Favorite Computer Case
  • What is everyone's favorite computer case (or computer case company) and why?

I have been looking into the mountain mod cases, especially their U2-UFO case.

These cases are made for great amounts of air cooling. They are damn expensive, but looking forward to use the U2-UFO case for my next rig =P
  • GovernorGovernor May 2008
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.as...-104-030-08.jpg

I challenge anyone to find a more aesthetically pleasing case.
  • haha
  • ebolaebola May 2008
    chuck had 1 of those. i can't say i liked it. =/
  • ebolaebola May 2008
    I got the 534 version of that case and I love it too dan image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
  • PsychoBudPsychoBud May 2008
    http://www.xpcgear.com/acryliccaserd.html

my latest purchase, arrives tomorrow or the next day, I plan to do some custom engraving on it, as well
  • LethaLLethaL May 2008
    QUOTE (PsychoBud @ May 6 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my latest purchase, arrives tomorrow or the next day, I plan to do some custom engraving on it, as well

i wanted this tower few months ago but i decided to save my money and keep my computer case

Let me know how it worked out
    will do, planning on doing UV lights inside and orange UV reactive fluid in the water cooling system, as well as the normal UV reactive cables and fans and suchlike...should be a pretty little light show in there
  • cutchinscutchins May 2008
    QUOTE (PsychoBud @ May 6 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's the coolest case i've ever seen.
  • GovernorGovernor May 2008
    QUOTE (Tom @ May 6 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    chuck had 1 of those. i can't say i liked it. =/

Well, the computer itself is fairly underpowered, but the case is pretty incredible.

Am I the only one here that finds the Plexiglass and LED look extremely tasteless and even a bit...childish? Out of the cases listed here (aside from the mini), the only case I find even remotely aesthetically appealing is Dan's, and even that would loose any appeal it has to me if it suddenly started glowing blue out of the side like the set of some campy, low-budget alien flick.
  • dandan May 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ May 8 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well, the computer itself is fairly underpowered, but the case is pretty incredible.

Am I the only one here that finds the Plexiglass and LED look extremely tasteless and even a bit...childish? Out of the cases listed here (aside from the mini), the only case I find even remotely aesthetically appealing is Dan's, and even that would loose any appeal it has to me if it suddenly started glowing blue out of the side like the set of some campy, low-budget alien flick.

Mine doesn't light up, I don't have any lights inside it. I'm not a big fan of the plexiglass side, but whatever. It works, that's all that matters.

-dan
    QUOTE (Governor @ May 8 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno, I've always liked the "sci-fi" look of the plexi cases and the lighting. Might be childish of me, but I always thought it added a bit of fun to an otherwise boring boxfull of technology...I just think they should look as fun as they are to use.
  • BrianBrian May 2008
    Personally I love the plexiglass and LED look, though I hate that clear red case.

That said, keep posting cases. I can tell this thread will be one of my first stops when creating my new rig.
    I almost went with a UV reactive blue, but I've done blue so many times I got bored...this time 'round, I'm going with red, orange, and green, variously, and in different uses (green cable sleeves, orange liquid cooling, UV lights, red case and case fans (cold cathode, not LED))
  • FoowankoFoowanko May 2008
    QUOTE (Cheezzypoof @ May 6 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That case is badass.

Very similar to mine except the gigantic fan is on the top instead of front. It's also got 2 fans in the front and back and a whole side of just one fan. Would live to find the case on newegg, but too lazy.
  • QUOTE (coffee @ May 8 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was my original choice, but I changed my mind to the mountain mods case

QUOTE (PsychoBud @ May 9 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I almost went with a UV reactive blue, but I've done blue so many times I got bored...this time 'round, I'm going with red, orange, and green, variously, and in different uses (green cable sleeves, orange liquid cooling, UV lights, red case and case fans (cold cathode, not LED))

I agree with the blue, but the only problem is trying to find other LEDs to match the red. I would get frustrated even if my monitor power glowed blue (which almost all samsungs do).
    switching out LEDS is not an issue...it's simple enough to do.
  • MeatonMeaton May 2008
    I dont care mine the best out there.. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> j/k
  • QUOTE (PsychoBud @ May 11 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    switching out LEDS is not an issue...it's simple enough to do.

any well done how to websites out there for that?
  • maliskmalisk May 2008

mine in its birthday suit. I guess you could say my vid card is fire-hazard red...
    QUOTE (True Believer @ May 13 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    any well done how to websites out there for that?

couldn't find one, was a local guy who taught me.

you undo the tape over the pin, you desolder the wire from the LED, extract the LED, remove with a simple tug, replace, and reverse steps 1 and 2.
  • dandan May 2008
    Malisk, that rig is so ghetto. I love it.

-dan
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership