Will I still have my job?
  • mungomungo March 2008
    For those of you that follow the current state of the economy in this debt-ridden financial world.

This is my job for when I graduate. I'm set to start July 7th as an equity trader for Lehman Brothers.
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2008
    I THINK you should be fine....I mean the baby boomers will be retiring soon...I hope so there should be more openings up soon for current jobs wouldn't it?
  • JAmmYJAmmY March 2008
    Yes because that is my birthday, so you get special privilages. I really don't know how that works, but that is my reasoning.
  • dandan March 2008
    Heh. The Jew is working with money. Somehow, I'm not surprised.

-dan
  • scrubblescrubble March 2008
    it's not looking good for Lehman.

New York Fed called on banks to support Lehman Brothers - report
    March 18, 2008: 04:40 AM EST

LONDON, Mar. 18, 2008 (Thomson Financial delivered by Newstex) -- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York urged leading US financial institutions to support Lehman Brothers (NYSE:LEH) in order to preserve financial stability, according to a report in the Daily Telegraph, citing unnamed sources.

The paper said it understood the New York Fed contacted key executives at a number of leading banks, including Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) and Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) , to discuss Lehman's situation over the weekend.

By yesterday morning, the banks' prime brokerage departments were 'under strict instructions not to do or say anything in the market that could damage Lehman'.

The New York Fed declined to comment on the matter, the Telegraph said.

• I'd have to say the situation looks kind of bleak, but the starting date is also still kind of far off, so things still have a bit of time to improve. Or get a whole hell of a lot worse. If it's of great and pressing concern, I'd suggest you work on getting something else opened up, keep some opportunities available.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    I have no opinion until Mungo brings back his sexy avatar.
  • PotatoPotato March 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Mar 19 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have no opinion until Mungo brings back his sexy avatar.

the boobs or the purple creature?
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob March 2008
    The boobs are cartoon's. Anything can happen from now to july 7th. Of course looking up for something else in case is not forbidden.
  • xemplarxemplar March 2008
    QUOTE (BlueBoxBob @ Mar 20 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The boobs are cartoon's. Anything can happen from now to july 7th. Of course looking up for something else in case is not forbidden.

I thought the purple creature was?
  • carto0ncarto0n March 2008
    <----
  • You'll always have a job at the gay barz! We all noes it! Especially with the forest of man hair you have!
  • EvestayEvestay April 2008
    the stock went up 20% today so there must be some good news image/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership