Gimp or Photoshop whatever
  • neocronneocron April 2008
    So my dumb sister took some pictures with the camera and without the flash so they have turned out pretty dark, just wondering if either of these apps have a decent function to enhance brightness in the photos?

Anyone that has seen my previous donut enteries for sigs and contests will know I'm pretty talentless when it comes to using photoshop or anything else. I kick it old school on paint.

• GovernorGovernor April 2008
    I recently went pirate-free on my computer, so I installed gimp as a photoshop alternative. I'm usually a huge open source fan, but gimp is awful. It has the most unintuitive, impractical user interface I've ever seen on a modern application.

I don't think that necessarily answers your question, but I figured I'd give what little input I had.
  • crazyd1415crazyd1415 April 2008
    brightness and contrast. then maybe hue and saturation. they also have auto correct features which may help. manual might be better though.
    QUOTE (Governor @ Apr 7 2008, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I recently went pirate-free on my computer, so I installed gimp as a photoshop alternative. I'm usually a huge open source fan, but gimp is awful. It has the most unintuitive, impractical user interface I've ever seen on a modern application.

I don't think that necessarily answers your question, but I figured I'd give what little input I had.

Yeah its not the best but I really can't be bothered to steal Photshop. I do next to no graphics work what so ever so I just make do with gimp for a few things like resizing images.

Thanks Crazy I'll have a fiddle about with it I guess.
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) April 2008
    photoshop comes with a side program that's photo specific.

if you can find eye redness correction, you'll find a brightness feature there
    spanking you, I might have to have a look for photoshop
  • 0%3Duid%28root%290=uid(root) April 2008
    but seriously [professionals included] it's so powerful there's about 80% of it that people don't use or know it even exists..

not the program but the features
  • You may not have the photoshop talent, but you're a fiend on paint Neo!

image/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />
    I'm the Di Vinci of paint, no doubt about it. By the way saw American Psycho for the first time yesterday, hell of a film!
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership