vista sucks
  • dandan May 2008
    I'm re-re-upgrading to XP. I updated my mobo drivers last night, and now my network card won't work. I also somehow cannot re-install the old drivers, or install new ones. It also almost didn't let me format the drive, but I found a way to hack that. I'm so disappointed how badly my vista experience has been.

Also, my work laptop is baller.

-dan
  • ErlingErling May 2008
    Vista rocks unless you're an effin' noob.
  • romerashromerash May 2008
    yearsbehind.com

upgrade to xp
  • dandan May 2008
    QUOTE (romerash @ May 20 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yearsbehind.com

upgrade to xp

Erling, I'm fed up with needing to tinker with my drivers almost weekly to keep everything running smoothly. Ramy, I'm on it. I'd say lets play dota, but I won't have WC3 installed until like 10:30, and that's too late to start a game.

-dan
  • MagicMagic May 2008
    I've had Vista for about a year now and haven't had any problems.
  • dandan May 2008
    Well, I received a lot of advice when picking out my computer. Unfortunately, most of it was from Kibler, who is an idiot. The MSI motherboard I bought did not come with drivers compatible with vista, nor were vista drivers available from their website. I've been trying to find drivers on the nVidia website, but I can't find the exact model. Most of what I had worked fairly well, but one of the recent updates just sent everything to hell. I've also had issues with my sound card just deciding to not work randomly. None of these issues were apparent when I was running XP. Whatever, as soon as I can get Wine to work with WC3 and Steam (I know it says it should, but I never had success with it), I'm gonna run Ubuntu as my main OS.

-dan
  • QUOTE (Magic @ May 20 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I've had Vista for about a year now and haven't had any problems.

My roommate has vista also, and he doesnt have problems at all with it (except for occasional slowness which I think sp1 improved that slightly). He says he actually enjoys the extra security features. But for the months I been with him, he has not had any true errors or random reboots.
  • cutchinscutchins May 2008
    I think it has a lot to do with whether or not you're buying a PC with Vista preinstalled or building a PC yourself and installing vista on it. If you're buying the PC built already then ofcourse you shouldn't have any problems with vista, they (usually) won't sell you a PC that doesn't work. They're only using parts and brands proven to work on Vista. But if you're building it yourself, it's up to you to get it running.
  • Most products are vista certified by now. They started making vista certified products many months b4 the release of vista.
  • That Vista Ready campaign was deceitful though. If it could run ANY version of Vista including the dumbed down one that had less features than XP, it had that sticker on it. So that label they put on there wasn't very useful.

Anyway, if you want to run a new OS (by Microsoft), you should always check out the parts you are buying with that in mind.
  • MeatonMeaton May 2008
    I been running vista for a long time .. image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thanks to kibler lol image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i not had any issues with it.. no errors or reboot out of know where.. The system it running is my custom built PC.. so i know what in it will work and if there are any issues i know what to look for to fix it and such image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Vista in my own words seem very good image/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• romerashromerash May 2008
    QUOTE (Erling @ May 20 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Vista rocks unless you're an effin' noob.

Which is why you're never on vent and "have to go on xp for vent to work" ?
  • ErlingErling May 2008
    Because vent wasn't updated for like 3 years.
  • dandan May 2008
    So, who wants to play dota? I have to reinstall, but gogo!

-dan
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership