older characters... (i.e. Lucas, Lecurio or whatever the hell his name is). After the huge step up in gameplay in melee I expected more than just some more content and a few more (mostly useless) moves as well as a bunch of really gimped abilities.

Ganondorf's down+B kick used to be a free kill against an underprepared opponent because it went off so fast. Now he does a little dance first? wtf? Maybe if all the characters were slow this wouldn't be so awful, but then you have Pit. I'm going to call Pit the sword-o-tron 9000 because that guy's got pointy ends wherever you want them... whenever you want them. How are you supposed to take on somebody who's movespeed is faster and who has upwards of 10 attacks that are faster than your fastest?

I understand that they didn't want to just make the same game, and there were a lot of gameplay changes between ssb and ssbm... but unless there's new ways to move around I'm not impressed.
    Is it just me, or was the game balanced until Sonic showed up?

BROKEN CHARACTER.

He's like the Marth of Brawl.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, he got slowed down and his counter doesn't last as long. same with Sheik, sans the counter.
    Sonic isn't that good from what I've experienced. Maybe I just haven't fought a good enough sonic player. He's a fun character, but his moves are unimpressive.
  • ScabdatesScabdates March 2008
    Kirby is the only character in any Smash Bros. game that doesn't suck.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo March 2008
    Basically saying; Link, Mario, Yoshi, Snake, Sonic, Samus, and pokemon suck. :/ you suck.
  • Brawl was made to piss off the tourneyfags.

Ganondorf really seems to be stronger than ever, comparatively. Yes Pit is a total fag and beats everyone due to sheer ghey, but Ganondorf's staple moves like Dash+A, Aerial Back/Forward A, and Forward B are still incredibly reliable and stronger than ever. Because the game's overall tempo is slowed down from Melee, the power characters have a greater advantage. It used to be the speed characters would wear them down hard by running circles around them, but now the speed gaps have been narrowed for a lot of characters, and it's not possible for them to stand up to the fat dickings that Ganon passes out.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    A. Kirby sucked in all the smashes because his airmoves are dick. his dash move is weak and takes a year and a half (we called it the Tee-ball maneuver in melee)
    B. I want to know what kinds of movement tricks their are in this game. There have to be some exploits you can work into your movement. Once I know these I may consider changing my mind about the game...
    C. Canondorf is very very very strong. But his air move's utility is gimped because you can't shffl them. They are stronger than in melee yes. But Manondorf's pwnyness was really derived from your ability to MAKE him fast. his moves happend pretty quick so if you can get him to move across the level quickly and accurately he suddenly became useful. Take that away and he's up a creek.
  • The thing is they didn't take his speed away. The pacing of the game was changed, lowering the speed of the characters that were more fleet of foot. I still think Banondorf has great reaction time on his moves; powerful, up close, speedy, wide-ranged, versatile ass-kickers. He doesn't have to catch his opponents. Just cut them off if they're range-whoring, and grab the first strike with a quick air attack or dash+A.

And yeah, Kirby sucks massive wang.
    i thought kirby was decent in the original smash bros, he was good for juggling bitches.

also, add me to your friend list and vice-versa.

2621-2270-2305
  • No idea who you're talking to, if anyone in particular. Anyway, I can't; I don't own the game or the system. I just play it when a college buddy brings it down with him. When he gets down here for Spring Break I intend to buy him a net connection thingy, and you can just play him or something. He's better than me anyway; tourny player from Melee and all that.
    i was addressing everyone. also, a tourney player would tear through me. i'd say in a 5 stock match, i'd get 1 kill on him/her.
    I added you earlier Potato (after I read your first post in this thread), and if you ever want to get your Smash on, I'd like to try the friend play.
    QUOTE (Jedd @ Mar 22 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I added you earlier Potato (after I read your first post in this thread), and if you ever want to get your Smash on, I'd like to try the friend play.

i added yours but it still says "Pending" or "Awaiting Approval" or something like that.
    I don't know what that means. QQ.
    I think we have to be on at the same time or something, it'll happen eventually.
    wi-fi sucks anyways. LAG G G G G G G G G Y as shit.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    yep. Nintendo somehow didn't foresee a billion people all buying smash and playing on wifi. So they didn't prepare for the launch date by beefing up their bandwidth. It's an excusable mistake except Microsoft made it earlier this year right after the christmas boom. There was an xbox live outage for a while and they gave everyone a free copy of undertow to say sorry. A shitty apology but that's not the point. The point is that should have sent a clear message to the console industry that if you plan on having a shit load more users on the network you should probably give them a little more space to play.
  • FoowankoFoowanko March 2008
    I play in tourneys and I'm so glad they got rid of l-cancel + wavedash. Honest to God, kids ruin tournaments by pulling off those stupid azn moves. And they don't even do it right! I can't do it for shit, and these guys try this garbage and sd themselves plenty of times.

Brawl > Melee by FAR

Though sheik got nerfed, I like sheik image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I use Ike all the freaking time. Ike is a pretty cool guy, eh hits hard and doesn't afraid of anything.

I have my friend code written down somewhere but I can't deal with the lag over wi-fi atm.
  • I dunno. I kinda liked the presentation of melee more. Moves seemed to be more distinct, despite being a faster-paced game.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership