What are the best gaming headphones?
  • mungomungo March 2008
    Title says it all.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    not my ipod headphones, i'll tell you that much
  • For the most part, logitech USB stuff works pretty well. A bit flimsy, though. I have a huge head.
  • carto0ncarto0n March 2008
    i use Everglide S-500's....best gaming headset ive owned to date, and pretty durable
  • BillBill March 2008
    Icemat Siberias

Comfortable, great sound, decent mic.

• mungomungo March 2008
    I don't need a mic attached, I already have one.

So far the research says the Barracuda's are the best. But what do you guys think? Those, or should I just replace my bose triport headphones?
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    For counter-strike, the Icemat Siberias are actually better to pinpoint an enemy's footsteps. However, unlike the Barracudas, they are stereo, not 5.1 surround. If you're looking to use the headphones also for listening to music or watching movies, the Barracuda is a great choice. Otherwise, save some money, hear more accurate footsteps, and buy the Siberias.

Also note: the Icemat Siberia's plastic casing is a piece of shit. It started falling apart within a few days. You can easily keep it together with some electrical tape (I think Phil was doing the same thing to his), but keep in mind that its about as sturdy as Hillary Clinton's records. The Razer on the other hand will take some punishment before succumbing to your abuse.
  • TrueBelieverTrueBeliever March 2008
    QUOTE (Tom @ Mar 24 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For counter-strike, the Icemat Siberias are actually better to pinpoint an enemy's footsteps. However, unlike the Barracudas, they are stereo, not 5.1 surround. If you're looking to use the headphones also for listening to music or watching movies, the Barracuda is a great choice. Otherwise, save some money, hear more accurate footsteps, and buy the Siberias.

Also note: the Icemat Siberia's plastic casing is a piece of shit. It started falling apart within a few days. You can easily keep it together with some electrical tape (I think Phil was doing the same thing to his), but keep in mind that its about as sturdy as Hillary Clinton's records. The Razer on the other hand will take some punishment before succumbing to your abuse.

Icemat (now steelseries) Siberias all the way! They are awesome for gaming and great for music too. I don't know how peoples Icemats are breaking, but mine never broke; I had them for about 1.5 years now I believe. I dropped them, yanked them by the cord, and wore them in the rain (going to class) and they never broke, to me they are very durable. I did get these a while after Phil and C.J. did, so maybe in between my set and theirs they fixed that part.
  • cutchinscutchins March 2008
    yep. siberias are the best. the end.
    If you are willing to spend a little more I heard SENNHEISER HD555 are a great set, but they don't come with a mic.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    QUOTE (True Believer @ Mar 24 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Icemat (now steelseries) Siberias all the way! They are awesome for gaming and great for music too. I don't know how peoples Icemats are breaking, but mine never broke; I had them for about 1.5 years now I believe. I dropped them, yanked them by the cord, and wore them in the rain (going to class) and they never broke, to me they are very durable. I did get these a while after Phil and C.J. did, so maybe in between my set and theirs they fixed that part.

Well, I don't know which version you're talking about, but Phil, CJ, and I all have this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826249008 which has the cheapest plastic casing and wire wrapping. The new one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826249022 on the other hand looks like it'll live through a nuke.
    I'm not a real big fan of the new one for the fact that people said it is uncomfortable/ start to fall off after a while of play.
  • BillBill March 2008
    I've got the old style siberias too and they haven't fallen apart on me at all... Yet. Knock on wood.

Bill
  • You're not trying hard enough.
  • ebolaebola March 2008
    gentle elephant.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership