Xbox 360 Live
  • AnotherevilAnotherevil March 2008
    SO i'm buying an Xbox 360 for my birthday / congratulations of getting into college.

Now I'm not sure how things work so I had a couple of questions.

Does the Silver Live Membership work to play online or you need to Gold one? Plus, the Xbox 360 i was looking at came with 512 Memory. Is that fast enough or no or do i need external hard drive?

Give me stuff I should do cuz im kinda confused.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    the memory is for saving games LOL its not ram. and it depends. usually games take about 300kb to 2mb worth, but certain games like forza will run you 35mb. you'll run out extremely quickly if you are going to download arcade games, demos, patches, or buy extras. ive got a 20gig and its already only got 11gigs left and i only got this thing for like 5 months. basically, 512 will do, but not a safe bet if u want to experience everything online.

you need a gold membership to play multiplayer games.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    You definitely want the gold membership. It's just like 50 bucks a year and you're fucked without it. You can't play some games online or download some games at all. Some downloadable content for games isn't available and IT'S ONLY 50 BUCKS A YEAR...

You'll probably also wish you'd blown the extra money on the bigger drive too... but that's up to you.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 March 2008
    i've had the 20GB hard drive since day 1 and never fallen below 11GB. the big one is completely unnecessary
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    Interesting Anotherevil.

I am selling my Xbox 360 with 20gb HD. It will come with 2 Microsoft wireless controllers, the original xbox 360 box, wireless headset that comes with it from factory, Nyko rechargeable battery packs (2) with recharger, and 3 games (Madden 08, Halo 3, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

I bought the system in Nov 07 and played a few times with friends from work (mostly Vegas), but after that, I stopped and it just sits now. I'm more of a pc gamer than a console gamer.

PM me if your interested. You'd be saving a few hundred.
    i remember seeing you online gachi, your name was weak, and your gamerscore was much, much weaker
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    lmfao, you were barely online jimmah. You never played with us either.
    bc when you were playing that game was already old, i was playing other games
  • azn+mikeazn mike March 2008
    no it's cuz jimmy's gay.
    Got that sucker!

Gachi, wanna sell me the games?
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    Yeah, for $400 which includes everything I told you about. I won't part it out.
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Mar 23 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, for $400 which includes everything I told you about. I won't part it out.

Well I got the Xbox 360 so i dont need the whole thing. But it's cool if you don't want to part it.
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    couldnt talk your dad into it?
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Mar 23 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    couldnt talk your dad into it?

Pretty much no. Plus, I got it so meh w/e. Trust me, your deal was sweet. Shit i would have taken it, but ah well.

Need money for games now image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    he's not doing you a favor, hes just trying to get rid of his 360. cus for $400, i can get everything he talked about brand new, except halo3 and madden 08. so i dont see where the "deal" is.
  • FoowankoFoowanko March 2008
    This thread is now about gamertags

Me: foowanko
    QUOTE (Tom @ Mar 26 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    he's not doing you a favor, hes just trying to get rid of his 360. cus for $400, i can get everything he talked about brand new, except halo3 and madden 08. so i dont see where the "deal" is.

Well Halo3 and Madden08 is $120 right there so there is a deal aint there now?
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    Tom, maybe you can get a refurb unit and setup for that, but lets look at retail cost.

Xbox 360 Prem w/ 20gb HD: $350
    Microsoft Wireless Controller: $50
    Halo 3: $60
    Madden 08: $60
    R6 Vegas: $40 (was $60)
    Nyko recharger w/ 2 batteries: $30

hmm, $590-620

I don't know why I'm bothering explaining to you, because you're an idiot who thinks he's good at CS and thinks he's better than everyone else. Stop being a fag and get back to the real world, ego boy.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    only idiots pay those prices. im calling you out on a bad deal. no1 on ebay will pay those prices for ur package. you don't con another donut.
    QUOTE (Tom @ Mar 26 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    only idiots pay those prices. im calling you out on a bad deal. no1 on ebay will pay those prices for ur package. you don't con another donut.

I'm sure he's not conning me.

• GachiGachi March 2008
    Once again, you're an idiot. If I had wanted to put it on Ebay, I would have. If I had asked for your opinion, I would have. Anotherevil's father didn't want to buy it from Ebay, so he paid RETAIL.

To sum this up: Go offer your opinion where it may be useful because here it isn't, and Anotherevil has already confirmed that. Also, If I wanted to "con" someone, I'd put it back in the original box I have, and tell them it was a brand new unit and sell it for higher.
    My dad paid 550 for the console, an extra controller, recharging stuff, and Orange box.

trust me, with the games and everything, Gachi had a good deal going on!
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    I don't think my opinions are meant for you.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    for anotherevil:

Buy.com 360 -$10 affiliate coupon, $340 shipped
    Buy.com Nyko 360 charger + batteries - $10 googlecheckout, $21 shipped
    Buy.com 360 controller - $10 googlecheckout, $30 shipped
    Buy.com Vegas - $10 googlecheckout, $20 shipped

Total comes to $411 shipped.

yes, you can use googlecheckout's $10 off multiple times with different email addresses
    you can get madden 08 for $40 and halo3 for $50 so it'd be $500 if you want them new.

At the time of my purchase, the affiliate coupon was $25 off, so I paid $325 for my 360, not $340. So now it's a little over $400. I got a check from a affiliate sign up offer for a free 360 elite for $530. So I basically bought a 360 for $325 (which came with forza2 and ultimate alliance), an extra controller for $40, gh3 for $90 and had enough money left to pay for a third of my sisters wii. If you don't believe me, call chuck. He was here when I got my check and shopped for my 360.

So yes. If I can get a 360 premium with 2 games, plus the nyko, extra controller, and vegas for $411, everything brand new, I would consider Gachi's deal a rip off. Especially since gamestop has premium used 360s selling at 240, and stuff like used charger and controller lose half their value.
  • NunesNunes March 2008
    Hey now. You're both right in a way. Yes, Tom is right. You can get the same package for cheaper online if you're looking in the right place. However to say that Gachi is ripping us off is a bit of an overstatement. He's offering a pretty solid package for a significant markdown from retail. Now can we all be friends again?
  • cutchinscutchins March 2008
    ebola gives me boners that are quite large.
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    Just a heads up, from what I was told by an employee at Gamestop, some of the 360s they're selling are refurbs that were fixed for the ring of death issue in the past.

btw, using multiple email address on google checkout in order to gain more monetary discounts, is a way of ripping off someone, or a business in that matter. So who's the one ripping off who?

• mungomungo March 2008
    I think it's time Gachi removes his Ron Paul signature.
  • coffeecoffee March 2008
    you could say that gachi's deal was a ripoff.

another way to say it would be that gachi was trying to take advantage of someone.

and yet another way would be that gachi wanted to take advantage of a boy by luring him into the basement with an xbox360.

you know i love you gachi
  • GachiGachi March 2008
    lmao, I tried the popsicle method but it wasn't working. I watched and watched Family Guy but never got the grip of the old man's method.

btw, Ron Paul ftw. :\
  • xemplarxemplar March 2008
    QUOTE (Gachi @ Mar 27 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just a heads up, from what I was told by an employee at Gamestop, some of the 360s they're selling are refurbs that were fixed for the ring of death issue in the past.

btw, using multiple email address on google checkout in order to gain more monetary discounts, is a way of ripping off someone, or a business in that matter. So who's the one ripping off who?

ring of death sucks ass. :/
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) April 2008
    this thread is highly entertaining!

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership