Palin/Biden
  • NunesNunes August 2008
    McCain just revealed his VP choice as Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. An avid hunter and generally outdoorsy hotty with big boobs and 1.5 years of gubernatorial experience, Palin is Pro-life, pro-gun, and pretty damned conservative (still reading).

I can't wait until Biden gets to make her look like an idiot on foreign policy.

/Biden could make anybody look like an idiot on foreign policy.
  • mungomungo August 2008
    And I cant wait for the democrats to lose again.

Yehaw, let the hotty speak. She's considered a rising star for a reason -- and soon I'm sure we'll find out why.
  • PheylanPheylan August 2008
    I'd hit it.

• EvestayEvestay August 2008
    Way to go McCain! He picked my first choice and I definitely did not expect him to pick her. She has drilling credentials- she wants to drill in ANWR, she lives in Alaska, every one in her state wants to drill, she threatened to take away the oil company leases if they didn't start drilling ASAP, and she gives rebate checks to all Alaskan citizens from the money her state brings in from oil revenues. She has credentials for being pro-life considering she had a kid with down-syndrome even though she knew about it during her pregnancy (I'm not necessarily pro-life [I am for reversing Roe v Wade and allowing each state to decide for itself], but this will bring in more voters). She has popularity credentials because she is hot with a VERY cool family and has an 80-90% approval rating in her state. AND her son is due to go to Iraq on Sep 11th. (McCain has a son overseas too, so eat that leftists who say why not send your own son to the 'war-mongerers').
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton August 2008
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/pal...date/index.html

I saw it on digg. I started reading the comments, but when a majority of people cited her lack of experience as their number one complaint, I, first, chuckled and later, was very disappointed. I can understand why people would be nervous about an inexperienced leader, but the people making these claims are the same people that were saying Obama didn't need more experience.

Anyway, I do think Biden will be able to defeat her in a debate. I'd be surprised if it was close. Overall, it was a good pick by McCain's team. She will "keep" the polls close. I must say that I do think her being pro-life and having a mentally handicapped (is that offensive yet?) child is a very strong selling point. Even if you are pro-choice, it shows she will follow through on her ideals.
    OH and she is very fiscally conservative, which means she is the opposite of Bush who just kept spending us into debt (although our national debt as a percentage of the overall GDP has fallen the past few years- it grew 2000-2005 or so).
    Hah I just keep remembering good things = shes very good with ethics reform because she blew the whistle on the bridge to nowhere and has cut down on corruption (hey she cant do everything if you want to mention Ted Stevens- that guy cant be controlled).
  • NunesNunes August 2008
    She's a pretty good whistle blower. There are problems with her. She's still kind of embroiled in a semi scandal. The ad would just say that she hasn't been around for too long, but is already showing signs of corruption. Blah Blah. It's seriously minor, and I approve of her action, but it was clearly done for the wrong reasons. And I'm not pleased with our current VP abusing the power of his office. D's could keep up with the eight is enough meme, and that's been their primary mode of attack.

/She can blow my whistle anytime she likes though.
    //giggity
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton August 2008
    There was a reddit article saying that vpilf.com is already taken. That was amazingly fast.

Seriously... check it out (SFW)
  • GovernorGovernor August 2008
    She's a VP pick; the only thing that matters is that she's a chick. You can throw all of her opinions, credentials, or lack thereof out the window.

However, I am also extremely surprised she was chosen. It is going to be more difficult (not impossible) for him to argue that Obama is too inexperienced for office, but she very well could (and almost certainly will) solidify the votes of the few women that still adamantly oppose Obama and want a woman in office.
  • NunesNunes August 2008
    It's a rovian tactic. Every deficiency in McCain has to be projected onto Obama. If Obama goes after her inexperience he's opening the door to discussion of his own. If McCain continues to hit him on his experience, he'd only be able to respond that both he and she are plenty ready for the job at hand, or he's playing the "no you" game.

/"You're a fag."
    //"But I saw you suck dick once. You're actually gay!"
    ///"I can't be gay. I called you a fag."

Welcome to modern political discourse.
  • coffeecoffee August 2008
    brilliant strategery by john mcCain. Why bother to defeat your opponent in politics when you can seduce them?
  • NunesNunes August 2008
    QUOTE (coffee @ Aug 29 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    brilliant strategery by john mcCain. Why bother to defeat your opponent in politics when you can seduce them?

After all, John McCain is a master of seduction. He got a Beer Heiress young enough to be his daughter to bonk him and ask her daddy to fund his political career after coming back from Vietnam to his disfigured, but faithful wife. Then he called her a cunt.

/your candidate's POW status can't shield us from his faults forever.
    //I can make posts that add nothing of value to the discussion too. Watch.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 August 2008
    so if mccain is elected, he'll probably dies 10 minutes into the presidency, so i hope anyone that likes her as vp is also willing to see her as president
  • NunesNunes August 2008
    She's in lock step on all the single issues that people vote on, so that won't matter to people. But yeah, McCain's VP pick matters a bit more than Obama's. The Secret Service can jump in front of a bullet. They can't jump in front of a stroke.
  • ScabdatesScabdates August 2008
    QUOTE (ANunes @ Aug 29 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    She's in lock step on all the single issues that people vote on, so that won't matter to people. But yeah, McCain's VP pick matters a bit more than Obama's. The Secret Service can jump in front of a bullet. They can't jump in front of a stroke.

I loled.
  • cutchinscutchins September 2008
    She's been governor of a state with about 500,000 citizens for 2 years. Before that she was the mayor of a town that had less than 6,000 citizens. Comparing her inexperience to Obama's perceived inexperience is rather silly.

This woman has a bachelor's degree in journalism and before becoming mayor in i think '96 was just another housewife.

Her approval ratings ARE NOT high. They were around 90 and now she's embroiled in a scandal in which most of her state believes she has done wrong. This is why her approval ratings are now less than 70% and i read they are projected to continue to fall. There's your whistleblower.

Any woman that votes for McCain just because he added this woman to the ticket is a complete retard. Yes she has a vagina, NO she does not support your right to choose.

• BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    What's this bullshit about being hot. She can only be considered marginally good looking strictly in the realm of other female politicians, which isn't saying much. Honestly, would you even give this woman a second glance if you saw her on the street?

These are the kind of issues that force me to stand up and let my stance be known.
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    It's a matter of hittability, not general hotness.
  • BlackLightBlackLight September 2008
    She's not even that hittable, unless you're into the sag
  • NunesNunes September 2008
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Sep 1 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    She's not even that hittable, unless you're into the sag

And Mary Kate Olson has sharp knees.

I'd still hit it like a 300 yd drive.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership