BETA FUCKERS!
  • BlueBoxBobBlueBoxBob August 2008
    Too bad school started damn it image/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
  • stealth_3lfstealth_3lf August 2008
    i put my clan as forbidden donut as i didn't know what else to put it as
  • BrianBrian August 2008
    QUOTE (stealth_3lf @ Aug 30 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    i put my clan as forbidden donut as i didn't know what else to put it as

Same.
  • GmnotutooGmnotutoo August 2008
    Same, same, and done.
  • BillBill August 2008
    Done.
  • JeddHamptonJeddHampton August 2008
    I'd sign up, but they wouldn't take me with my current machine. If I had my new one, I'd go ahead and sign up.

(I'll be buying a new computer in the next 15 days...)
  • GovernorGovernor August 2008
    Apparently there will be no MAC version. Someone needs to tell the developers that it's not 1999.
    That's not too surprising. Macs still don't have a large market share and aren't known for their gaming.

I completely agree that it's stupid not to release a mac version. It is a growing market and would have less competition on the mac than windows.
    It's fairly common for MMO's to be released for MAC, though. I remember back when WoW was released and the FD guild started up, a good portion of our membership were running on MACs.
  • jimmah7jimmah7 August 2008
    yeah macs don't have a big market share at all: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/eling002/architect...ssouri_macs.jpg
    and that's one classroom at one school. you should've said they don't have a big market share in gaming.
  • BlackLightBlackLight August 2008
    boot camp!
  • azn+mikeazn mike August 2008
    QUOTE (Jimmah7 @ Aug 31 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah macs don't have a big market share at all: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/eling002/architect...ssouri_macs.jpg
    and that's one classroom at one school. you should've said they don't have a big market share in gaming.

Mr. Technicality over here.
    QUOTE (BlackLight @ Aug 31 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    boot camp!

I'll set up bootcamp if, after beta, everyone says it's all it's cracked up to be.
    QUOTE (Jimmah7 @ Aug 31 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is higher than I thought it was. I still thought macs were under the 10% mark, but apparently they have risen up in the world.

Still, 14% is not a large share of the market (this is US market, I'll look for a US & Euro/World one).
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?newsid=20751

edit: Here we go (from a link that was just on digg):
    Mac OS X approaches 8 percent market share in June
  • carto0ncarto0n September 2008
    enough about mac's....this game is going to own me.
  • AlfyAlfy September 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Aug 31 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'll set up bootcamp if, after beta, everyone says it's all it's cracked up to be.

Um, it is in version 2 there chief...
  • GovernorGovernor September 2008
    QUOTE (Alfy @ Sep 2 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Um, it is in version 2 there chief...

I was referring to the game.
  • AlfyAlfy September 2008
    QUOTE (Governor @ Sep 2 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was referring to the game.

Well now I feel dumb.
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof September 2008
    so maybe I missed it, but did they post an actual beta start date? or was this just a sign up with no date. Just curious, but I did register so I'm good to go.
  • PheylanPheylan September 2008
    It's just a start date that I saw. So...based on past time tables, now that we have a sign up the beta should start somewhere in the next 17-33 months.
  • CheezzypoofCheezzypoof September 2008
    QUOTE (Pheylan @ Sep 4 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It's just a start date that I saw. So...based on past time tables, now that we have a sign up the beta should start somewhere in the next 17-33 months.

well they are hoping to release 2008, im hoping unlike every other company except EA they have their act together.
  • BrianBrian September 2008
    QUOTE (Cheezzypoof @ Sep 5 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    well they are hoping to release 2008, im hoping unlike every other company except EA they have their act together.

I guess you haven't been following the game long. Clan beta applications were open in 2005. Clan beta never happened. They have said numerous times the beta would be "soon", never to follow up. This gameplay video is the FIRST gameplay vid EVER released for Darkfall in its... 7(?) years of development.

The only thing different now is that they said 2008. If they miss that after all their dragging along of the fans, they are fucked.
  • SmokebudzSmokebudz November 2008
    Beta (closed) was supposed to expand on november 10th. So even if they miss the 2008 launch, but have an open beta going before 2008 ends (december maybe?), they will keep the fanbase intact. Most of the fans aren't gonna complain bout playing for free and quickly forget about the missed launch date.
  • BillBill November 2008
    QUOTE (Smokebudz @ Nov 11 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Beta (closed) was supposed to expand on november 10th. So even if they miss the 2008 launch, but have an open beta going before 2008 ends (december maybe?), they will keep the fanbase intact. Most of the fans aren't gonna complain bout playing for free and quickly forget about the missed launch date.

I think that is a remarkably optimistic appraisal of the situation.
  • SmokebudzSmokebudz November 2008
    QUOTE (Bill @ Nov 11 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think that is a remarkably optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Well if I would look at the game like a pessimist I'd have gave up long ago image/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> just trying to brighten up the mood

Plus I goto the df forum for the lulz and a few of the higher post count long time followers suddenly vanished the last day or two. So.... we can only hope they got the first slice of the beta cake.

But let me ask you this. If you got into the beta before 2008 ended would you care if the launch was pushed back? That would only mean they are fixing bugs being found, and personally I think its better to give us a working game when we pay, instead of letting you buy a beta (i.e age of conan) even if it means a pushed back launch. Which isn't anything out of the ordinary in game development anyways. Only time will tell I suppose.
  • BillBill November 2008
    Given the videos we've been shown, and the general response to them around here, I don't see much hope for the game if it's released tommorow. People have been waiting too long, it kind of looks like dookie, and it's going to be fucking empty. I'd play the beta, and if it proves me wrong, I'll play retail, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.
  • October 2009 Edit
    I did and they still suck ass. I stopped playing the VG beta for now. They keep changing the game with ever patch it just doesn’t feel like the same game any longer. The more I play it the less I am liking the feel for what they are trying to do.
  • ErlingErling October 2009
    Fifty trillion years later...

[ Too Be Continued ]
  • November 2009 Edit
    Yesterdays BETA test was really cool and awesome

Ill go to todays one too
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership