Fantasy Football
  • BlackLightBlackLight August 2008
    It's that time of year again. If you would like to participate in another excellent controversial mudslinging season of Forbidden Donut fantasy football, reply here with said interest. The forums have been heavily depleted, but hopefully there's still enough. Let me know.
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2008
    I will.
  • WedgeWedge August 2008
    i'm in again
  • MagicMagic August 2008
    <-- Returning champ reporting for duty
  • FoowankoFoowanko August 2008
    I don't see why not.
  • xemplarxemplar August 2008
    sure, why the hell not!
  • ScabdatesScabdates August 2008
    I'm in.
  • NonRootNonRoot August 2008
    Ill participate
    And that makes eight! I have created the league, which is on Yahoo!, meaning you need a yahoo account to play. If you don't have a yahoo account, it's very easy to get one so don't bitch out.

Go to: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ and click under Football '08 (NOT PLUS) "Join Custom League"

User ID is: 313306
    Password: magicwilllose

Let me know if you guys have any problems. Join up as soon as possible! More players are always welcome

• JAmmYJAmmY August 2008
    In.
    I'm in image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    I'll join up when I come with a good name.
    BRETT FAVRE IS A NEW YORK JET!....I just wanted to put that out there...image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
    Uh. Someone want to give me a quick overview of what to do? I know that I pick players that have a certain score and depending on that score I win/lose games, right?
    Here's a quick outline. PM me if you have any further questions.

We have a live, online draft that takes place whenever I set it as (preferably when as many people as possible can attend). Draft order is randomly chosen and each team/player drafts 17 players (in this league, you must draft at least 1 quarterback, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 kicker, 1 defense, and 1 defensive player, along with reserves). If you can't make the draft, it will autopick for you. Each player makes points based on their performance in whatever week they play (i.e., a quarterback makes 1 point every 25 yards thrown successfully, 6 points for a TD, -2 for an interception, etc. you can check specific point totals on yahoo). Whoever scores the most points with their chosen players wins. You have to plan ahead for bye weeks and there's also waivers and such to add free agents, etc.

It's a very easy game to pick up and leads me to compulsively watch every game on Sundays. You'll enjoy it
    Alright, easy enough I guess.
    If you said you were going to join and you haven't yet, please do so sometime within the next week. we currently have an odd number of players and we need an even # to start the season. let me know
  • waterxm04waterxm04 August 2008
    Blacklight i'll join make it even.
    Two joined: we have 9; need one more
  • NonRootNonRoot August 2008
    We can always kick Scabdates off to make it even. image/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
    Alright you cock knockers, we need one more person to join to make it even. someone please step up and join us in a season of glory, heartache, pride, and shady deals by magic.
  • MagicMagic August 2008
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Aug 11 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Alright you cock knockers, we need one more person to join to make it even. someone please step up and join us in a season of glory, heartache, pride, and shady deals by magic.

=/

If nobody else joins I get to decide who to kick out!

Oh and I slept with a Yahoo big-wig to get a top 3 pick -- LT, AP or Joey Harrington woo!
  • BillBill August 2008
    It's on.
    thank you Bill for possessing a pair. it's on!
  • PotatoPotato August 2008
    fuck, several days too late.
    I won't make the draft. I will be at work. Fucking Pacific time.
    Draft is at 6 this evening for you east coasters. Be there

xemp, set up an draft order ahead of time
    I'll be there.
    How do I do that?
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2008
    My internet just got back up...

It went down 30 minutes before draft time...................

I must say I am satisfied with my picks tho... thankfully I was bored the other day and set up picks ahead of time.
    I got LT.

Prepare to lose.
    I had fucking orientation bullshit all fucking day and didn't get back to my room till 10. Can I still participate or I am the fucked?
  • JAmmYJAmmY August 2008
    QUOTE (Foowanko @ Aug 25 2008, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I had fucking orientation bullshit all fucking day and didn't get back to my room till 10. Can I still participate or I am the fucked?

Yeah you can, it just automatically picked for the draft for you.

I also noticed... I got Adam Johns and DeMarcus Ware for my D... That won;t be good for wk 10
  • BillBill August 2008
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Aug 24 2008, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I got LT.

Prepare to lose.

I picked before you, and took Peterson. this would suggest that I am not afraid of your LT with his porceline knees.
    QUOTE (Bill @ Aug 25 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I picked before you, and took Peterson. this would suggest that I am not afraid of your LT with his porceline knees.

Wasn't Peterson out for a month last season due to a knee injury?
    Talk about LT and Peterson is irrelevant. I will dominate this season with Robbie Gould.
  • WedgeWedge August 2008
    i totally forgot about the draft

but i got Brady, hopefully i can count on him for the season
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Aug 25 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wasn't Peterson out for a month last season due to a knee injury?

I remember something like that happening....oh yeah and then he got about 4 yards combined in the several weeks after recovery. image/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
  • BillBill August 2008
    I won't let you talk about the purple jesus like that.
    QUOTE (Scabdates @ Aug 25 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I remember something like that happening....oh yeah and then he got about 4 yards combined in the several weeks after recovery. image/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I like your sarcasm..actually though, I believe he got like 190 or something, the next game back..I could be wrong though. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
  • MagicMagic August 2008
    QUOTE (xemplar @ Aug 25 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I like your sarcasm..actually though, I believe he got like 190 or something, the next game back..I could be wrong though. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

no the next few games he came back opposing D's shut him down because MN had no passing game. With the addition of Berrian and T.Jack getting experience hopefully that will change this year.

Bill is right, he is the purple jesus.
  • xemplarxemplar September 2008
    When I go to add a Defensive player, I am having trouble just putting him on the team, and keeping the other guy as well. It will only let me get him and get rid of the other guy. help?
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    Your roster is filled to capacity. Drop a fool
    I did!
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    WAIVERS MORON I ALREADY TOLD YOU
  • MedicMedic September 2008
    @sucker who got brady,
    have fun.
    that is all.
    QUOTE (Medic @ Sep 9 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    @sucker who got brady,
    have fun.
    that is all.

they dropped him and added Matt Casel. image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE (Scabdates @ Sep 9 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    WAIVERS MORON I ALREADY TOLD YOU

STFU!
  • BillBill September 2008
    Why, in god's name, would you keep Brady on your roster filling up a spot when you KNOW he's out for the season?

• MedicMedic September 2008
    I had to...someone set up my team for it and now I can't log in to edit my team.
  • JAmmYJAmmY September 2008
    Sooooo I can't play Balti's D this wk because of the damn hurricane?

That is lame, they better make it up this week.
  • ScabdatesScabdates September 2008
    QUOTE (JAmmY @ Sep 13 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sooooo I can't play Balti's D this wk because of the damn hurricane?

That is lame, they better make it up this week.

image/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership