Pakistan
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    This happened on Tuesday.
    American air and artillery strikes killed 11 Pakistani paramilitary soldiers during a clash with insurgents on the Afghan border on Tuesday night

This happened on Wednesday.
    Pakistan increased defence spending by nearly 7 percent on Wednesday, to 296.07 billion rupees ($4.4 billion), for the 2008-09 fiscal year starting on July 1.

But don't worry. This is what they're saying today.
    Deadly U.S. strike won't hurt relationship.
  • EvestayEvestay June 2008
    here is the video of the incident:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ee_1213234513
    investigate for yourself!
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    I donno whether we were right or not, that's a really tough call. I also assume (perhaps with a degree of naivity) that this wasn't an intentional sort of assault on Pakistan, which is a nuclear power. All that aside, if there's a country we have to fear in the short term, it's probably Pakistan.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    And this nonsense continues.

The Afghan President, Hamid Karzai, yesterday threatened to attack Taliban insurgents on Pakistani soil, saying his war-torn country had a right to do so out of "self-defence".
  • ScabdatesScabdates June 2008
    There are very few things in this world that I care about less than Pakistan.
  • NunesNunes June 2008
    Meh, they could blow up India probably. And we like India here in the US. And we don't have a good track record of taking things like that in stride...
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership