A big WTF to the GOP
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    I used to like the republican platform. Not on the issues of abortion or personal liberty, but fiscally and budgetarily they have been my stalwart companions. Lately however they've just gone batshit crazy:

" The GOP platform will be presented today to the full convention. Like all platforms, it's a statement of principle and a political document to rally the troops.

In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions."

It's like they're giving America the middle finger now...
  • EvestayEvestay June 2008
    yeah that platform blows =\
    they need to promise to drill for domestic oil, secure the border, make english the national languagem promise victory in iraq, support tax cuts, etc... those are all issues 50+% of Americans would agree with. I want to point out the story you gave is just about the Texas GOP, not the national GOP, although they are probably as lame.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    QUOTE (Evestay @ Jun 13 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah that platform blows =\
    they need to promise to drill for domestic oil, secure the border, make english the national languagem promise victory in iraq, support tax cuts, etc... those are all issues 50+% of Americans would agree with. I want to point out the story you gave is just about the Texas GOP, not the national GOP, although they are probably as lame.

I still don't totally agree with your platform suggestions, but they are probably what the core GOP'ers would sign on to. Yeah this is Texas. These guys are Hardass GOP members, but they are the direction the party has taken. If they think Americans care about those issues at all, let alone agree with those stances on them, then they better be prepared to be even further marginalized in the next couple of elections.
  • Now, I believe in Intelligent Design, and really don't think that there is much to teach about it. Seriously, a superior being created the Earth. The End.

I seriously think that the most important issue coming into this race is the recession. Why isn't anyone talking about it much?
  • They think that by avoiding it, the general public will see them as confident. We of the informed will see them as ignorant retards.
  • GovernorGovernor June 2008
    The economy is _all_ either candidate is talking about. Obama is currently running an "economic tour" of the US.
  • QUOTE (Governor @ Jun 14 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The economy is _all_ either candidate is talking about. Obama is currently running an "economic tour" of the US.

I have a feeling that I missed something image/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
  • GovernorGovernor June 2008
    I was replying to your "no one is mentioning the recession" post.
  • And I was saying that I've been missing the coverage of them speaking on the economy.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    The clips don't get played because it's dry and boring and tailored to fit the demographic at the venue. But you can read tons that they each have said. And most major financial publications have spent about the last 2 months tearing apart both of their tax plans.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership